Author Topic: Secret Hitler 2 : News flash, representatives to be chosen!  (Read 2573 times)

Offline WeAreTheMeta

Secret Hitler 2 : News flash, representatives to be chosen!
« on: March 01, 2018, 05:09:18 pm »
The Hyperspace Tribune

April 22, 1973

After the reveal of the existence of the CUSTODIAN 3 days ago, it has been officially announced yesterday that representatives would be chosen among the population to elect the one that will eventually have to lead it to end the war, or even if one should even hold that power, as opposed to the council to just keep holding that role.

In order to prevent the ever present loligarchist from finding their way into the council, it has also been announced that there would be a extremely long and comprehensive analysis of every representative that will be put on the council. May everyone fighting for democracy rejoice along with our comrades ally of the USSR, as the end of the war seems to finally draw near!

"Eh, not like they ever succeeded in preventing us from reaching any height, even after discovering our existence. Chaos Man! Make preparation, we HAVE to get in that council."

Greeting everyone, for the second Secret Hitler game, taking place in the totally expectable and previsible aftermath of the 1st one! (I mean, everyone guessed the 'Loligarchy war' would follow Elidia's return to Russia in a world where Germany stayed democratic, right?(If you are one of the few who didn't, do not fret, for the wall of text explaining how we got there will come with the actual start))

As for a quick recap of the rule : two side will be up against one another, the fascist (in this case the loligarchist) that are outnumbered, but know each other and who win if 6 fascist policies are enacted or if they manage to get Hitler(the loli) elected Chancellor once 3 of the fascist policies passed, against the Liberal(in this case we have both liberals and communist though, but hey it's just a rp thing) that must either kill the loli (you monster), or have 5 liberal policies enacted.
Rules of Secret Hitler
The game take place using rounds, that are structured as follow:
1. Pass the Presidential Candidacy
At the beginning of a new round, the President placard to the next player, who is the new Presidential Candidate.

2. Nominate a Chancellor
The Presidential Candidate chooses a Chancellor Candidate by passing the Chancellor placard to any other eligible player. The Presidential Candidate is free to discuss Chancellor options with the table to build consensus and make it more likely the Government gets elected.
(Eligibility:The last elected President and Chancellor are “term-limited,” and ineligible to be nominated as Chancellor Candidate.)

3. Vote on the government
Once the Presidential Candidate has chosen an eligible Chancellor Candidate, players may discuss the proposed government until everyone is ready to vote. Every player, including the Candidates, votes on the proposed government. Once everyone is ready to vote, they send their vote to the GM that will reveal them all at the same time

If the vote is a tie, or if a majority of players votes no:
The vote fails. The Presidential Candidate misses this chance to be elected, and the President placard moves clockwise to the next player. The Election Tracker is advanced by
one Election.
Election Tracker: If the group rejects three governments in a row, the country is thrown into chaos. Immediately reveal the Policy on top of the Policy deck and enact it. Any power granted by this Policy is ignored, but the Election Tracker resets, and existing term-limits are forgotten. All players become eligible to hold the office of Chancellor for the next Election. If there are fewer than three tiles remaining in the Policy deck at this point, shuffle them with the Discard pile to create a new Policy deck.
Any time a new Policy tile is played face-up, the Election Tracker is reset, whether it was enacted by an elected government or enacted by the frustrated populace.

If a majority of players votes yes:
The Presidential Candidate and Chancellor Candidate become the new President and Chancellor, respectively.
If three or more Fascist Policies have been enacted already:
Ask if the new Chancellor is Hitler. If so, the game is over and the Fascists win. Otherwise, other players know for sure the Chancellor is not Hitler.

LEGISLATIVE SESSION
During the Legislative Session, the President and Chancellor work together to enact a new Policy in secret. The President draws the top three tiles from the Policy deck, looks at them in secret, and discards one tile face down into the Discard pile. The remaining two tiles go to the Chancellor, who looks in secret, discards one Policy tile face down, and enacts the remaining Policy by placing the tile face up on the corresponding track.
The president and Chancellor CANT communicate during this phase!

