Author Topic: AdEva: Wahrheit  (Read 18908 times)

Offline Deeox2

Re: AdEva: Wahrheit
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2018, 05:50:49 am »
1: Wait for the Angel to enter the trap and ‘cast’ Containment.

You follow the plan as laid out during the flight. As Gerard put it, “Bake ‘em, trap ‘em, attack ‘em.” At least you think that was Gerard… You really don’t pay that much attention to the man. Mops… changing his hair colour… Butt of every joke… You shake the thought.

You focus yourself, clenching your fist around your soul and dragging it out from yourself. Cassiel approaches, it’s Core located where the necks of all the heads meet. You need to hold it in place so the rest of your team can smash that to pieces. Easier said than done, just like always. Finally, it makes itself a beachhead, slithering through the sand and grass before falling right into the carefully laid trap. Yuki and Phillip move to engage. You pull your soul in conjunction with Ragnarok, forming a mesh of AT Field that you fling over Cassiel. Anatoly hits the detonator. The grenades jump up like bouncing betties and explode, sending bakelite all over Cassiel. Your AT Field wraps around Cassiel and holds it in place.

Phillip’s hammer smashes into it’s AT Field, and violent waves rebound across it. Yuki jumps forward, digging both her knives into it. They burn white hot as the Progressive technology tries to break through. You hear a laugh as Takumi emerges from behind Cassiel, water dripping off of his Eva as he slams a new set of fuses into his Positron Rifle and starts firing into Cassiel’s back.

“GPC registering full charge. Get out of the way,” Elidia says. Phillip and Yuki back off and Takumi ducks as a blinding blue flash of light smashes into the Angel. Dust goes everywhere, obscuring everyone’s vision.

Do we have visual confirmation of elimination?” Azami asks. “Yuki, Phillip, Takumi?

The smoke clears and instead of a dead Angel, the team is met with the seared face of an angry serpent, with its two brothers equally mad, but generally uninjured. One snaps at Phillip and Digit, ripping the metal plating from his arm. “It’s still alive! Téigh trasna ort féin!

Bakelite cracks and gives way, but you hold on, clamping down even harder as you restrain Cassiel’s attempts to harm your team. It tries to bite at Yuki but you pull it back. One of its heads open and fires a beam of energy at Anatoly, clipping him in the shoulder. He doesn’t say anything, but it looks like it hurt.

Azami speaks again. “Fall back. Elidia, fire again as soon as possible.” One of the data screens in Ragnarok flicks to a new channel where a battlemap has been uploaded by NERV Command. Numerous dots appear as Azami sets down waypoints. Obviously, you need to get there, but the happening between now and then is up to you. Containment will slow down Cassiel if it tries to go after anyone else that isn't you.

1: Clamp down on your Containment AT Power. Let everyone else get to safety and then lay down covering fire for you.
2: Stop with Containment and ‘cast’ Teleforce Blast. Maybe it’ll cripple or slow Cassiel down enough for everyone to retreat at once.
3: Get Anatoly to douse Cassiel in another burst of Bakelite. Maybe it’ll slow Cassiel down enough for everyone to retreat at once.
4: Get Takumi to distract Cassiel so you have a moment to drop Containment and run. Maybe it'll be enough for both of you to make it.
5: Just run.
Or… Something else?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:55:26 am by Deeox2 »

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2018, 05:56:27 am »
2: Stop with Containment and ‘cast’ Teleforce Blast. Maybe it’s cripple or slow Cassiel down enough for everyone to retreat at once.

Should be able to do that quick and then begin our fallback as per Azami's orders, who is apparently the leader in this universe.

Offline Merne23

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2018, 06:05:22 am »
Aza-chan has always been Squad Leader. Yuki's more... Friendly Face.

1. It works, rite~

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA.  Elvis Strunk [Feb05, 2018, 01:31am]:   "Two Pilots and all the Eva just died." "Oh. ****." Revontulet [Feb05, 2018, 04:11pm]: That KOTATSU be miiine Deeox2 [Feb28, 18,12:53am]: I'm gonna give Bea a dong.
Choice Music: https://youtu.be/n55QVlBoDxI  https://youtu.be/PLEQGywWbV0  https://youtu.be/0-8gwx71B0U  https://youtu.be/VhGp8Id0HRU

Offline Deeox2

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2018, 06:19:14 am »
who is apparently the leader in this universe.

