Author Topic: Neko Mod  (Read 12958 times)

Offline Commander Zaelthul

Re: Neko Mod
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2014, 08:57:35 am »
[...] without damaging the integrity of the video.

That's exactly what doesn't seem possible. Cutting out unnecessary audio and subtitles only gets you that far before video quality suffers. What's the point of 720p if it looks like it is a record made with an old mobile phone camera? (Warning: Post contains exaggeration)
I suppose so, my thinking is too high up in the sky.
Either ways I could just play around with various formats and different ways to make the file smaller.
The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 01:58:11 pm »
Gorchnik says the real question is, why do we care?  Aside from the "sloppy" aspect of having unnecessary "junk" to inflate the file size, disk space is so darn cheap nowadays it doesn't really bother Gorchnik at all.

Four 2TB drives plus another two just sitting in storage here waiting to be used.  And of those four, only one of them is "filled" and by that I mean just a little over 26% space still left on it.

And that's still not including the SSD which many people are taking advantage of now for their OS, editing programs, and for some even games.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 06:34:32 pm »
I feel like a relic with the only storage I have is my internal drive at 500gb. It lives in flux between 50 and 100gb free.

Offline The Loli Assassin

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2014, 08:03:36 pm »
I'm sitting on three 1.5 (1.36 usable) TB drives, of which two are full (26.7 GB and 40.8 GB free) and one which is slightly less full (81.7 GB free). Don't ask me how it happened, but it all happened after I started watching anime.
"A large [enemy] fleet has been [detected]. They are fifteen miles away and headed in our direction. They are believed to have four battleships, eight cruisers, and a number of destroyers. This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can." - Ernest E. Evans, Commander, USS Johnston (DD-557)

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2014, 11:08:49 pm »
I generally stream cruncyroll when I can, and shows that aren't region available, I delete after watching. Keeps space free.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 05:05:42 am »
Whoa, slow down everyone! Let me get in on this and end this discussion.

1) You're file estimates are OFF! I have roughly 90 animes on my HD and still have more to get from a friend. And that is not including the Anime Movies I have, and the number of seasons with each anime. Most have 1 or 2.

2) A few of the file sizes are VERY LARGE! I enjoy quality, and I have downloaded 1080p quality subbed anime. The result of those high quality files is at least 30 GB per anime series. My largest is 36.9 GB and that's Mouretsu Pirates. Each episode is 1.29 GB. The Strike Witches series is 30.3 GB alone.

3) I REFUSE to delete any of it because I do enjoy re-watching them every once in a while (cough cough Strike Witches for a 3rd time). Also, they are great for showing to other friends and spreading them around.

4) I will not purchase a Crunchyroll or Netflix acct. because I have other things that I could more productively spend my money on.

I enjoy quality work, and the ideas and passions behind projects.

So, that ends that side conversation on this mod post. Now, I have an announcement...if you haven't already seen it on the forums page for Mods...
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Bostonblows

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 03:57:54 am »
Wait, why do I have to explain myself!?

Because no one has a love/hate relationship with anything without an interesting story to share.

Please, do go on.....
Unfortunately for you, that story is a tale that'll be kept to myself.

So incredibly disappointed that you didn't take advantage of that great pun opportunity..

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 06:54:48 am »
Wait, why do I have to explain myself!?

Because no one has a love/hate relationship with anything without an interesting story to share.

Please, do go on.....
Unfortunately for you, that story is a tale that'll be kept to myself.

So incredibly disappointed that you didn't take advantage of that great pun opportunity..

Oh my god. I didn't notice that. Now I feel bad. I normally don't read things outloud inside my head so I normally don't pick up on puns when they're written down.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 01:12:32 pm »
Much love. Such space. Wow

This minion is already Gorchnik's new favorite.

117 Guests, 0 Users