If the government enacted a Fascist Policy that covered up a Presidential Power, the sitting President gets to use that power. Proceed to the Executive Action.If the government enacted a Liberal Policy or a Fascist Policy that grants no Presidential Power, begin a new round with a new Election.
If the newly-enacted Fascist Policy grants a Presidential Power, the President must use it before the next round can begin. Before using a power, the President is free to discuss the issue with other players, but ultimately the President gets to decide how and when the power is used. Gameplay cannot continue until the President uses the power. Presidential Powers are used only once; they don’t stack or roll over to future turns.

As for Executive Power:
If we get 9 or 10 people, the following executive action will be enacted in order when a fascist policy pass:
1. Investigation (The president investigate someone and discover whether they are liberal of fascist, Hitler show up as fascist, not as himself)
2. Investigation
3. The president choose who the next president candidate will be (after his term is up, either elected or non elected, the presidential candidate will be the one that should have come following the usual order) Fascists win if Hitler is elected chancellor
4. The President must kill a player
5. The president must kill a player, Veto power enabled
6. Fascist win

About Veto power :
The Veto Power is a special rule that comes into effect after five Fascist Policies have been enacted. For all Legislative Sessions after the fifth Fascist Policy is enacted, the Executive branch gains a permanent new ability to discard all three Policy tiles if both the Chancellor and President agree.
The President draws three Policy tiles, discards one, and passes the remaining two to the Chancellor as usual. Then Chancellor may, instead of enacting either Policy, say “I wish to veto this agenda.” If the President consents by saying, “I agree to the veto,” both Policies are discarded and the President placard passes to the left as usual. If the President does not consent, the Chancellor must enact a Policyas normal.
Each use of the Veto Power represents an inactive government and advances the Election Tracker by one.

Finally, as a precision : The fascists know each other, and also know who is Hitler, however Hitler doesn't know who his allies are.

We have a limit on 10 people registering, so go on, and quickly book your place!

1. Arraxis, Only Sane Kitsune
2. Geocorn, fascist wannabe
3. Charles, the number
4. Elvis Chaos Man, right hand of the Order of the Loligarchists
5. Meliran, representative of the minor parties
6. Verthand, sensible loligarchist
7. Wild mergew
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 06:53:14 am by WeAreTheMeta »

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Geocorn

Re: Secret Hitler 2 : News flash, representatives to be chosen!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 05:13:53 pm »
sounds fun to pretend to be in a world where fascism exists!

Tenkay

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 05:54:05 pm »
count me in

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 07:32:55 pm »
* Elvis Strunk quietly signs up for the Loligarchy.

Chaos Man rides again!

...what do you mean, I’m guaranteed to die?

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 08:07:48 pm »
I'm in. Being a loli is not a good system of government.

Offline Meliran

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 08:16:20 pm »
*Signs up for the faction that mandates everyone have freckles*

Offline Verthand

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 07:16:43 pm »
Never played this but sign me up!

Fascists wins when the loli becomes chancellor? Thats so unfair, who would NOT vote on a loli to rule the country?

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 10:55:29 pm »
I wouldn't. It's a horrible system of government. I don't even know their policies!

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 11:00:21 pm »
what does the loli party stand for?

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 12:26:54 am »
what does the loli party stand for?

The loligarchist are the illuminatis that uses the war started by the USSR after Elidia's return at the end of the first SH to push their agenda. As I said, the whole backstory will come for those interested, had fun writing it

Offline mrgw4

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 05:28:26 am »
I wouldn't. It's a horrible system of government. I don't even know their policies!

I mean, still a better option than trump. :P

Gew may join depending on whether he enjoys the secret Hitler he's playing tomorrow with friends. ::)
yes everything I say can and will have a typo in it.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 06:23:12 am »
We don't know it's not Loli Trump!

Offline Pal

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 06:34:59 am »
Hmm...

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline mrgw4

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 11:25:58 pm »
Made 2 people rage quit for not 'playing the game right.' *puts on shades* Lets see how you handle the wild men gew! 8)
yes everything I say can and will have a typo in it.

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 09:59:26 pm »
Well, doesn't look like we'll get more people. Will create the thread tomorrow, along with the modification since it'll be a 7 player game