Author Topic: Sunrider Beta 8.00 Released  (Read 13965 times)

Offline Samu-kun

Sunrider Beta 8.00 Released
« on: August 01, 2015, 12:14:43 am »
That sure took a while...

Check your email if you're participating in the beta and tell me if there are any troubles.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

Re: Sunrider Beta 8.00 Released
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 01:38:20 am »
It is time..........................................to break the game in every possible and conceivable manner and make Samu-shamu's life a living hell.

EDIT:  All right check back with this post for updates as time goes on.  Will most likely only make one post.

Issue #1
: Tooltips and Edge Scroll cannot be selected in options. Mose likely a known issue already

Issue #2: For some reason doesn't recognize Gorchnik's Mask of Arcadius data. Will play through quickly and then try importing again.

Issue #3: Holy moley thats a lot of damage even for Gorchnik on Captain mode. Enemies were one-shotting all the ryders. Might want to take a look at those formulas. This is after playing on Admiral in Part 1 and 2

Issue #4: Tried messing with Icari and sure enough she does not function properly in the battle engine.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:08:19 am by Lord Gorchnik »

Offline Verthand

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 01:46:57 am »
This gonna be a long, exciting weekend.... *grabs a whole box of energetics*

If im not here monday, its bk i died of a heart attack for not sleeping for 2 days in a row

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.

Offline rgreat

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 01:58:23 am »
Please add an option to reduce dialog font size.

Current one is way too large for comfort on my 30'' screen. :)

And by the way, finally welcome back to sunrider!
:)

Updated: August 01, 2015, 02:12:12 am
Btw, how to properly import a steam savegame?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:12:12 am by rgreat »

Offline JCQuiinn

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 02:20:11 am »
Well, there goes my weekend. Now to get down to business.

Issue 1: Not sure if intentional or not, but my data import has messed up stats for most of my crew and I'm missing allied ships that were in my fleet (merchant ships and alliance vessels).

Issue 2: Icari doesn't properly appear in melee combat(not thoroughly tested, might be only occasionally).

EDIT: Also, if you go into battle without the sunrider and order an attack at 0% Ava will tell you it's impossible.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:04:51 am by JCQuiinn »

Offline GetterDragon

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 02:36:46 am »
Can confirm models disappear during melee combat. 

Difficulty seems unbalanced as well, and changing it does nothing.  Enemies do ridiculous amounts of damage to my units.

Also, right clicking to open the options menu happens when right-clicking to cancel.

Offline Histidine

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 02:37:02 am »
I was an Iced Blade backer (and received access to all the relevant FA/MoA betas accordingly) but I didn't get the 8.0 beta mail. Intentional? Or was I supposed to have signed up somewhere else as well?

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 02:41:40 am »
Issue #1: Tooltips and Edge Scroll cannot be selected in options. Mose likely a known issue already

We are already aware of this issue

Issue 1: Not sure if intentional or not, but my data import has messed up stats for most of my crew and I'm missing allied ships that were in my fleet (merchant ships and alliance vessels).

The only data that's imported are: prince/moralist values, character affection, whether or not you have the wishall, whether or not you saved the diplomats, whether or not you pushed Grey to reveal what happened at ongess, and whether or not you destroyed legion. Your fleet and ship stats are not saved in the save data.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 03:29:22 am »
wooo patron!

Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 04:06:14 am »
Alright Gorchnik said no second post but honestly your lord couldn't find anything. Gorchnik wasn't actively checking for spelling & grammar as he will leave that job to one of his minions.

Overall the art assets are definitely the biggest improvement.  Would have loved to see a bit more refinement come to the battle-engine but Gorchnik knows there is only so much that can be done with Renpy.

Also Gorchnik misses "Titan" as the main battle music already. Stupid free licenses.

Offline Verthand

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 04:07:00 am »

Issue 2: Icari doesn't properly appear in melee combat(not thoroughly tested, might be only occasionally).

Can confirm models disappear during melee combat. 

