Author Topic: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread  (Read 171780 times)

Offline Admiral York Crescentia

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #495 on: February 15, 2015, 07:14:24 pm »
OOC: Okay...first actual ADF post....Here we go.

Spoiler
CSF-CVB Solaris, On the CIC, Present Day

York:.....I'm doing what?

Elisha: *Facepalms* Did you even read the report I gave you?

York: Yes.....Err....No, I haven't.

Elisha: *sighs* Okay, short version. You're supposed to go onto the Legion and interrogate one of the "Prototypes," responsible for ordering the invasion of Cera several years ago.

York: Ohhh, Yeah that report. Didn't think that was today, actually. Prep the shuttle then.

Elisha: Actually....your wife, I mean, Vice Admiral Crescentia is waiting with the Mamba in the Hangar. (The "Black Mamba" is a Corvette/Frigate sized craft used by Chizuru as her personal transport and "Blockade Runner." Typically used in situations where using the Ashen Wing would be "less than ideal")

York: When was this?

Elisha: Just now.

York: I see....Tell them I'm on my way.

*Elisha acknowledges and York goes down to the Hangar. It contains the typical 4 Squadrons of 12 Ryders each(48 Ryders total), numerous drone fighters, various support craft.....and the Black Mamba, sitting in it's own "Frigate Bay" with Chizuru waiting at the base of the loading ramp*

Chizuru: I thought you'd be right on top of this, considering who we're going to be "chatting" with later.

York: Well, cliche incoming, "You know me."

Chizuru(quietly): More than I'd like to...

*York gives Chizuru a somewhat surprised look*

Chizuru: Kidding....Kidding, come on, you 'should' know me better than that.

York: I should, Yeah. But you always end up doing something that surprises me.

Chizuru: True enough....Anyways, shall we get underway "Fleet Admiral"

York: What? Oh right, Let's go.

*After York says this, they both head inside the Mamba as the Ramp closes. The Frigate is given clearance to lift off and exits the hangar bay, heading towards the Legion*
[close]

OOC: And there we have it. It's a bit short but I can't really do much with the "mission" if I'm not on Legion at the moment :P
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:16:45 pm by Admiral York Crescentia »
Name: York Crescentia
Rank: Fleet Admiral(As of 3 Years after the Ceran Invasion)
Position: Cera Space Force/AEGIS, 1st Fleet Commanding Officer, CSFD Solaris (CN-CVDN-01)
Family Members: Chizuru Crescentia(Wife), Ava Crescentia(Daughter), Maximillian Crescentia(Brother/Deceased), Alice Henderson(Sister)

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #496 on: February 16, 2015, 07:37:04 am »
Hey everyone! It's 11 PM and I am coming off a 6 hour Target shift and am about to write my own EX spliced together with two other pieces to further York and Astral's posts for their part 2s, and maybe set up an intro for WL2's appearance. Hoping he comes back from being busy soon, because I miss my arch nemesis. lol.

So here it is. My attempt at a clean cut through 3 separate scenarios.

----------
Present day. 2 weeks after the Quadrivium Incident.

Ava Crescentia waits a bit impatiently in Legion's Main Hangar Bay 3, awaiting the arrival of the CSF admirals. Her mind temporarily wanders to a time approaching three years ago soon. But no, this was not Sunrider, it was Legion. And the vessel now landing in her hangar bay was not a military shuttle, but a high-tech personal vessel with the smallest operable cloaking device in this sector of the galaxy... at least.

Ava: (To everyone in earshot) Atten-TION! Admirals on deck!

The Black Mamba completes its descent onto the hangar floor and the forward ramp descends with a hiss. Ava would make sure the first impression was perfect. Though she is unsure if she will even be staying past another week or so, she finds herself wanting to reflect her ship and her captain well. Her captain. When she thinks about it it sounds a bit odd. No time to think about that, though, as York and Chizuru Crescentia descend the ramp and walk toward her, York looking around with what appears to be curiosity, and Chizuru merely looking at Ava and grinning as they approach. The instant they reach her and stop, Ava catches a motion out of the corner of her eye. Unacceptable...

Ava: Sergeant Asimov! Admirals on deck!

Asimov: R-right!

He drops the small fuel cylinder he had been carrying in sudden surprise, snapping his hand up into a salute. The tank begins to roll across the floor. York and Chizuru watch it dubiously as Ava manages to maintain her forward stare. It crashes into a ladder which falls over. It lands on an exposed piece of wire in a small laser cannon on a tarp for maintenance. The cannon goes off, striking the leg of a LEGION class Advanced Mook Mk. VII with a blinding beam shot. The leg gives out and the mech falls forward onto the Black Mamba. Ava watches it carefully out of the corner of her eye as the mech slips off the Mamba and on its way down fires a single shot into the top of it. The cloaking device sparks and smokes as the mech hits the floor. Just when Ava thinks things could not possibly get worse, the smoke reaches the sensors at the top of the enormous hangar and the industrial-power fire suppression system kicks in, dousing the entire hangar in high-pressure water spray. At the same time, warning klaxons activate in response and the deafening wail fills the compartment. It takes Asimov a moment to sprint across the hangar and punch in the override code as the "rain" makes an odd sound every time a drop hits the damaged section on the top of the Mamba. At last silence returns. The klaxons cease and the sprinklers desist, leaving Ava, soaking wet, still staring at her parents, who look at her with a facepalm and a raised eyebrow, respectively. Salvaging what little remains of her dignity, Ava blows a wet cluster of hairs from in front of her eyes and addresses the pair as if nothing had happened.

