Author Topic: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread  (Read 171319 times)

Offline Endershadow

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #465 on: January 19, 2015, 02:46:32 pm »
Just thought I'd post this here for anyone who didn't know. We are awesome. 8)

Yay!

On a not so happy note, my responses on this thread may slow down for the time being.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2015, 11:21:59 pm »
I have exams on a week so thanks to my slacking off habits I'm likely to be stressed out and will be even slower with responses as well. My apologies.  :(

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

« Reply #467 on: January 23, 2015, 07:06:32 am »
Well this is a shame... What am I gonna do about this now? Astral is still within the Trinacrian Empire. I already have multiple scenarios ready in case this happens though. But still, it would have been interesting to see WL2's & Asaga's reaction, & maybe Sola as well, lol.

Hope you guys get back soon. In the meantime I'll try to figure something out.

Things could start speeding up again. I was hoping Astral could move on his journey once more by the time we reach the start of chapter 4. Let's see what I can do about this... :P

Good luck with your exams WL2. And good luck to Ender as well.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:44:29 am by Astral_Raider »
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #468 on: January 23, 2015, 12:43:39 pm »
Hey everyone! I guess we're all busy in our respective lives. Just PM me whenever you guys are ready and I can repost the EX mission when we're prepared.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #469 on: January 27, 2015, 04:57:04 am »
We will get the thread back up and running on Saturday, I guess. PM me if you have any problems with this. Otherwise, the show must go on!
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline deComposer

« Reply #470 on: January 27, 2015, 10:52:54 pm »
Hello, heard from endershadow that you guys needed a composer for ADF...

New, probably much more functional links :) . Some samples of my previous stuff:

Track 1 - In Pursuit of Dreams

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/8m8bidb1bxa89ql/Track_1.mp3

Track 2 - Video Game Trailer

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/95zka1x73o6u7vl/Track_2.mp3

Track 3 - Hatsune Miku w/ orchestra (commissioned by Pony Canyon Japan)

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/m20skmf3aya1dcj/Track_3.mp3

Track 4 - The Awkward Desert (new)

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/v10y6cl775cl1bh/Track_4.mp3
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:39:00 am by deComposer »
Trombones always win.

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #471 on: January 28, 2015, 06:20:20 pm »

New, probably much more functional links :) . Some samples of my previous stuff:

I think those are really good. I like the 1st one the most.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

« Reply #472 on: January 28, 2015, 08:45:45 pm »

I like all of them, especially the first one. I think that one is a really nice piece.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline deComposer

« Reply #473 on: January 29, 2015, 08:34:14 pm »
I like all of them, especially the first one. I think that one is a really nice piece.

I think those are really good. I like the 1st one the most.

Thanks  ;D

Looking forward to making some music for ADF soon!

Edit: Although I do hope to be part of this, I cannot guarantee that I can write music for this due to other commercial projects in the upcoming months :/ , only time will tell. Sorry!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:01:51 pm by deComposer »
Trombones always win.

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

« Reply #474 on: January 29, 2015, 11:48:03 pm »
Okay, since the thread has been inactive for a while I thought I'll just add an extra episode here. It shows how Cosette is doing & about her new warmech, also a little glimpse about what Astral is doing & what he's looking for. I need to write before I get rusty, my head's been a bit of a mess recently & I have plenty of new scenarios which I'd love to write. Lately all I've been doing is checking my older posts, fixing typos, time flow & fixing a bit of misinformation or missing holes to match it with the others, which feels very repetitive & monotone, I need to refresh. So without further ado, please enjoy this small interlude presented by yours truly.

===================================================================================
Extra Episode: Motion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Astral Expanse [Uncharted Space], Void Armada, Skylla's Command Ship [VCS Celestial Raider]
Time: 2 days after Astral arrived on Trinacria Prime

Cosette walked through the hallways of the Command ship. She has been staying with them for over 2 months, & in these 2 months she learned about many things about the Reapers & Cyberlons. They were not how others would describe them. They were surprisingly civil, & are actually very tolerating. When she first came aboard, most of them choose to simply ignore her & would only talk to her if it was of importance, then they would leave. But so far she has never encountered any one of them that treated her poorly, no scratch that, there was not even one that looked at her poorly. If they had nothing important to say, they will stay silent, & they won't stare at her for more than 1 second. However, as time passes, others are slowly willing to make small talk with her, associate with her. Even the Cyberlons who were supposed to despise humans gradually warmed up to her. It seems they have seen her as different from the rest, or maybe she has proven herself trustworthy, or maybe it was a combination of the two. She didn't care, all she cared was that now she actually felt... somewhat welcomed. She even made a small friendship with the bartender in which she often frequents. She never though she could associate with aliens, but now she felt like it's normal.