Aza-chan has always been Squad Leader. Yuki's more... Friendly Face.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2018, 06:50:40 am »
I'm just teasing :P. Honestly, if Yuki took the Leader trait, she'd probably be fine with having someone like Azami as tactical leader or something.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2018, 07:00:30 am »
I’m between 1 and 2 right now. Gonna go with 1 at the moment, because SACRIFICE

But I’ll switch to 2 if it’s necessary.

I just worry we won’t be able to damage it enough to get everyone away, and we’ll lose our containment at the same time, but I could just be paranoid.

Offline Jynx

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2018, 08:03:40 am »

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2018, 12:48:19 pm »
1. as well~
Deeox2 [Feb 14, 2018, 08:33:51 pm]:   I KNOW WHAT SEX IS
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.
https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2018, 02:43:29 pm »
Maybe I should just default to whatever Jynx votes for.  He's the authority after all...

Offline Jynx

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2018, 03:25:53 pm »
Maybe I should just default to whatever Jynx votes for.  He's the authority after all...

Err... I think that's kinda not the point of the game...

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2018, 08:23:27 pm »
QUICK! Everyone do what Jynx does!

Offline Deeox2

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2018, 08:39:59 pm »
1: Clamp down on your Containment AT Power. Let everyone else get to safety and then lay down covering fire for you.

You dig in your boots, strengthening your hold on the Angel. Anatoly places his hand on your shoulder and then runs off toward his waypoint. Phillip and Yuki run as well, Cassiel snapping at their heels. Takumi runs and one of Cassiel’s heads once again rears back to fire a blast of energy. Containment bends the beam as it leaves Cassiel’s mouth, and the beam flies out into the distance of Japan’s sea.

Both Yuki and Takumi fire behind themselves as they run, Positrons and Progressive flechettes occasionally hitting their target. You stay in place and Cassiel finally takes its only possible action, moving toward you. It drags itself through the sand and grass, climbing up the rocky cliff face toward your position. You watch as the blips of your teammates steadily reach their waypoints… and then drop Containment.

You run. Flechettes and Positrons fly by you as your teammates open fire. Anatoly loads in a set of explosive shells and explosions begin to sound behind you. What you do not hear is the beam of energy that tears through your leg. The plug floods with sedatives as you scream in agony, dropping to the forest floor. Cassiel makes it way through the gunfire toward you, rearing its head to strike your helpless Eva.

Yuki yells out in panic. “Steiner! Quick, Phillip!

Phillip immediately breaks formation, bringing his hammer to bear. He slams it down on the head just before it can attack. Bone and blood splashes everywhere, but he doesn’t relent. He drops the hammer and practically tackles the Angel. He clamps one head between the crook of one of his arms and grabs another head by the neck right before it can snap at him. He pins the last head between his Eva’s foot. With all of his limbs engaged in something, it doesn’t look like he’ll be able to move without being injured.

“No clear shot,” Elidia says. “A-4X1 is completely obscuring the Angel.”

Yeah, I don’t wanna hit Phirru, Aza,” Takumi says. There is no way Phillip will be able to dodge one of Anatoly's shaped charge explosives either.

"Don't worry, Steiner! I'll get you out of there!" Yuki bounds after Phillip and grabs onto your arms. She begins to drag you out of the way and to some semblance of safety.

1: Get Yuki to help Phillip instead. You’re not that important and everyone needs a clear shot!
2: ‘Cast’ Teleforce Blast at Cassiel! The Angel needs to go down immediately! Phillip will understand if he gets hit.
3: Let Yuki drag you out of the way. You’re just dead weight here.
Or… Something else?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:51:27 am by Deeox2 »

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2018, 10:24:09 pm »
Hmmm...channeling my bdst Steiny...Ill say, 3.
Deeox2 [Feb 14, 2018, 08:33:51 pm]:   I KNOW WHAT SEX IS
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.
https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2018, 10:39:54 pm »
Plan A failed time to NUKE EVERYTHING

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2018, 01:28:58 am »
1!

100 Guests, 0 Users