Author Topic: Sunrider Liberation Day Beta 11 Released  (Read 9120 times)

Offline Samu-kun

Sunrider Liberation Day Beta 11 Released
« on: December 19, 2015, 09:35:51 am »
The second last beta is out.

Note: Old save files are not guaranteed to work

Changes

-New items added to shop
-New friendly units
-Paladin's Drawfire now gives less armor
-Short Range Warp becomes more expensive if used more than once in a single turn
-You can save, research, and shop immediately before battles
-The camera centers on the attacking enemy during the enemy phase
-Some optimizations to reduce lag
-More story content

Offline Vaendryl

Re: Sunrider Liberation Day Beta 11 Released
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:54:35 am »
also, the game has hotkeys now but they weren't tested enough so they're disabled by default. you can enable them through console with BM.enable_hotkeys = True

F1 selects the Sunrider, the other function keys select your waifu.
numbers 1 through 7 or so select your weapon
WASD can be used to scroll the map.

EDIT: added a fix for the gravity gun not being usable on allied units below
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:22:09 am by Vaendryl »
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Drath

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 01:56:42 pm »
Gravity Gun no longer seems to work on friendly units, despite having a 100% label on ryders on mouseover. Is this intended? If so, this is a pretty fundamental change that will change battlefield tactics a good bit. Sorry to bug you guys but I will need confirmation on this issue before I play any further.

Damage displayed is now fixed and displays correct amount.

Saves made during combat in beta10 appear to be incompatible and won't work. Saves made during non-combat phases appear to be ok for the most part.

P/S - The Gravity Gun bug applies to Union Battleships as well, so right now they can only move any hostile unit, but not friendlies at all. I'll see if I can manage with this issue, but right now any ryders using kinetics like Paladin are going to be facing an uphill accuracy struggle.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:17:34 pm by Drath »

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 01:59:25 pm »
[Spoiler Alert]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Heh, it was the first caption I thought of when I saw this: https://twitter.com/Love_In_Space/status/678149854481154048

Offline BlackStarLine

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 02:22:51 pm »
Well, it seems pissing about in the dev console has some unexpected consequences when going for max upgrades... I've got myself plenty of intel and when i get to about the 12th upgrade it seems the game doesn't like it and crashes.

Offline Drath

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 05:53:25 pm »
I will probably start the campaign proper at the end of mission 5 (where I left off previously) as I don't really want to muddle through battles 1-5 all over again. I did try mission 1 again though just to check for bugs and there are some new ones, but first the corrected stuff.

Fixed stuff: lowest difficulty and current difficulty now displays correctly on a new game

Mostly fixed stuff: Full Forward and Aim Up now give set accuracy increments for all weapon types as in MoA. The figure appears to be +16 in both cases though rather than +15. Well it's not a big deal. Just wondering whether it's a case of the devs being nice and giving a little extra :P Or a rounding discrepancy similar to upgrades previously.

New bugs: Victory screen numbers are now very messed up.
After a 4-turn battle for the 1st mission, the screen displays:
enemy destruction reward: 2170 (same as in beta10)
repair costs: 48 (I took a little more damage this time)
space whale tax: 530 ?? (why is this figure so high? if tax is set at 20%, it should be 425)
net gain: 2122 ?? (this figure only factors in repairs and not tax, unlike beta10)
So the actual net gain (assuming no change in formula) should be 1697.

Also checked Intel and Funds totals in upgrades and stores. These appear roughly correct though, despite the above victory screen issues.
Funds total (money) is calculated as before and displayed correctly.
Funds = initial intel (3000) + initial funds (10000) + net gain (which should be 1697) = 14697

Intel total also makes sense I guess, but it does not take into account repairs.
Intel = initial intel (3000) + net gain (which is 1736 here) = 4736
1736 is basically 80% of enemy destruction reward which is 2170 (20% taken off for tax, while repairs are ignored)

As the actual amounts given appear to be correct, I will proceed with my playthrough as stated above. An addition of 250CP on a 2nd SRW won't invalidate my previous beta10 tactics. I had a good number of turns where I was sitting on full CPs in any case. If anything, I'd say things are a bit easier now since we have an extra
Spoiler
Union Battleship
from 2nd battle onwards and there are enough funds to get it without hassle.
Will see if I can get in some proper playtime tomorrow (Sunday is a full work day for me and I expect to be busy).

P/S - Some brief thoughts on new store items:
Spoiler
0)Union Battleship will be a no-brainer, must-buy just like all the other ships

1)Icari just told me she's drooling over the new Ongessite Injection Rods. I think she said something about being "faster than ever" xD I might even change Blackjack to a melee build if the battle warrants it.

2)Armor Penetrating Rounds and 'kinetics' for Blackjack, hmm... will have to weigh that against Pulse to see if worth the investment. I suppose I could redo my upgrades totally (since it costs nothing now to respec), though I'll probably stick with what I have.

3)Portable Shield Generator also sounds useful for flexible shield placement. Might be vital in some scenarios to defend against a combination of enemy AoE strikes and laser attacks. Its worth will largely depend on how big a threat enemy forces are.

4)Summon Alliance Battleship sounds like a CP dump when you have nothing better to spend it on, which can be the case when looking at previous battles. 3 turns isn't very much, but anything for more offensive punch I guess. If they aren't going to be factored in repairs and losses, I might even field them in the thick of battle to soak damage.
I like the description: "broadcast Sunrider's everyday struggles on prime time holovision"
So Sunrider is a reality TV war show now eh  ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:52:16 pm by Drath »

Offline warchief-williams

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 09:54:29 pm »
Spoiler
Because I am in the middle of my first playthrough (and trying to watch my utah utes annihilate byu at the Vegas Bowl), I can't give an in depth report. I will say though that at lower difficulty levels (ensign and lower) the Alliance Battleship is anything but a CMD point sink. Rather, it is very easy (especially on battles with lots of hostiles) to warp in two battleships, then have them make back enough CMD points for other orders or a third battleship. Might be a good idea to limit it to a single battleship unless the Alliance holovision junkies love to watch Battleship curb-stomping.