Ava: Admirals York and Chizuru Crescentia, welcome to Legion. Where we maintain the best possible atmosphere for efficient operation.

Chizuru: ...Thank you.

York: (While Chizuru walks calmly over to Ava, York practically runs to her and gives her a massive bear-hug.) I missed you so much, Ava!

Ava: (When Chizuru get there and join York) *sigh* I missed you too.

York: And where's the "other one"? (laughs)

Ava: The... other...?

Chizuru: I believe he means Captain Whalecow.

Ava: Oh, yes, of course. He sends his condolences, but he was unable to join us due to a live feed from the Reapers themselves.

York: Oh, yeah. These Reaper things Whalecow called us about the other week. Well... wish him good luck with THAT.

Chizuru: ...He will be fine. He was always very tactful when the situation called for it.

Ava: And when it doesn't?

Chizuru: He used to call it... "Cosmos Style".

Ava: Oh god...

While they discuss the Reapers (Which Chizuru knows a disturbing amount about) a man walks in. The admirals look at him curiously, vaguely recognizing the outfit but not the scarred face.

York: And you are?

Ava: Oh... this is Adviser Solomon Arcadius.

Arcadius: (smiles warmly and speaks in PACT accent) Hello Comrades Mr. and Mrs. Crescentia. It is a pleasure to meet you at last. The captain has told me much about you.

The pieces click into place, and after several awkward questions, all four of them are ready to move on. Ava states that the prototype awaits interrogation and the other three follow her into the massive maze of corridors that were once the bane of Cera.

Meanwhile, in the captain's office, Whalecow is in for the second biggest psychological battle of his life. The first being a mind-duel with an intergalactic demon of ultimate darkness.

----------
Whalecow is admittedly a bit annoyed. Here he is, sitting in the cabin preparing to speak to the Reapers. Which is something that he REALLY wants to do, but it sucks that he is missing the visit that his "adoptive parents" are finally making to his ship after a while. Of course, he always tries to remain tactful when the situation calls for it. So he sits straight in his chair, activates the holo-projector, and links it through to the waiting audio/video feed. As the Void representatives appear before his eyes, he manages to totally hide his annoyance behind the relief he is feeling that they actually bothered to answer... and so quickly!

Whalecow: (puts on a sincere smile and bows in the Ceran fashion is before) Hello, ladies and gentlemen. It is an honor and I am very pleased to see that you took the time to actually speak to me in person.

He receives a small smile from a few, some nods from others... even what may have been a barely perceptible return bow from Luna... but what catches his eye the most is the barely hidden glare that all the cyberlons, and in particular bladewolf, gives him.

Glaive: Get to the point. I imagine you humans are busy cleaning up your own messes as we speak.

As always, the intimidation oozes outward from them like the monster in an old and cheesy creature-feature B-movie. Whalecow wonders if they would be amused by the analogy. Probably not. He manages to meet the chill feeling and simply ignores it, armed with the knowledge that they cannot, at the moment, harm him, and the ongoing revelation that he had faced far worse in the past with barely a blinking of an eye.

Whalecow: You are absolutely right. Our mess. Our responsibility. And it is keeping us as busy as hell.

Even Bladewolf's glare falters a bit at Whalecow's seeming admittance of humanity's shortcomings and his sudden abandonment of political speech.

Bladewolf: Then why do you expect us to help you humans with the plagues you've caused yourselves?

Whalecow: I suppose in the end I partially didn't. But even humans help each other sometimes, especially when it costs them nothing. Or when they have nothing to gain. You can't deny that it has happened.

Skylla: (seemingly thoughtful) We cannot deny that on occasion, humans have assisted other humans and asked nothing in return.

Whalecow's trap is all set. Time to place the bait.

Whalecow: I apologize for wasting your time with this, but I figured that if even HUMANS helped other humans when they DO have something to lose...

He can tell the Reapers and Cyberlons know where he is going with this, but he finishes anyway.

Whalecow: ...The noble Void Faction can share a little information on the plague that threatens to engulf them as well, especially if it costs them nothing.

He manages to say this with as little mocking as possible. So little in fact that it has the Void Faction wondering if there is even any to begin with.

Bladewolf: Why should WE help YOU, human? Surely there are others of your kind that would benefit from this knowledge... and we could deal with them ourselves if we so wished it.

Whalecow is on dangerous ground. And this is where his sheer courage and audacity shine the most.

Whalecow: Because you need us.