She looks out at the "window" which was actually a 4D projection of the outside on a 100 m thick armor along with more layers beyond that made from unknown material. At first, Cosette didn't understand why they would go so far in their defenses. But after seeing what they have to deal with, a glimpse of their past in the history records, the war with the Ryuvians, she finally understands. They were just desperate to protect their homes & allies. This was all basic information, but information nonetheless. Cosette was anticipating to return, he has a lot to tell to the ADF. But at the same time, she hesitated on telling some of the information, particularly regarding their military. The Reapers & Cyberlons, they saved her, treated her as an actual equal, even gave her everything she would need & more. Even if the information about their military & fighting capabilities were all mundane information, she felt like she would betray her saviors. When she learned how harsh life has been to not only them, but the entire Void along with their allies of 3 other different races was, she just couldn't bear to put them in any more danger. She trusted Whalecow, she trusted him with her life. She also trusted the others, but she was still hesitating. But one thing is for sure, the Reapers & Cyberlons are extremely cautious about their own tech, knowledge & race, to the point where it was beyond paranoia in Cosette's book, even if Reapers & Cyberlons can't feel fear. It seems they really despise thieves to such an extent. It seems that not being able to feel or understand fear has also made them think of every possible scenario & made a counter for them. She shivered at the though, an entire race that is absolutely fearless. The Reapers & Cyberlons are so different from humans, even when the Reapers & several of the Cyberlons look like them. Cosette learned that they have an "incomplete" sets of emotion, she doesn't know if this is a good thing or a bad one, but they don't have some of the emotions that humans have. Her thoughts swirls, she needs to tell this to Whalecow if he ever hopes of making peace, or at least avoid conflict, with the Void. She remembered what she saw at the banquet, Whalecow & Ender was at least able to talk with them in civil manner. What Spy & KTKM did was beyond stupid in her view. Her thoughts drifts to a more negative direction after that, thinking about what will become of the future now that the prototypes are also loose.

Cosette: (shakes her head) No. Come on Cosette, pull it together. This isn't like you dammit... *sigh*... It won't be long now before I can go back... Skylla told me that there won't be much else for me to do & I'll be free... I wonder how the other's are doing? Heh, they probably think I'm dead. Wait, what if they forget me... (shakes her head again) ARG! What is it with these negative thoughts! I'm talking about Whalecow here. *sigh* Enough... Let's stop these negative thoughts. I can worry about these things later. (her comms receives a call)
Skylla: [comms] Cosette, if you're free right now, head to the hangars. I need to introduce you to your new partner.
Cosette: Partner... ah, you mentioned that yesterday. But, why the hangars.
Skylla: [comms] You'll find out soon enough. Just come to the hangars if you're free.
Cosette: I got nothing to do right now. I'll come over right away.
Skylla: [comms] Roger that. (comms go silent)
Cosette: Well, looks like I know what I'm doing today... Let's see this new "partner"...

With that, Cosette makes her way to the hangars. Skylla will be waiting there along with BladeWolf. It's time for Cosette to meet this new "partner" of hers. When she gets to the hangars, she was in for a huge surprise...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Skylla's Command Ship [VCS Celestial Raider], Hangars

Cosette walks into the hangars. After visiting the place several times, she noticed that each dock is extremely well protected & located far away from the 100 m thick multi-layered hangar doors. Everything the Void Faction designs always ensures maximum protection, Cosette was very impressed. She walked towards Skylla who was waiting with BladeWolf. There were dozens of Reapers & Cyberlons working in the hangars, she greeted some who she passed by who returned her greeting before going back to work. She approached Skylla & BladeWolf, standing at one of the docks, which contains a different vessel, there were also several others lined up.

