Author Topic: Fire Emblem  (Read 218682 times)

Offline Elvis Strunk

Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 03:50:05 pm »
Are a lot of people here playing in Hard and Lunatic (except for our Lord, which of course does it and finds it easy)? You have my respect. I played FE for the first time when I was eleven. When I realized that after Erks HP went to zero, he simply dissapeared, not even a dialogue saying he was hurt like in Lyn's story, it really shocked me. I started playing very cautiously since then, but this resulted in overusing the Jeigan, and etc. I only stopped stucking by Radiant Dawn. Even now I have a slight panic of hard mode by fear of losing one unit (despite breezing in Awakening's normal without even thinking).
It depends on the game, for me. I mostly play FE7 on Normal, though I know I could probably beat the higher difficulties easily. FE8 I play on Hard, though that's not saying much. Awakening I'll play on any difficulty as except Lunatic Plus, because no. Lunatic on FE12 gives me a much harder time than Lunatic on FE13, for some reason. I started playing Path of Radiance recently on Normal, but it got so boring half way through, I basically lost interest. I play to start over on Hard at some point in the future.

I remember playing Path of Radiance once with a friend who had never played any Fire Emblem games before. Every battle, we'd switch who was in control. We each got to pick a couple characters that couldn't die, or either player would restart. Other than that, everyone was fair game. I remember we also agreed to keep Rhys alive, as he was our only healer. We must have restarted twenty times for that guy.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »
Yeah the + or star difficulty on DS,3DS series force you to use ranged units. Reduces fun.
Ill rather have enemy with twice stat than to break the law of the game.

Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 12:43:21 am »
Gorchnik really feels bad for people who started with Fire Emblem 7.  Even on Hard mode it is so easy compared to previous Fire Emblems.  Not just because of the new GBA enhancements, but really and truly Intelligent Systems toned down so much.  Awakening's legendary mode will give you a decent run for its money but it doesn't come close to some of the older installment's chapters.

Of course more difficult doesn't necessarily mean better.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 01:23:10 am »
Gorchnik really feels bad for people who started with Fire Emblem 7.  Even on Hard mode it is so easy compared to previous Fire Emblems.  Not just because of the new GBA enhancements, but really and truly Intelligent Systems toned down so much.  Awakening's legendary mode will give you a decent run for its money but it doesn't come close to some of the older installment's chapters.

its cuz hector is op. Also that enemy becoming ally has the hard difficulty bonus stat so they are amazingly strong.
Also you don't need to train mage cuz sage you get later is stronger then elk at same level. (tatstafflevel) and etc adds up.
I think not having to use Eliwood as the main is best benefit.

I still found it harder then 8 cuz u have to farm with Colosseum not zombies :D
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 07:56:18 am »
I still found it harder then 8 cuz u have to farm with Colosseum not zombies :D

Everything (even normal Awakening) is harder than 8

Actually, this I think that proves that I have a little trauma with dificulty on FE. I could manage FE 4 without that much difficulty, and FE 11, which on normal was only slightly easier than FE 1 also did not gave me much problems. But the idea of returning to FE 7 again and trying it in Hector mode, it is slightly frightening. I always prefered Eliwood to Hector

It is a shame that Nintendo hasn't released the game on virtual console, because my cartridge somehow broke.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 08:00:36 am »
the idea of returning to FE 7 again and trying it in Hector mode, it is slightly frightening. I always prefered Eliwood to Hector
Strangely enough, I can agree with all of this. I can beat Hard 5 in Shadow Dragon, and Lunatic in Awakening, yet HHM scares the pants off me. It's possibly because I screw up a lot and don't want to watch my favorite characters die over and over, but even that doesn't fully explain it.

Also, Eliwood for the win.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 10:57:52 am »
Hmm. I liked hector the most in FE 7. Elwood just seemed too perfect princey for me.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2014, 12:29:30 pm »
Hmm. I liked hector the most in FE 7. Elwood just seemed too perfect princey for me.

Not seem, he is. He cant even use his legendary sword that 70% of time he lacks stat and dragon 1 turn kills him in combat.
eliwood's legendary wep was supposed to be for lyn
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 04:02:09 am »
Hector does indeed trump all the others. Lyn wasn't that bad either but most people hate her for the forced tutorial BS. Eliwood was just crap.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 04:06:56 am »
Lyn's section of the game was actually my favorite, tutorial or no tutorial. Storywise, that's where everything felt best, to me. No dragons or demons coming to destroy the world. No armies of fifty units to choose from and command. Just a small, ragtag group, setting out to right a wrong and save a few precious people. I know full well that I'm vastly in the minority here, but alas, some things cannot be helped.

Also, including Lucina, Lyn is still my favorite female Lord in the series.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2014, 04:26:01 am »
Lyn's section of the game was actually my favorite, tutorial or no tutorial. Storywise, that's where everything felt best, to me. No dragons or demons coming to destroy the world. No armies of fifty units to choose from and command. Just a small, ragtag group, setting out to right a wrong and save a few precious people. I know full well that I'm vastly in the minority here, but alas, some things cannot be helped.

Also, including Lucina, Lyn is still my favorite female Lord in the series.

I remember first time I played fire emblem, I did not know english nor clue of how this game works.

lyn was all by her self until chapter 4 when I realized that dead people don't come back.
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2014, 05:31:31 am »
Wind across the plains. Their are no words that being more nostalgia than those.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2014, 07:12:05 am »

Actually, this was the reason I liked Eliwood, because it was a perfect princey but done right. While he was naive, he was mature enogh to realize it, and he didn't have the inexperience and immatureness of the typical FE lord. He was very different from your typical Marth clone. Furthermore, he was a looot better than Roy, who's only unique feature was that he could hook up with 6 woman. And Seliph owes a lot to his father and mother, by himself he was little more than a Marth's clone. Until Ike and Ephraim I think that none of the FE lords reached this point of being both a complex character and their archetype that really makes the characteritzation stand up. Hector was fun, but was a doofus, and Lyn was good too, but also slightly simple (I would have liked her staying at Calein, it would have made good character development). Leaf's was very good too, but the point of his game was precisely his character development from a standard immature and idealist hero to a Wise Prince, so it wasn't really complex.

Wind across the plains. Their are no words that being more nostalgia than those.
Ughh, the nostalgia is killing me...
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2014, 04:56:34 pm »
http://s29.postimg.org/c5cawjs2f/077d63cb7a4f44aa19940ae1516013b5.gif

Thx pixiv.

This came out before Lucina / Robin trailer.
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2014, 09:18:53 pm »
http://s29.postimg.org/c5cawjs2f/077d63cb7a4f44aa19940ae1516013b5.gif

Thx pixiv.

This came out before Lucina / Robin trailer.

Truth be told, Gorchnik is surprised someone hasn't used that Hiter-rant scene for the new Smash Bros roster upsets yet.

130 Guests, 0 Users