The glare returns. Whalecow is fortunate those jaws are god-knows-how-many light-years away at the moment.

Whalecow: You might as well face it. You may not need us now, but one day you might. You may not believe it, but Legion will answer any call of distress. We will help you regardless in that case, but for the moment the only immediate benefit you may... reap... is the continued existence of those that would be willing to come to even YOUR aid when you need us. Because when humanity falls... her defenders will be the first to... cease.

His logic is surprisingly sound, though the claim that they will need a human at ANY time is dubious at best. They carefully ignore the "reap" pun, which Faeron would NEVER admit to Glaive he found amusing.

Whalecow: I try to be humble, but you must know: As of now, I am one of the very few that could say I would help you in your hour of need. So please, I beg of you... grant Us the information We require to live one more day.

Glaive looks in turn at each of the Void reps. He receives a nodding of the head from each of them, even Bladewolf. Very rarely had they seen a human that genuinely pleaded rather than played two-faced or tried to seize what they wanted by force.

Glaive: ...Ask your questions...

Whalecow: (nods solemnly before answering) I...We... desire to know more of the prototypes. Anything would be helpful. Technical specs, bases, attack plans... you might not have most or any of this at this time, but like I said, every little bit helps. But most of all, I have one question that needs answered before any other:

As he finishes the thought on his tongue, he completes one in his head. He thinks about the prototype in the brig, and of his parents, and most of all, of his own experience with those that robbed Nozomi Shields of her entire blood-relative family.

Whalecow: (eyes closed, nearly pleading) I just want to know... (quietly) Are the prototypes really with Grey's Alliance?

----------
Ava walks down the corridor, followed by Chizuru, York, and Arcadius in that order, in a nearly straight line. Damn, this was a long walk.

Ava: ...and as you may or may not know, Legion is run with the same power method used in most Ceran starships, with haradium crystals for backup and the starstone for boosts when the situation warrants it...

York: (whispers to Arcadius) Ever wake up and feel like you're in the past?

Arcadius: (responds in whisper) Every. Damn. Day.

York: Well that sucks...

Arcadius: It HAS been only a month or so since I've been here. I'll figure it out eventually.

York: It's weird to hear you use singular pronouns...

Arcadius: Oh? Why is... Oh. *sigh*

Chizuru's quiet voice shuts the other three up by its simple use.

Chizuru: Where is Nozomi?

Ava: She's waiting for us near the brig. Wanted to make sure she sees you.

Chizuru: (nods) And... where is Cosette? Whalecow tells me she is part of the ADF.

Ava: She... left.

Chizuru: Oh?

Ava: The captain assures us all she will be back. Though it seems... unlikely.

Chizuru: ...I understand.

The corridor becomes deathly quiet for the remaining 1/8th kilometer it takes them to reach the brig. As expected, Nozomi nearly bowls them over with a hug of her own. What is not expected is the fact that she has become slightly more toned since last time, and York swears he hears his back crack. After exchanging pleasantries, the "Ceran Power Couple" turn in tandem to the form in the cell. Yep... that's a prototype. The green Alliance armor is a bit... disconcerting. Ava opens the door to allow her parents in, all the while remembering a similar situation two weeks ago, and expecting the interrogation to go just about the same as it had then.

----------
Two weeks ago. The day after the Quadrivium Incident.

Ava: Sir? Sir?

Whalecow awakes from a deep slumber to find himself splayed out awkwardly on Ava's couch.

Whalecow: (wakes up and rubs his eyes to find Ava standing over him) Oh... hey XO... what happened last night?

Ava: Uh... we ate dinner, you said you liked it... we then proceeded to play chess...

Whalecow: (interrupts) I beat you, didn't I?

Ava: I still don't understand how you took out my queen with your king...

Whalecow: Heh. The king always gets his queen. No matter how improbable it may seem.

Ava: (rolls eyes and continues) ...And then we were talking about my parents coming to visit soon and you went the way of a narcoleptic mountain goat... on my shoulder. And then I extricated myself and went to bed.

Whalecow thinks for a moment, then bursts out into uncontrollable laughter.

Ava: What's so funny, sir?

Whalecow: Oh man, it's like a bloody cheesy romantic comedy! Ahahahahahaha!

Ava rolls her eyes again and bites back the incredibly disrespectful comeback, instead citing the one thing that can sober Whalecow up.

Ava: The prototype awaits interrogation, sir.

Whalecow: (Is snapped out of a jovial mood like Legion dropping out of warp) Of course. Interrogation first, then breakfast.

Ava: (gives up again) Fine, sir. Interrogation, then breakfast.

Whalecow makes a winning smile and pulls himself off the couch. They head immediately to the brig where the prototype is expecting them. Also there expecting them under different circumstances is Nozomi.

Nozomi: Hello, father.

Whalecow: Hey sweetheart. What's up?

Nozomi: I want to help you interrogate that... thing in there.