Skylla: Cosette, you're here.
BladeWolf: Greetings Cosette.
Cosette: Hey... (looks at the dock, she becomes speechless) ..........
Skylla: (smiles a bit) Well, I guess you can already see. This here is your new partner, also your personal unit.
BladeWolf: This unit can operate under any condition. She is made fully out of pure Exa-Genium, just like the rest of us & most of our creations. She has Void Shields integrated into her, the same on all of us & our ships, able to absorb any type of damage & cannot be penetrated by any means until. The armor will not receive even scratch damage so long as the shields are not depleted. Her armaments consists of 2 shoulder mounted 3-linked 10 barreled 40mm caliber vulcans that fires anti-matter rounds able to destroy any substance & energy on the atomic level at 2,000 rounds within 100 seconds each. Each of her arms are armed with 10 m long razor sharp chain blades attached to the lower arms, the blade extending from the wrist onward, the teeth spinning at 1,000 rounds per second. On top of each of her arms, integrated in, are also a 10 barreled 40mm vulcan that fires anti-matter rounds. On the torso part in the center is a void-matter cannon, capable of destroying a ryder in 1 shot if scored a direct hit, 2 shots if it is protected by full shields. The void-matter cannon can also be fired as a void matter beam if you wish. The leg parts have short blades that acts as claws for CQC. The knee have a hidden cluster cannon inside to destroy enemy armor at point blank range, & can also be used from a distance. Void-matter missiles can be fired from the hidden revolver missile launchers located on the both sides of the arms, & also from the hidden launchers on the hips. The missiles materializes upon firing, & will not explode even if shot when it is still inside the warmech's body. The same goes for all armaments. You have a selection of Cluster Missiles, QM Missiles, & Extermination Missiles. The body have a main core & 3 sub-cores, each sub-core giving either offensive energy for all weapons, defensive energy for shields & repairing the armor & body, & the last giving energy for all sensory & system functions along with life preservation & support. The main core gives "life" to the body. Worry not, the cores are inside the body, but not inside the body. It is in a dimension of its own & cannot be touched by any means. If the body falls apart from too much damage, you have a choice of either disintegrating the cores or set it to explode & take down all enemies within a 1 km radius. If you merely escape the core will take automatic measures itself to either disintegrate or explode. The cockpit is located at the center-most for maximum protection, the large sphere acting as the cockpit also able to be used as an escape pod. The escape pod will ensure your absolute safety along with her avatar. This is your new companion, her name is "Nemesis".

Cosette looks at the war mech in awe, it was 20 m tall. It kind of resembles a fully armored Reaper, but the wings are cybernetic & have 4 pairs, making it 8 straight wings that can be folded down on the back or fully deployed for flight. The wings were not like a Reaper's wings though, it was more like a cybernetic wings on an advanced power armor, it was straight unlike the Reaper's dragon-like "feathery" wings. The weapons are located as BladeWolf described. Only the blades are currently sheathed & thus not materialized, so the hands are still normal. The shoulder parts & pauldrons have the Void insignia on them, it seems she can customize the insignia as she wished. Cosette looks at the head, it has a violet visor on its helmet. The war mech was black, with violet linings. The design was both sleek & deadly. Cosette then noticed something, BladeWolf refers the war mech as a "she". Cosette decides to ask.

Cosette: BladeWolf, you said "she" for this ryder...
BladeWolf: Correct. She is female.
Cosette: I don't think ryders have genders BladeWolf. I mean, it's a giant combat mech.
BladeWolf: Correction. Nemesis is a Cyberlon.
Cosette: (baffled) .....I'm sorry, what?
Nemesis: (looks down at Cosette) [female voice] Greetings, Cosette Cosmos. I am Nemesis. I will be your combat partner from now on.
Cosette: (nearly jumps) Whoa! What the--!? (looks up at Nemesis) You're... a Cyberlon!?
Skylla: Cosette, meet Nemesis. She's a young Cyberlon, but she's talented.
Cosette: (looks at Nemesis) Uh... hi... nice to meet ya.
Nemesis: Likewise.
Skylla: You should get to know each other. She'll also be your new roommate.
Cosette: Uh, sure-- (realized what Skylla said) Wait... what!?
Skylla: (looks at Cosette) Did I say something wrong? Or is it that you don't want to have a roommate? I can arrange for a separate room if you want.
Cosette: No, that ain't the damn problem! She's a 20m tall giant Cyberlon! How is she supposed to get inside!?
Skylla: Ah, right! You haven't met her in "person".
Cosette: (dumbfounded) Huh?
BladeWolf: (looks at Nemesis) Nemesis, come out & greet Cosette in "person".
Nemesis: Affirmative.

