Author Topic: Video Game Sales Topic  (Read 117865 times)

Offline Elvis Strunk

Re: Video Game Sales Topic
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 01:29:08 am »
I'm fairly certain you'll be able to activate it properly. You might not get a second copy of whatever you already own, but you should get everything else.

Offline Commander Zaelthul

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 05:44:59 am »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/

Bioshock: Infinite 67% off on Steam ($9.89)

Neat, I was waiting for that.

Time to see what all the hype is about.

game is okay but not too spectacular, really. it's enjoyable but the story is fairly heavy handed and the combat has been done better. it does redefine the term 'on rails shooter' :)
Everytime I think of "On-rails shooter", this game always appears in my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziRD5dIezYM
Still one of the greatest games on the Wii as well as the most charming games ever.
By charming I mean pure 80s exploitation.
The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 07:23:42 am »
Due to my addiction to crusader kings, I'm waiting for the dlc and europa universalis IV to go on sale. Annoyingly, the complete collection is on sale on humble for cheaper than even half the dlc cost but I don't know if you can even get a complete collection if you have the game.

Anyone know how this works?

in the past I've bought complete sets before while already having parts, like with dragon age. I now have both seperately listed in my library... steam actually considers them separate games.
I'm sure there won't be any issues though. if you buy that complete collection and steam screws up somehow I'm sure support can help you with that, but I'm convinced it should pose no problem.
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline MasterFail

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 08:20:32 am »
Due to my addiction to crusader kings, I'm waiting for the dlc and europa universalis IV to go on sale. Annoyingly, the complete collection is on sale on humble for cheaper than even half the dlc cost but I don't know if you can even get a complete collection if you have the game.

Anyone know how this works?

My experience differs from Vaendryl's there. Bundles I bought which contained duplicates of games I already owned just added the missing ones. If there is any new DLC of an already owned game included, it just gets installed on top of the existing installation.

Maybe the behaviour depends on the game and how the developer publishes it? "Normal" steam-style distribution vs. completely different steam application IDs for bundle?

It's probably safe to say that you won't lose anything, tough. And if you do, there is always Steam Support to sort that stuff out.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2014, 10:08:10 pm »
Well it turns out it was a one day sale so I missed it. Never mind. Thanks for the help though. I'll apply the knolwdge next time something like this comes up.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 01:17:44 am »
Well it turns out it was a one day sale so I missed it. Never mind. Thanks for the help though. I'll apply the knolwdge next time something like this comes up.

Don't worry come Summer sale time most game series will go on sale 3-4 times before the sale is over for 75% off or more.

Offline Commander Zaelthul

The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 09:22:50 pm »
Humble bundle is having Humble Daily Bundle. Different bundle everyday for fourteen days. Today's bundle is Deep Silver Bundle.

Offline MasterFail

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 09:46:35 pm »
Humble bundle is having Humble Daily Bundle. Different bundle everyday for fourteen days. Today's bundle is Deep Silver Bundle.

At first, I thought "now they have gone completely insane". Then I realized this bundle is exactly the same as a previous one. I assume this will be the case for the other bundles, too. We'll see. Maybe there is one I missed that will make a comeback? ^^

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 11:22:02 pm »
Yeah, this is just a re-bundle. There is abig posibilities that older bundles make a comeback.

Offline The Loli Assassin

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 08:05:47 pm »
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11732/

Supreme Commander Gold on sale for $5. But only for another 20 hours or so.
"A large [enemy] fleet has been [detected]. They are fifteen miles away and headed in our direction. They are believed to have four battleships, eight cruisers, and a number of destroyers. This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can." - Ernest E. Evans, Commander, USS Johnston (DD-557)

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 06:19:57 pm »
Looks like there's a pretty good sale at Newegg right now. All kinds of cheap 2K and Aspyr stuff going for rather low prices. Also, according to my sources, you can lower the prices even more using the code EMCPEHW232. Sale will be running for around a week.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=PPSSIMUYLETYTJ&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=4238077&SID=skim7917X667306X1368ab68d25ba7b103ea128287b72d40

Yay for long URLs.

Offline MasterFail

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 07:00:38 pm »

The CK2 collection is on sale again in the humble store. Word of warning tough: it does NOT contain every DLC. The 3 or 4 newest gameplay DLCs are missing.

Edit: And now there is a daily bundle too, also including CK1. Seems to be their new favorite game. :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:37:51 pm by MasterFail »

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 03:21:57 am »
Looks like there's a pretty good sale at Newegg right now. All kinds of cheap 2K and Aspyr stuff going for rather low prices. Also, according to my sources, you can lower the prices even more using the code EMCPEHW232. Sale will be running for around a week.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=PPSSIMUYLETYTJ&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=4238077&SID=skim7917X667306X1368ab68d25ba7b103ea128287b72d40

Yay for long URLs.

A shame they don't ship outside US. I could get computer parts quite cheaply from them sometimes.

The CK2 collection is on sale again in the humble store. Word of warning tough: it does NOT contain every DLC. The 3 or 4 newest gameplay DLCs are missing.

Edit: And now there is a daily bundle too, also including CK1. Seems to be their new favorite game. :D

I managed to unaddict myself from that game. As long as I don't start it up again, I wont spend the next 50hrs of my life playing it.
The dlc I wanted the most was the old gods one and the different skins for different regions. I would want all of those included if I was to get it.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 01:12:34 pm »

Yay for long URLs.

Gorchnik says you know you could have just done this right?

Remember kids, a clean post is a happy post!

114 Guests, 1 User