Whalecow hesitates a bit at the word "thing", then assents under the condition that she stay professional. He turns and does the same to Ava, shortly receiving an "unbelievable" as he opens up the brig and heads inside, the girls on his right and left wings. The prototype leans against the wall, glaring at them.

Whalecow: Mornin', Sunshine!

Prototype: We refuse to dignify that with a response.

Ava: You just did, idiot. Now we have questions that need answered.

Prototype: You'll not get any answers from Us.

Whalecow: I suggest you reconsider...

The door finally closes ominously behind them.

Whalecow: ...You are not among very understanding individuals here. Tell me... what do you know of the history of the Prototypes?

Prototype: We ARE Our history. As for where We come from, We will tell you nothing.

Nozomi steps forward and asks a question of her own.

Nozomi: You do not know of your past attacks on the innocent?

Prototype: (grins) We think you mean specifically, Our attacks on your homeplanet of Cera, Ms. Nozomi "Maray" Shields.

Nozomi: Perhaps I do. So what?

Prototype: We don't know what lies you've been fed, but it is not Our fault. We are a different generation, a different breed. Look around, girl. You live within your parents' murderer!

He spreads out his hands to encompass the whole of Legion. As the prototype goes on, Nozomi begins to tear up ever so slightly with every word he speaks.

Prototype: In fact, this is the very same crew! Your gunnery officer is probably the same man that nuked your beloved Cera. Arcadius is the man that built this planet-killer, and you fight alongside him! And as far as killers go, your father is the worst of them!

Nozomi: ...Tsch...

Prototype: You didn't know? Ahahahah! Your "father" was the elite guard of Arcadius himself... by the time he betrayed Us, he had taken orders directly from Us for two years! And he killed, oh yes, he killed women and children! The blood of generations is on his hands! ...And you claim to love him as your father...
...He claims to love you as his own. A lie.

Nozomi looks back at Whalecow, who's hands are up at his head, covering his eyes in shame. Ava merely looks away from him and at the floor. Fortunately, Nozomi knew the truth. She couldn't explain it in words, but she knew it was the truth. And she knew that the prototype had made a fatal mistake when he had tried to cause her to doubt it. The prototype's eyes go wide for an instant as Nozomi suddenly draws her heavily modified Desert Eagle that Whalecow had given her for her 16th birthday and points it, gripped with two hands, at the monster's head.

Nozomi: I know all of that. Because father has told me all of it. Without reserve, without censor. And do you know what?
...I am still here.

Ava finally steps in before the gun "accidentally" goes off.

Ava: But I suspect you may not be for long if you do not begin to talk. Nozomi... Please wait in the hallway.

Nozomi: Fine.

She holsters her weapon with mild hesitation and turns to leave.

Prototype: That's right, orphan! Leave Us!

In a flash, Nozomi spins around, plants her feet, and delivers a spinning kick to the prototype's smug face. She turns to leave again before he hits the ground.

Nozomi: (suddenly cheerful) I'll be waiting for you in the messhall, daddy!

With that, she at last leaves. The prototype just lays there, still a bit shell-shocked from the blow from a "little girl" that knocked him on his "superior ass". Ava walks up to him and holds out a hand. Confused and barely conscious, he takes it. Big mistake. Ava hauls him up and slams him against a wall.

Ava: Expect no mercy from me, snake!

As she spits out the last word, Whalecow comes to her side and whispers in her ear.

Whalecow: Do what you have to. But remember... he is still a person. Please do not wound him grievously.

Ava: You know he deserves worse than that.

Whalecow: Ava... he tried to turn my own family and friend against me... if anyone has a right to inflict serious... harm... it's me. I am sorry, but I must demand that you restrain yourself with the professionalism befitting an officer of your caliber. Now, I will leave the rest of the interrogation at your discretion. When you are done, please come have breakfast with us.

Ava agrees to follow these instructions with a promptness she scarcely feels in her heart as Whalecow walks out, leaving her alone, still gripping the "helpless creature" by " its" collar. The prototype looks into those steely, determined red eyes and knows that there will indeed be no mercy... save to spare him the release of death.

Whalecow leaves the cell as the first question goes by unanswered, the first slap falls after Ava drops her "professionalism" in favor of righteous fury, and she calls for truth serum in a near-fatal dosage to be brought to her ASAP.

----------
Present day. Two weeks after the Quadrivium Incident.

Whalecow turns off the holo-projector in front of him and delivers to the open air one of his true father's favorite expressions.

Whalecow: Well shit...

The Void had been generous in the provision of information, and Whalecow had thanked them profusely but not overly politically or repetitively before the representatives of deadly blade and savage tooth had cut the channel on their end. He sits there for a moment, contemplating what their answer could mean, and ruminating on Ava's failed interrogation of the prisoner that had put her in a rather unsavory mood for a few days, when there is a call from the bridge. Velora, his former first officer from Hephaestus, who now shared those responsibilities with Ava on Legion, and who, like Whalecow, did not have a surname for whatever reason. The captain had never figured that last one out. He presses the button to accept the call on his personal comm and hears the voice as he imagines the mild to moderately attractive, black-haired, brown eyed, intelligent, and prominently browed face behind it.