There was a quiet sound from the unit, after several moments a young woman that looks 20, a Cyberlon, was visible walking on a platform. She then jumps down from the platform that was over 10m high, as if it's just natural. She approached Cosette. Cosette took a moment to look at the Cyberlon in front of her. She was about the same height as Luna, her long brown hair reaching her lower back. Both her ears were Cybernetic, but have a rather different shape than Reapers. Her eyes were violet, with the sclera being white, the same as a Reaper & a human, her pupils are very similar to a humans, but after close inspection it was slightly different, the pattern of the iris was a bit like a camera lens in that regard. A human would have a normal round shape with stripped irises, while a Reaper would have like a 3 sided star, in that regard, Nemesis' eyes looks similar to a human. She had wings, but it was far different from a Reaper. She had 4 pairs of cybernetic wings integrated on her back, used for flying, it has a similar shape to the war mech. Her attire was like an advanced military combat uniform, black in color with violet circuit linings, there was the bottom part of a long coat attached to the segment belt she was wearing, the pauldrons also bearing the Void's insignia. She looked at Cosette, then slightly bows in greeting.

(for those of you who are curious, I found an image that resembles Nemesis. Most is the same, including her attire which looks similar. In addition she also has the bottom part of a longcoat attached to the segment belt she was wearing. The wings however comes in 4 pairs instead of just 1 pair. Her wings also resembles the one on the war mech, so it's pretty similar in design. Her pauldrons are also rather different in design, a bit broader to the sides instead of being rather slim. It can hold 2 insignia, just like all other pauldrons, currently it only hold the Void Faction's insignia along with her rank. Here's the closest image I manage to find. Man, I really wish I could draw. :()
Spoiler
[close]

Nemesis: Greetings, Cosette. (bows slightly in greeting)
Cosette: (bows a bit awkwardly in return while being dumbfounded)
BladeWolf: This is the avatar of Nemesis. Her "main" frame.
Cosette: (looks in amazement) Whoa... Wait, you can have more than 1 body?
Nemesis: Yes. But to be more precise, it is more like that war mech is my 2nd frame. Both are a part of me, & I can control both at the same time. And although losing one will not terminate me, it is not desirable.
BladeWolf: Cyberlons can have & control more than 1 platforms depending on their abilities, the older ones tend to stick with 1 frame, & have several others as reserve & many other purposes. However, a handful of ancient & powerful Cyberlons became cybernetic entities that can take control of multiple platforms. The Void Armada being a prime example.
Cosette: Wait... you mean the ships are ALIVE!?
Skylla: Well... Sort of... The ships are operated by the crew, but when needed, the 2 ancient Cyberlons can easily take over to control the entire Armada. Another reason why it's impossible to hack into out systems. Cyberlons are alive, & they grow more powerful & intelligent as they age. Not all Cyberlons choose to have a physical body, a handful decides to just become cybernetic entities & control multiple platforms as their collective bodies.
BladeWolf: E.D.I & A.I.D.A are the ones in charge of the capital ships in the Armada. They only actively participate when the ships have no crew. Otherwise, they simply do things passively & merely handle information processing & running systems automatically. We prefer to do things manually to keep our thoughts & skills sharp. However, if needed they can easily control every single ship as if it's a part of their subconscious thought process. This will give everyone inside complete freedom to do other important tasks.
Cosette: Whoa... (looks at Nemesis) So... this is the real you?
Nemesis: Correction, both frames are the real me. Although this is my primary frame.
Cosette: Uh, okay... (looks at her) Can you also fight in this body?
Nemesis: (nods) All Cyberlons' primary function is hunting, combat, survival, & information mastery. Other functions are secondary. My armaments are similar to my second frame. I also have my own armor integrated within me in the form of cybernetic data, which can be materialized at will.
Skylla: (smiles) Nemesis will be able to fight with you anywhere, be it in space or for planetary surface battles. She, as a unit can operate on any condition, even on the planet's surface should you need it.
Cosette: Well, that'll be useful. (looks at Nemesis)
Nemesis: I will be in your care.
Cosette: (nods) Right. I'll be counting on you as well then.
Skylla: You can start your training tomorrow. The controls are different from what you're used to, but you will find them to be more attuned once you get used to them. However be warned that the controls are far harder than the ryders you're used to piloting, you will find great difficulty in controlling it from the start since it also requires your thought process to operate. Nemesis has configured the controls so you can at least use them, she will aid for the other processes so you can focus on the main controls. For now, feel free to check Nemesis & get to know each other. She'll be your roommate if you don't mind, but if you're against it we can also give another room to her. Though Nemesis will often be in the hangars when she's not busy. That, or at the small garden or greenhouse.

