Author Topic: Sunrider: Liberation Day Announced  (Read 84150 times)

Offline Samu-kun

Sunrider: Liberation Day Announced
« on: May 19, 2015, 04:34:57 am »
A little late to the party, but here is the full announcement page. http://sunrider-vn.com/liberationday/

Offline AkioKlaus

Re: Sunrider: Liberation Day Announced
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:40:16 am »
Just finished reading as well.

I can't clearly see the spoiler since I did not reach there yet, (I really have trouble of getting in to daily parts... I am dozing off if I am not talking to Ava...) but i do see that academy has ties to this another spinoff... ... off... emm.. i guess spin off.
spin off series. nice.

well, yay its more TRPG.

also +1 for kryska. gettin dandy and handsome as wished!
also ava alive hahahaha spinoff poweru
+1 for icari having slightly different tone.

+10 for
Where she acquired such a ryder remains a mystery. The captain has long suspected Claude of having ulterior motives for joining the ship, but she quickly waves away his attention with a strategic grope to his bottom.

----
on side note, I'm still undecided with patron system since im not to good with money logistics. Even if it is predictable that game would be 60 dollars and i require 3 months of patron to get it, I won't do it until I see like solid numbers cuz I naturally fear of paying in terms haha. This is why I need to get a job, something that counters income.. i mean de-come..? eh
would like to see comedy pics of development but for now I'll still stay aside.
besides even if I join now, game may come out within 3 months. You are bit too good at making this and the game comes out rather shortly after announcements..
specially since its break season.
For all that matters, I'll say that I am slightly sorry for getting beta access to Academy but not really giving any feedback. I'll be guessing the game would be 20-30 dollars, and if I don't get stuck on weird stuff (like marathoning full metal alchemist and other shows while wasting life on social network games... ) I'll see if I can jump on patron for 3 payment, for beta.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:46:48 am by AkioKlaus »
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 04:41:49 am »
Well, I already said my impressions on the other thread. We have a date for when more details will be revealed?
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Megillot

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:15:04 am »
So only first two chapters were free and all further will be $10 each? That's a shame.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 05:17:54 am »
So only first two chapters were free and all further will be $10 each? That's a shame.
Um no.... The third chapter of the main Sunrider is still free.. This is a different game..

Offline Megillot

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 05:24:48 am »
Um no.... The third chapter of the main Sunrider is still free.. This is a different game..

"The story so far" describes events of main Sunrider, so that Liberation Day clearly looks like a direct sequel.

Offline InquisitorJeeves

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 05:30:14 am »
Between this news and the House of Wolves being released soon, I don't think I can get anymore excited!

My day just got 100 times better.....wait. Did I just read spoilers for Sunrider Academy? NOOO!

This war is all there is for you. What else do you have? You walk among mortals and immortals, a creature lost in time. Your only purpose is the struggle. Does it seem unfair? To be brought back into this, the end of days, the long dwindling exhalation of an ancient corpse? You were at peace. Now you are a dead husk charged with war. Do you remember anything of freedom? Fight on, then. The war IS everything. But consider the choices before you.

Offline Terra

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 07:14:06 am »

Will there be any updates to Mask of Arcadius?
No, everyone’s working on Liberation Day now.

So i can guess devs decited to make separate continue not on renpy right? :)

"Will this be another free update to Mask of Arcadius?"
No, Sunrider: Liberation Day is a separate product and not a free update.

same though, no more renpy or P2P (pay to play)  ;D, but honestly i dont care about cost, i will just fill steam wallet for that  :)

Offline Britnoth

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 10:00:57 am »
Sunrider: Liberation Day is the next chapter of the Sunrider series.

Yes, Sunrider will still be a tactical RPG. We will release more information about the game play later.

How is it both the next chapter, still a tactical RPG, a continuation from the ending seen in Mask of Arcadius, and yet is separate from MoA?

???

Offline Terra

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 06:14:27 pm »

Yes, Sunrider will still be a tactical RPG. We will release more information about the game play later.

How is it both the next chapter, still a tactical RPG, a continuation from the ending seen in Mask of Arcadius, and yet is separate from MoA?

???

probably third part of trilogy is not update of mask of arcadius, but like a "new game" wich will appear with continuation what happened after mask of arcadius and new arrival O.o

Offline Priere

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:38 am »
Think about it like the Mass Effect series. Was ME2 the next chapter of ME? Yes. Was it a separate product? Yes.

Offline Britnoth

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 10:24:40 am »
Think about it like the Mass Effect series. Was ME2 the next chapter of ME? Yes. Was it a separate product? Yes.

Was ME 1 left unfinished 2/3rds of the way through the game when ME 2 was started on?

Offline Megillot

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 06:35:55 pm »

In this case Sunrider 2 was next chapter of Sunrider, but wasn't a separate product. But Sunrider 3 is both next chapter and separate product, and uses different distribution model to boot.
Complete game from chapter one to all following installments was supposed to be freeware. What gives?

Offline Britnoth

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 10:41:17 am »
I can understand if this is a spin off game set at the time when MoA ends, sort of like a very large side quest. Then it could use a different game engine or whichever.

But.

Implies otherwise.

Offline The Nothing

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 10:47:40 am »
Or is it just a way to make people talk a lot about the game, just like Nintendo and it's "no gay relationship in a life simulation game" (Tomodachi life), resulting in a lot of people knowing the game, and perhaps buying it ?