Velora: Captain... a few seconds ago, there arose... a situation.

Whalecow: Why are you speaking like this is a parody from Command and Conquer 3 and the Philadelphia just went up?

Velora: That was a good game. Oh, but this situation is different. There is a new contact on our radar, sir.

Whalecow: *sigh* Let me guess, about three kilometers?

Velora: Er... yes sir. How'd you guess?

Whalecow: When your luck is as bad as mine you eventually gain the uncanny ability to see where it's going next.

Velora: But you invited the TISD Legion here, right?

Whalecow: Yes. But it had to be when the Ceran Security Forces are conducting an investigation.

----------
Ava answers her comm and is neither surprised nor worried when Whalecow is on the other end.

Ava: Sir?

Whalecow: How'd the reception go?

Ava: Erm... Well.

Whalecow: Oh... if you say so. We have another situation.

Ava: I am getting a bit weary of those.

Whalecow: I appreciate what you put up with, Ava. Now listen up.

Ava: Of course, sir.

Whalecow: The Trinacrian Empire is about to drop by for their turn with Mr. Psychotic. I will stall Mr. WL2 while the CSF completes their investigation. An encounter between the two might end badly. It probably won't, but the situation is hard to predict at this point.

Ava: Stay the course, sir?

Whalecow: (Ava can imagine his smile) Stay the course, XO.

Ava returns her attention back to the cell, wishing she could be in their with her parents, but knowing she is a civilian and cannot interfere with an official CSF investigation no matter her identity. She also calls Asimov in the hangar to tell him to hurry up with those repairs to the Black Mamba. With this command she gets a cliche "Damn it ma'am, I'm a sergeant not a mechanic!"

----------
The TISD Legion's boarding craft had been requested to dock in Hangar Bay 1, and Whalecow is now waiting to meet them. All he has to do is pull off some sort of distraction to minimize the chance of contact between Trinacria and Cera, and if he fails nothing bad may even happen. He tries to tell himself, as the landing craft sets down, that this one will be easy. Only he knows with certainty that in a galaxy at war... from a diplomatic summit, to a visit from the "folks", to a simple phone-call... nothing is ever that easy.

----------
Sorry it was so long for an EX. I had a lot of ground to cover. The CSF and the Void are all set up like they wanted, and I have set up Trinacria fairly open-endedly for when WL2 gets around to posting. I will judge ADF posts as normal, and Endershadow will judge mine as per usual. Still awaiting for his and KTKM's EX as well, so looking forward to those. Again, sorry if it was too long/boring/poorly written, but it is now 2:30 in the morning. Hope you liked it anyway!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:59:17 am by Whalecow »
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]™

« Reply #497 on: February 16, 2015, 11:40:13 am »
Well, that was a bit... mean for BladeWolf, lol. But other than that you got it mostly right, very impressive Whalecow. Well, now it's time to integrate it & write my part. I'll put in the information they manage to gather so far. You'll find hints that the Cyberlons are not that bad...

===================================================================================
Time: Present Day, 2 weeks after the Quadruvium incident

The leaders of the Void Faction stands at the command center of the Void Fortress, located in the center-most of the hull like all their vessels for maximum protection. After a short while, Whalecow showed on the 4D projection.

Whalecow: [4D] (puts on a sincere smile and bows in the Ceran fashion is before) Hello, ladies and gentlemen. It is an honor and I am very pleased to see that you took the time to actually speak to me in person.

Skylla gave a small smile in return, Faeron gave a casual 2 finger salute, Glaive gave a nod of acknowledgement, & Luna gave a small bow. BladeWolf, StarWolf, & DreadWolf merely nodded curtly, but then proceeds to monitor him closely.

Glaive: Get to the point. I imagine you people are busy cleaning up your own messes as we speak.
Whalecow: You are absolutely right. Our mess. Our responsibility. And it is keeping us busy as hell.

BladeWolf's sharp calculating gaze halts a bit at Whalecow's seeming admittance of humanity's shortcomings and his sudden abandonment of political speech. StarWolf & DreadWolf were the same, it was nearly non-existentially rare for a human to ever admit that. Most if not nearly all the time, they blame all their problems on others & simply refuse to admit their own faults. But even so, terrible memories has made the Shadow Fenrirs to take into account the atrocities they have witnessed further into their calculations & logic, & the 3 Cyberlon leaders who are also the head of the Shadow Fenrirs find it difficult to trust nearly all humans, their calculations & observation shows that the negatives outweighs the positives. Their logic has dictate that involving themselves with their kind will procure more negative effects than positives, in fact, they barely see any positives, if at all.

BladeWolf: Then we see no reason why you expect us to help you. Why did you ask us, of all people?
Whalecow: I suppose in the end I partially didn't. But even humans help each other sometimes, especially when it costs them nothing. Or when they have nothing to gain. You can't deny that it has happened.
Skylla: (ponders for a bit) We cannot deny that on occasion, humans have assisted other humans and asked nothing in return. You are correct in that it has happened on several occasions.
Whalecow: I apologize for wasting your time with this, but I figured that if even HUMANS helped other humans when they DO have something to lose...

