Poll

Continue the Hot Seat?

Nope. Been slow.
2 (14.3%)
Sure, why not have another go at it.
3 (21.4%)
Sure, we just need to get more folks on the forum.
0 (0%)
That Revontulet guy sure is a swell dude 8)
9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: The 30 Question Hot Seat - Charles Flyingpad  (Read 148132 times)

Offline Inaho Rowe

Re: The 30 Question Hot Seat - Charles Flyingpad
« Reply #1320 on: September 05, 2017, 04:21:04 am »
11! what are your 3 favorites ice cream!
-a new world with new depth-
"graduated from ryder pilot and enginering course
finnaly got to pilot my own ryder
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Tenkay

« Reply #1321 on: September 05, 2017, 06:33:22 pm »
11! what are your 3 favorites ice cream!
1. cookie
2. chocolate
3. forest fruits

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #1322 on: March 20, 2018, 10:12:22 pm »
I was going to ask in the Spam thread, but then I remembered this thread exists.
12: How was the trip you took with your classmates?

Tenkay

« Reply #1323 on: March 22, 2018, 08:50:57 pm »
I was going to ask in the Spam thread, but then I remembered this thread exists.
12: How was the trip you took with your classmates?

Man, that was something.

Basicly there's a thing called "Euroweek" - volunteers from all around the world come to some shithole in Poland and hold workshops, lectures and shit like that. There were four schools on the Euroweek: our proud eagles from Surveyor Technical school, some fags from Lyceum nr 30 and them some kids from schools in some shitholes I had never heard of before, and you couldn't pronounce: that is, Polanica Zdrój and Ostrzeszów.

Spoiler

The town, or rather village, we stayed in was Kudowa Zdrój - a small location on a Czech-Polish border. We even met some Czechs when going to a market for snacks and drinks. Honestly, it was quite a good spot for one or two day stay, with termal waters and really good cafe, but if I was supposed to live there, then I'd prolly kill myself. We got there and came back via trains.

Spoiler

I landed in a room with some, well, annoying idiots that didn't even wash themselves. Fortunately, my teacher allowed me to move to room where my friends were, even if it meant sleeping on a matress on a floor. Hearing whom I landed with, and because they were my classmates, they accepted me.

There were like four volunteers: Tamara from Georgia, Stanislav from Ukraine, Angelo from Colombia and Melody from Philippines. Incredibly positive people, especially since they more or less treated us like equals and not like some stupid shitlings. Activities we've been doing were either workshops that forced us to work in a group, or we had lectures about countries that volunteers came from. Said lectures presented their countries in bit more positive light than they actually are, so if you wanted to learn about some nasty things then you'd either have to talk with them in person or just find it yourself. There were lot of dances, at least for a person like me who never dances. Being a volunteer on Euroweek is quite fun, according to one of volunteers from Italy that visited us once. In his words: "You get to meet amazing people, you fuck a lot, you party a lot, you drink a lot and you also have free food and accomodation". He was actually quite... disappointed? when we told him that our plans after school were either work, study, or both.

Spoiler

Alcohol was an interesting thing on that trip. Our school was one of the most liberal in that case, consindering we just fucking smuggled two crates of beer into our room. There was also whiskey, vodka and hooch that one of our guys made. The room next to us even smoked pot, to the point that once entire corridor on next floor smelled with it. When a teacher entered their room, she noticed it and asked about it, to which they responded "We're just making toasts". Lyceum didn't have that much luck. Their teachers were incredibly strict, constantly monitored them and at some point even fucking forbid them to meet with us, because we "drink too much alcohol". One girl almost got expelled form that school because of this trip. I've later learnt that this Lyceum is considered to be "elite" and "prestigious" so that might be the case. The two other schools were simply too young for such escapades, so there's nothing to talk about. In the end, we were the only ones who drunk together with volunteers, and I think I beat my record during the party that happened on last night. Luckly, I stopped soon enough to actually be able to come back on my own legs and not trip. Others didn't have that much luck. That being said, i woke up with a rather nasty hangover, topped with a cold that's holding to this day.

Overall, it was pretty fun. Too bad I got back at 9PM to my home, and next day had to do professional exam, which I sadly fucked up. Anyway, let me send you one song I've heard on lecture about Ukraine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UmvUy1LziE