Cosette nods at that, she doesn't mind having Nemesis as a roommate, her room was really big anyway & it felt a bit hollow for a single person. She spend around 2 hours afterwards checking her new "ride" along with Nemesis explaining & answering her questions. All the while Cosette tries to get to know Nemesis better. It was a bit of a strange feeling for Cosette. After finishing up at the hangars, Cosette returns alongside Nemesis. They would work together from here on out. Though it will take time, in the near future, Cosette would see Nemesis as a reliable partner.
Well, that's my second interlude, showing Cosette's new partner & war mech, which is a part of an army division in the Void military. 8)

I was planning to show a glimpse of how Astral & Zephyr is doing as well in this post, but maybe I'll put that a bit later. That's all for now since I'm tired. I hope I didn't get rusty with my writing... Also, please excuse the info dump, I thought this will be a good opportunity to explain from Cosette's point of view, since in her intelligence test that she took, Cosette found out that she has a base IQ of 128. She never realized it because she never really went to school, being on Ongess & all that then spending life as a pirate queen. Btw, I put the info dump here so I can make the future conversation shorter when Whalecow asks what Cosette learned while she was with the Void. It'll be a bit long since there'll be many questions, but with this info dump here I can make the explanation shorter & add more scenes. ;D

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:15:11 am by Astral »

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #475 on: January 31, 2015, 10:54:59 pm »
Kay guys, I have received no PMs saying the contrary, so the time has come to move forward with the thread. I am "republishing" the EX 03 mission now. Note that this is a critique BY YOUR CHARACTERS about in-game events. Well, enjoy.

----------
EX 03- "Imperialists". Legion auditorium. Approximately one week after the Quadrivium Incident.

Video feed: ...And so, I implore YOU, no matter who you are, help us against this corruption! With our mighty ideals, and your help, we can make the galaxy better!

Whalecow: It's like looking in a mirror. Almost.

(The feed had interrupted the previously boring meeting to prepare for a mercy campaign, a series of mercy missions designed to target planets in former PACT space that had suffered heavily during the war.)

Ava: Do not compare them to us. You know what their Imperialism is about.
Whalecow: ...You're right, of course.

(He turns to the other ADF members in the room)

Whalecow: *sigh*. Before we continue with the briefing, we'd better discuss this. Opinions? Recommendations?

(The EX mission is as follows: Your characters may give their opinions of Trinacria itself or just the message, in addition to recommendations for responding to one or both. I am really interested in what your responses would be. Scoring as usual.)
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Napsy NAPS

« Reply #476 on: January 31, 2015, 11:06:31 pm »
Well, if we are re-starting I'm on it... (Even trhough I don't really know what to do with this, super short post, lol)

----
EX 03- "Imperialists". Legion auditorium.

(Spy watched the video feed while laid back on his chair... the previous meeting was really, really boring and unncessarilly long, he almost was glad for the interruption provided by the Tricarnian Empire.)