The Reapers and Cyberlons know where he is going with this, but he finishes anyway.

Whalecow: ...The noble Void can share a little information on the plague that threatens to engulf them as well, especially if it costs them nothing.

He manages to say this with as little mocking as possible. So little in fact that it has the Void wondering if there is even any to begin with, although they could sense a faint trace of it. However, they decided to ignore it, no use in pondering over useless things.

BladeWolf: We see no reason as to why we should assist you. Surely there are others of your kind that would benefit from this knowledge... and there is no guarantee that the cycle will not repeat itself. The negatives outweighs the positives in this case. There is not enough logic in your statement, inform to us why we have reason in assisting you.

Whalecow is on dangerous ground. And this is where his sheer courage and audacity shine the most.

Whalecow: Because you need us.

The sharp glint that disappeared from the Cyberlons eyes returns, the Reapers just stay silent.

Whalecow: You might as well face it. You may not need us now, but one day you might. You may not believe it, but Legion will answer any call of distress. We will help you regardless in that case, but for the moment the only immediate benefit you may... reap... is the continued existence of those that would be willing to come to even YOUR aid when you need us. Because when humanity falls... her defenders will be the first to... cease.

His logic is surprisingly sound, though the claim that they will need a human at any time is dubious at best. The 3 Cyberlons still see that logic lacking according to their calculations, however they chose to reevaluate that. They carefully ignore the "reap" pun, which Faeron would not admit to Glaive he found amusing.

Faeron: (smirks inside) Heh... well, this guy can joke...
Whalecow: [4D] I try to be humble, but you must know: As of now, I am one of the very few that could say I would help you in your hour of need. So please, I beg of you... grant Us the information We require to live one more day.

Glaive looks in turn at each of the others. He receives a nodding of the head from each of them, BladeWolf looks at his 2 companions, they both nodded, he then nodded as well. Very rarely had they seen a human that genuinely pleaded rather than played two-faced or tried to seize what they wanted by force. The Cyberlons changed their views a bit on Whalecow, perhaps there was more to this individual than meets the eye. The line Whalecow just said was the truth, they did not sense a lie in it. Whalecow has definitely earned the respect of the Reapers & Cyberlons, they appreciate his honesty, & so he shall have the information.

BladeWolf: I still see lack of logic in your statement. However, we shall concede for now.
Glaive: (nods solemnly) ...Ask your questions...
Whalecow: [4D] (nods solemnly before answering) I...We... desire to know more of the prototypes. Anything would be helpful. Technical specs, bases, attack plans... you might not have most or any of this at this time, but like I said, every little bit helps. But most of all, I have one question that needs answered before any other:

As he finishes the thought on his tongue, he completes one in his head. He thinks about the prototype in the brig, and of his parents, and most of all, of his own experience with those that robbed Nozomi Shields of her entire blood-relative family.

Whalecow: [4D] (eyes closed, nearly pleading) I just want to know... (quietly) Are the prototypes really with Grey's Alliance?

The others went quiet for a bit. Glaive then mentions to BladeWolf, StarWolf, & DreadWolf to explain what they manage to gather. The 3 Cyberlon leaders comply & begins showing Whalecow what they have learned so far about these prototypes.