I do really like the new ship models for Alliance Ryders and Carriers. Any chance we could get a wallpaper with those on them?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:19:14 pm by Samu-kun »

Offline Drath

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 12:28:31 pm »
Fund totals upon using a beta10 save at the end of mission 5 appears to be correct but Intel totals are substantially less for me. 13893 (I intentionally didn't use 20% of Intel as Vaen stated taxes would be applied in beta11, the remainder is from mission 5 reward, totally unused) at the end of beta10 compared with 9932 at the start of beta11, a difference of 3961.
I've traced 3638 or so of the difference to Phoenix's EN upgrades, now 150*1.3^Mk-2 (lol Icari cried a little when she heard about it). So that still leaves 323 unaccounted for. I could believe the 23 being due to rounding discrepancies but 300 is too large an amount to leave unaccounted. I'd really prefer not to check the upgrades one by one to find out what else has changed, so if the devs could state what else has been tweaked that would be nice.

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 04:21:37 am »
We tweaked stuff?

Maybe it's flak and armor upgrade costs I remember someone saying something about that sometime...

Offline Cliff_Mastah_15

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 07:24:25 am »
Beautiful story so far. Awesome idea of making the betrayer not reveal themselves until actual release date.

Question for Samu-kun: is the story going to be mostly linear aside from whatever choices you are making? or is the story going to branch out?
1st Stage: man and sword become interchangeable.

2nd Stage: the sword resides not in the hand, but in the heart.

Final Stage: the sword disappears altogether. The desire to kill is gone; only peace remains.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 09:30:35 am »
Gravity Gun no longer seems to work on friendly units, despite having a 100% label on ryders on mouseover. Is this intended? If so, this is a pretty fundamental change that will change battlefield tactics a good bit. Sorry to bug you guys but I will need confirmation on this issue before I play any further.

Damage displayed is now fixed and displays correct amount.

Saves made during combat in beta10 appear to be incompatible and won't work. Saves made during non-combat phases appear to be ok for the most part.

P/S - The Gravity Gun bug applies to Union Battleships as well, so right now they can only move any hostile unit, but not friendlies at all. I'll see if I can manage with this issue, but right now any ryders using kinetics like Paladin are going to be facing an uphill accuracy struggle.

definitely a bug and it's fixed now. I added a fixed version of classes.rpy above.

I actually haven't touched the victory screen at all for a while now. I also think intel gains aren't reduces by repair costs...
I'll have to look at these things a bit more carefully some time.

summon BS is pretty OP though and may even outclass vanguard. the cost might go up next version. for one thing, the BS can give you CP back...
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Douman

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 09:57:47 am »
Source code is not going to be open anymore?

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 10:06:39 am »
Pretty sure we stopped using git because it was more trouble than it was worth. The source is still accessible in /game/ folder though.

Offline Douman

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 10:12:06 am »
Pretty sure we stopped using git because it was more trouble than it was worth.
LOL
Well it is your decision, but git is the best source control tool.
Cannot imagine how to do a coding properly for big things without possibility to roll back some changes.

Still glad to hear that source code will be available.
Hope the same will be for final release

Offline warchief-williams

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 06:05:36 pm »
Right, here is another report from me
Spoiler
Stability: I think this is by far the stablest version of Sunrider I have played (including previous betas, MOA, and Academy). I have yet to have a single renpy failure and the game rarely lags out for me, even when there are a large amount of units on screen like in that first battle for Cera. So good on you, developers. Still can't import saves, but I think there must be something up with my MOA files which I will address later.

Balance: Other than the repeated arrival of the Alliance's 101st "Curb-Stompers" Battleship Squadron, the game seems to be pretty well balanced. The new upgrades available to the Ryders definitely helps to either make certain ryders more viable (Black Jack) or to offer new tactics to counter the new toys that the PACT got (Using Liberty's shield drones to keep ryders covered despite having to split up the formation due to the presence of those torpedo destroyers).

Grammar: Grammar is solid across all fronts, but there are still a few words that could use changing. For example, and I don't mean to harp on it, but during that 2nd Icari and Kyrska scene where they are eating, it is "Court Martial", not "Court Marshall". Grammar takes second priority to ensuring the game doesn't randomly crash, I know, but just something for later.

Story: Yesh, I don't think anywhere in MOA's story was the crew this tense. That final scene between Chigara and Asaga effectively shows just how wary everyone is of each other at this point. Out of curiosity, is the story going to continue on a linear path, or are the plans to branch out? There haven't been all that many dialogue options compared to MOA, and only one wishall choice so far, so are there plans to add more? In addition, I know in previous betas (haven't done enough digging through the code to confirm if this is still the case now) that the character affection stat was still a thing in the code, but, especially after this beta, it seems all but confirmed that Kayto is locked in with Chigara. Just wondering if that is the case or if some event in the future will force the player to branch out and then that affection stat plays a role. Either way works, as the writing has been solid, and I know I will enjoy the story regardless of what route is taken, though I personally prefer Asaga (especially since she has gotten a lot more characterization recently)...

Also, who wants to start a betting pool as to what the "coming darkness" is that the prototypes keep going on about?     
That's it for now. I will replay the game a few more times and see what I can come up with for another report.