Yup, the models are disappearing for all ryders, not just Icari, but also Cossete when she attacks or is attacked on melee.

In Visual Novel scenes Hide UI working properly, but when i click Hide UI while in mission i get this:

Spoiler

Also Asaga starting with 1/2 missiles and the Sunrider with 1/3 missiles for w/e reason. Dont know if it was on purpose.

Last, in the talk between turn 2 and 3, scroll up cant be used to roll back the text, but is used to zoom in the map instead. So after trying to roll back, it is was ultra zoomed in the map after the conversation finished.

PC Specifications
Processor: AMD FX 6 Core 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Video: GeForce GTX 660 Ti

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:25:05 am by Verthand »

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 06:34:34 am »
I forgot to mention, battle 1's mostly a place holder. We're not scheduled to revamp the battle engine until Beta 9.00. So just ignore that bit because V8.00 was mostly aimed at improving the VN segments.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 06:43:19 am »
There goes my 3D final.

Time to DL!
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Drath

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 07:34:19 am »
I was an Iced Blade backer (and received access to all the relevant FA/MoA betas accordingly) but I didn't get the 8.0 beta mail. Intentional? Or was I supposed to have signed up somewhere else as well?

I got access to v6.0b via the Fan Fic contest as per your link but have not received 8.0 beta mail either. I'm still playing through 7.2 at the moment but I would certainly like to have a look at 8.0 to go through the changes made.
Also a changelog to refer to would be much appreciated. Vaen's github site is still at 7.2.

EDIT: Ugh I'm so sorry, I'm so stupid. I really thought it was the mailbox for this forum (which is where I got the code for v6.0b). Turns out its your proper mail address when you register. Yes I got it and sorry for the confusion.
P/S - I blame Sakura Clicker. Playing that thing gives you an intelligence debuff :P
PP/S - I think I'll download v8.0 on my laptop. Don't want to mess up my ongoing v7.2 playthrough on my desktop.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:22:45 am by Drath »

Offline Shirley

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 08:45:34 am »
Finished it after having to open a previous save from Mask of Arcadius because I knew the paths I took but cheated on the beach episode and had no idea that you allowed us to create a file to be imported.

Something to address first:

Something addressed in "update v7.2" but apparently it was on the second line of a wall of text that I overlooked and if you overlooked it too I suggest you check this out
YOU MUST RE-OPEN A SAVE FILE JUST BEFORE THE END OF MASK OF ARCADIUS, AND FINISH THE LAST BATTLE/RUN THE CREDITS AT THE END OF THE GAME TO GET THE OPTION TO MAKE A FILE SPECIFICALLY FOR IMPORT! It will give you a prompt at the end of the credits. This was probably the result of an update back a few months ago that none of us bothered to look into since most of us have already finished said game numerous times.

After you do that, no matter where that file is located, it will be found, and you will have things.

That being said:

Apparently irrelevant as I mentioned if you touched the "update v7.2" section.
Issue #1: For the ".import" section, tell people about this. I am debugger enough to put this together myself that, and intuition....and it was possible that this would be something for after the entire game was finished but it didn't hurt to try it once and look what came of it! Results and progress!, so just having an instinct lead me to this. A small instruction for it would be helpful first, not just "no saved data shown". Some people will get this game long after they completed their first run through, so they won't know of the "would you like to make a save import?" that was added to the game after it was updated.

Issue #2: I know that the first battle is a placeholder, but I was able to move Icari, stealth, not pay attention to my power levels and wanted to undo so I undid a move by hitting "cancel move", and Icari went back to her spot, but with the buff still active and energy still gone.

Issue #3: Screenshots still stop animation but there is nothing that you can do about that.

Comments and praise on waifu war.

EDIT: Also, if you go into battle without the sunrider and order an attack at 0% Ava will tell you it's impossible.

It's been that way since Beta 5. It was pointless to use energy if you wouldn't hit it. Waste of resources.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:24:10 am by BITE ME UNIVERSE »
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"