BladeWolf: This is one of the information we manage to acquire thus far. (shows a starmap to Whalecow, then points to the lower quadrant of the galaxy, there is a transparent green field, presumably marking a faction's territory) These prototypes... they have 1 base located on a planet, somewhere inside one of these 2 systems.
StarWolf: You can probably guess to what faction this territory belongs to.
Whalecow: [4D] ...Alliance territory...
DreadWolf: Exactly 27h 46m ago, we also received information about a supply line going towards this area. They are designated as Alliance vessels. Evidence shows that the Alliance is aiding these prototypes. The convoy is also heavily guarded.
Whalecow: [4D] (clenched his fists) So it's true then...
BladeWolf: We are 99.762% positive. With each information we gather, it shows more evidence linking towards the involvement of the Alliance military aiding these prototypes. It also appears the higher ups of their military is involved in this project. We have found an "underground transaction" as you would call it, it is highly encrypted. We cracked the encryption, but did not manage to pinpoint an exact location, but it points to this area. (points to another point in the starmap, it points to an area of 3 systems, one of the systems is where Solaris would be)
Whalecow: [4D] (takes a deep breath) I thank you... That answers my first question.
StarWolf: (nods solemnly in return)
Whalecow: [4D] Right... I don't wish to waste too much of your time, so let's continue.
Glaive: (nods) Here are the other information we manage to gather up to date. E.D.I, A.I.D.A, if you would.
E.D.I: [male voice] Affirmative. (shows multiple floating screens, it shows multiple data) These are all the data the Cyberlons have managed to gather thus far. We shall make you a deciphered copy, Captain Whalecow. In the meantime, the others shall explain what they have learned.
A.I.D.A: [female voice] We will send it to you as soon as all necessary data are compiled in an organized archive for ease of access.
Whalecow: [4D] Gratitude. (makes a short bow & straightens his posture once more, he doesn't really know who, or what he was talking to, presumably Cyberlons inside the vessel itself, he then sets his posture straight & looks to the Reapers)
Glaive: Firstly, their base of operations. We have a feeling they have several out there, but so far we've only manage to locate 2 of them, & manage to pinpoint one, which the Cyberlons just discovered exactly 1 hour ago. (points at the starmap) Located here, inside the Neutral Rim, within the Tundaros System, inside an abandoned Ryuvian military station in orbit on the dark side of the moon of this planet, Klador V. The station is heavily armed with ancient Ryuvian weapons, all still functioning. It has 8 hangars in which Nightmare ryders are stored. According to the data, they seem to be researching new technology & "other" things on board that station, of what we do not know, but most likely war technology... & maybe even illegal experiments. The last records shows there are at least 2,000 prototypes inside. As for the other base, it has not been pinpointed other than that it's hidden somewhere within Alliance territory.
Luna: Next would be their plans of attack. We didn't manage to get very much since we've only begun truly gathering information since 1 week ago. These prototypes may seem to target defenseless colonies, but they will also change targets on seemingly a whim. However, that is not the case. They use what we would call "multi-layer strategy" in their plans of attack. It makes it difficult to read their patterns of attack plans, but we at least know some of their objectives. Their highest priority targets seems to be either densely populated colonies to acquire "prisoners", or colonies that holds a piece of important technology. It seems they are seeking to empower themselves.
Faeron: And then there's their military power. Our soldiers have encountered them face to face before, they are not your ordinary soldiers. I'm guessing you know this as well, they are super-soldiers with superior combat prowess in every aspect compared to the human's standard military soldiers. But they have a unique "link" that makes them into a synchronized unit when put together. It's somewhat similar to what we once faced before, this makes them into an army with a collective mind & body. They are also armed with advanced weaponry & armor along with shielding, probably created by themselves. From the looks of things, they also have a way to replicate themselves to make their numbers increase even further. However, currently the locations of their facilities are unknown. They could be hiding it anywhere.
Skylla: Also, we encountered unknown forces a week before, we manage to intercept their plans of assaults into uncharted area. The vessel models are not the models we have recorded anywhere in the database, not even in the ancient Ryuvian records. (shows the models of the large capital ships, along with ryders resembling Nightmare ryders of the Holy Ryuvian Empire) From the looks of your face, I'm guessing you have no idea either. We did manage to track down the manufacturer, which leads to somewhere just outside the borders of Alliance territory. These vessels can be called the state of the art warships, they are stronger & better in every aspect than any current human military warships of similar types.
Whalecow: [4D] (he lets the information sink in) ...Are there any other data you can share with us?
BladeWolf: (shakes his head) This is all we could manage to gather thus far.
E.D.I: [male voice] The data is ready for transfer, Captain Whalecow. I shall send it to you immediately.
A.I.D.A: [female voice] It will appear in your holo-pad in 5 seconds.
Whalecow: [4D] (his holo-pad gave a blip 5 seconds later) Well, that was fast...
DreadWolf: We have told you all we know. Use this data wisely. It may only be information, but remember that others may find a way to misuse it.
Whalecow: I thank all of you for your cooperation. With this, we can face the threat we are facing right now.
Luna: (nods back) You are welcome.
StarWolf: And as you humans would say: "good luck in your mission". We have other duties to attend to, farewell.
Whalecow: I understand. Again, thank you. (gives a light bow then straightens his posture)
Reapers & Cyberlons: (gives a nod in return)

BladeWolf then cuts the feed after they finished. He along with his 2 companions then stares aimlessly, as if pondering about something.

Skylla: Well... that was unexpected.
Faeron: Tell me about it...
Glaive: ..........
Luna: (stays silent & glanced at StarWolf) StarWolf...?
StarWolf: ...Perhaps there is more to this individual than meets the eye... But only time will tell...
DreadWolf: He passed the probation... for now...
BladeWolf: We shall see how things go... For now we have actual important matters to attend to.

The 3 Shadow Wolves left afterwards with these thoughts in mind. While Whalecow was examining the data they gave him, the Void moved on to solve their own problems. The prototypes are on the move, & this just serves to make things harder. However, the Void still have things to do, & they will see to it through the end.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And... done. Whew, hope I got it right.

Welp, that's it for my part. In the meantime I will get my scenarios ready for chapter 4. Hope you liked my EX post. ;D

Almost forgot, time to update the points. For York, since you're new here, the points is how the Void Faction views the other faction's members. 0 means neutral.