Spy: (Thinking over the message)... Hmph... That does look similar, but why are they issuing this now? Are they running out of funds? Manpower? Both?... Perhaps they only do it to gather approval... Some people could see it ass a show of weakness, but most likely they will gather supporters with it...
Lucca: (Standing behind Spy, with a serious expression) Sir, please also notice how they word the ideals part. Do you think "Our mighty ideals" refers only to those of their Empire?
Spy: (He grins, Lucca is fully awake and she does not miss a single detail) Heh. Good work, Lucca, that may also be the case... (He sighs) For the moment I say we ignore it, we have no need to clash with them over this, but if some of you feel like this really supposes a threat, which might be the case, we could try block their signal. (He gives another deep sigh) You know how I deal with these kind of situations, if their are alone, let them be, but if we find out they are working with The Alliance... I'd consider them a full fledged enemy... What do you Ladies and Gentelmen say?

-------
So yeah, that is all I have to say since, well... we did not have a lot of interaction with Tricaria yet.

Offline Admiral York Crescentia

« Reply #477 on: February 01, 2015, 07:22:12 am »
OOC: Hey guys! Admiral Crescentia here :P
Whalecow has been bugging me about joining the ADF thread for a while now....maybe not. But still, I'm here now to participate in the madness :3
I will be playing as...well...Admiral York Crescentia (duh) and his wife Chizuru Crescentia(Not her real name, just so you guys know :P) This is meant to be more of a heavily condensed version of how the two Crescentias survived the Invasion of Cera System. I can't exactly participate in the current EX mission because my chars. are not apart of the ADF.

WARNING: I'm not that good at this kind of stuff :P
=====================================================

Spoiler
Approximately 2.75 years prior to the Present. 3.38 Lightyears from Cera. Zero Hour. CSF-CVB(Battle-Carrier) Solaris

*York walks onto the bridge as Red Alert has been called by the Ship's Captain two minutes ago. He sees his wife, Chizuru on the viewscreen, who seems to have also called Red Alert*

York:...Chizuru?...*sighs* give me the short version.

Chizuru(over comms/CIBB Ashen Wing):....Transmission from the Homeworld.....Cera...and the Sunrider is under attack.

York: *He is in disbelief for a minute but then Chizuru nods and confirms the information* Crap...Talk about cliche timing. *Turns to the Ship's Captain* What's the status of the fleet?

Elisha(AKA Solaris Captain): 4th Fleet and to an extension- the Sunrider- is under attack by, what seems to be, PACT Frigates. 2nd and 3rd Fleet Flagships are not reporting enemy contact. Although, elements of all 4 fleets stationed in Ceran Homeworld space are.

York: We all knew this would happen eventually. Chizuru, what about CI?

Chizuru: Our ships are scattered all over the place, it would take some time before we're able to jump in our Fleet into the Homeworld's surrounding space.

York:....Is the rest of 1st ready to jump?

Elisha: Rest of 1st Fleet reports that their Warp drives are spooled up and awaiting orders.

York: Good...set a course for-

Elisha: Sorry to interrupt but we're getting reports of a massive PACT signature jumping into the system.....with the Legion.

Solaris Comms Officer: Sir! Incoming transmission from the Fearless...Its the Fleet Admiral....and its a distress call. Audio Only. Its pretty garbled though.

York:....Patch it through.

*The transmission is audible throughout the CIC*

Fleet Admiral:*static*..General Evacuation of the *static*..Contingency Plan....*static*....PACT....*static*...Legion....*static* Oh My God!...*static*...Firing! Evasive-

Computer: Transmission ended at Source.

*The CIC is completely silent for several minutes as the blips denoting 4th Fleet disappear with several other blips denoting elements of the other fleets as well as the Sunrider doing the same before York finally breaks the silence*

York:.....Ava.....

Elisha:.....The reports are coming in now, Sir...The entirety of 4th Fleet and some elements of 2nd and 3rd was destroyed by the PACT Fleet, No sign of the Sunrider although it sustained heavy damage and exhibited an energy signature suggesting Warp Drive use before we lost visual..Prior to the Capital's destruction, Parliament ordered the use of the Contingency Plan and a general retreat....I wish it was under better circumstances but...if the Fleet Admiral is dead then....that makes 'you'(referring to York) the acting Fleet Admiral...Sir.

York: I never thought I'd say I wasn't looking forward to that.....*sighs* Contingency Plan is in effect. Send general transmission to all Ceran vessels in the range of our comm systems to proceed. Authorization code; Lima-Foxtrot-7-9-Oscar-Bravo....Set course for the Contingency systems. Chizuru, you should order your ship and CI to do the same. Also....try to find out what happened to the Sunrider....and our Daughter.

Chizuru: I'm on it, I was hoping that you would give that order. *Her transmission cuts as she ends it*

Helm:....Sir. Course plotted.

Elisha: With all due respect, Sir, I don't think its right that we just abandon our people!

York:...What do you think we'll be able to do against a Super-Dreadnought!? They just took down the entirety of Fourth Fleet which consisted of our most powerful ships! It was designed to take down Fleets 3 times our Military's size by itself. This isn't some Role-Playing Game....we can't secure Cera if we're dead. Our plan now is to withdraw, regroup our forces and counter attack when the time is right. PACT may be led by Malevolent P.O.Ss and a pork chop but they know how to conquer systems through superior firepower...Now....Is the fleet ready to jump?

Elisha:......1st Fleet is reporting, ready to jump.

York: Start the Countdown.

Elisha: Fleet-wide jump initiate in 5...4....3....2....1...Jump.

*The Solaris,the rest of 1st Fleet disappear in a barrage of light, heading towards a safe haven where the surviving ships could 'hopefully' be...well...safe from the hunting PACT vessels. Approximately 66% of Ceran military assets were destroyed during the Invasion and subsequent 'hunt' by PACT vessels. The Command Sections of 1st-3rd Fleet have survived however. The Fleet Admiral as well as the majority of the Ceran Capital's population, including Parliament was believed to be killed. The rest of the population was "taken prisoner" by PACT.*
[close]

===============================

About the Solaris, its about...40 years old at this point and is about, just over twice the size of the Sunrider. It was originally an Alliance Flagship Carrier but then it was sold to the Cerans because the original design proved to be too vulnerable against other Capital ships. Right now it has been heavily retrofitted to become a full fledged Battle-Carrier. It does lack a Vanguard and instead is equipped with 4 "Messiah" Spinal Cannons which do have a much longer range(=~ 10 Lightseconds) than Vanguards and still relies on a Rotating Section to provide gravity although it does have a secondary "artificial grav" system similar to the Sunrider, just in case. Since it has come into Ceran Service, along with its sister ships, it has become the Flagship of the Ceran 1st Fleet.

Chizuru's ship, named the Ashen Wing...well....let's just say that it will not be participating in combat in the ADF thread, unless in self-defense, for balance reasons.

It's a bit short and perhaps a bit terrible :P Again, I'm not too good at making things up on the spot. Criticism is welcome.
Name: York Crescentia
Rank: Fleet Admiral(As of 3 Years after the Ceran Invasion)
Position: Cera Space Force/AEGIS, 1st Fleet Commanding Officer, CSFD Solaris (CN-CVDN-01)
Family Members: Chizuru Crescentia(Wife), Ava Crescentia(Daughter), Maximillian Crescentia(Brother/Deceased), Alice Henderson(Sister)

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

« Reply #478 on: February 01, 2015, 09:02:39 am »
We are definitely not running out of funds out there. But the reasons behind it are a complicated matter probably better discussed between our characters, Although my character is very bad at discussions. While his fighting prowess is fit for an emperor, he does not have implants (yet) and instead prefers to use drugs to enhance his combat potential. So it pretty much depends on how constrained his opponent would be,

Offline Napsy NAPS

« Reply #479 on: February 01, 2015, 08:37:16 am »
We are definitely not running out of funds out there. But the reasons behind it are a complicated matter probably better discussed between our characters, Although my character is very bad at discussions. While his fighting prowess is fit for an emperor, he does not have implants (yet) and instead prefers to use drugs to enhance his combat potential. So it pretty much depends on how constrained his opponent would be,

I guessed so. That was just Spy thinking, I hope you don't mind, and then again, since we haven't had a lot of relations there is no way for us to know, so it was only logical to think that...
... Also ,drugs? Seriously?... so you are also good at combat, that would make Spy want to fight you, lol.

82 Guests, 1 User