Whalecow: +15 (+15) -> +30 (That talk with the Void was unexpected, but they respect Whalecow's honesty)
~Cosette: +50 (+30) -> +80 (Earned respect with the Void despite her rather sarcastic attitude & recklessness at times)
~Ava: 0 (0) -> 0 (For now at least)
~Nozomi: 0 (0) -> 0 (Same as Ava, they never met directly before)

Ender: +5 (+5) -> +10 (Cosette Bonus)

KTKM: -15 (0) -> -15 (No Bonus)
~Kuchekov: -20 (0) -> -20 (No Bonus)
~Helmsman: +2 (+3) -> +5 (Cosette Bonus)

Spy: 0 (+10) -> +10 (Cosette Bonus & Headstompa on Prototype xD)

WL2: 0 (+10) -> +10 (Your empire is impressive & prosperous, Astral & Zephyr bonus xD)

York: 0 (0) -> 0 (Haven't met them before)
~Chizuru: 0 (0) -> (Same as York)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:33:13 pm by Void »
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline KTKM-Sama

« Reply #498 on: February 16, 2015, 11:16:00 pm »
I actually suppose to posted, but unfortunately. I'm an idiot and accidently close my browser, and lost all of my writing, which is almost finished.
Now I'm out of brainpower and need some sleep.

Sorry, everyone. My post delayed. If nothing gone wrong I will be posting at tomorrow morning. (My country morning, of course.) Again, I'm sorry for my idiotness. Will back-up my post more recently and will never do it again.

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #499 on: February 16, 2015, 07:22:10 pm »
That happened to me when concluding the Banquet. I had to quit, do a 5.5 hour shift at Target, then come home at 11 at night and type it up again.
So welcome to the idiot club, where I am the president and Ava does roll-call.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline KTKM-Sama

« Reply #500 on: February 17, 2015, 05:20:16 pm »
So, Sorry again guys. I was busy, very busy. But at least I manage to post on the thread. Due to the lack of time, I have to cut some of the story that I planned on my mind. But here we go, The interrogation of Prototype

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legion, Interrogation room.
We don't know what the day it is since we use Soyuz Calendar. But We pretty sure it is the day of Interrogation

KTKM: Omom, Suddddddd (eating a cheap instant noodle cup.)

Prototype: ..................................................................

This is an awkward moment. Yep, pretty much awkward since it is the interrogation. Or we could say that, It is pretty much awkward since the man who do the interrogation is, KTKM, eating his noodle cup.

It goes like this for an hour now. In the glass-protected visible room, or "Interrogation room". Prototype sit and tied up there. With a table and a chair in his front. KTKM sit in front of Prototype, doing nothing but eating Instand noodle cups. He didn't even talk anything to Prototype, no. He just get into the room, take his instant noodle cup and a boiled metallic water bottle, and begin to pour the boiled water into the noodle cup. Then he eat it slowly, slowly. Relax and take his time eating.

KTKM: Suddddddddddddddddd

Prototype:...............(stare at KTKM.)

Oh, and the Mighty Helmsman, KTKM's Helmsman, Sensors and Temporary Secretary (Seriously, can't this man get a real secretary already?) waiting outside the room.

KTKM: .........................(Chewing his noodle)

Prototype:.........................................

Anddd, It's going like this for another ten minutes. KTKM going to take the 5th cup of Instant noodle, but Prototype finally break the silence with heavily sight, and begin to talk.

Prototype: (Heavy sight).....Is this an interrogation?

KTKM: Hmm? (look at Prototype) Yes, yes. Of course.

Prototype: Then do it.

KTKM: Uh-huh. (Continue eating)

Prototype:.................................

KTKM: Yupyup....suddddd sulpsulp

Prototype: That...."annoy" won't work for us. We will never fall into any trap, EVER.

KTKM: Did you know that many victims in the torture ususally said that 'this kind of torture won't work for me.' and did you know what are they end up? They're broke.

Prototype: We are superior than you, humans. We have little to no know pain, unlike you. Do you think we will tell our information by being annoyed? Such a stupid interrogation.

KTKM: Wait,...Did you just call me 'humans'? Seriously dude. I am the only one here, why the hell you just put 's' on the word 'human'? Did you see my duplication or something? Or perhaps you have a problem with your eyes? Hm....I didn't know before that being Prototype will cause your eye to see something wierd.

Prototype: You are stupid.

KTKM: Huh? (continue eating his noodle cup) You said that without looking at the mirror, do you? You are stupid too. No, even more stupid than me.

Prototype: Ha, such a stupid words from a stupid man.

KTKM: Same to you then.

Prototype: Did you think that you are different from others? Did you think you are better? Did you think that annoying people like this will make you look different from others? The answer is, no. You are just the same trash as those 'humans'. Same trash as this undevolop people. You just trying to make everything different. But did  you know that you just end up the same trash as them. The same 'undevolop' people.

KTKM: (stop eating) I don't know If you can read people mind or something. But insulting would never work with an idiot, like me.

Prototype: Then eat up your own words. 'this kind of torture won't work for me.' Did you know what the man who said this sentence end up? They broke.

KTKM: Ha. I think I like you. A group who think they are superior than anything all.

Prototype: Yes, we are superior than you, and anything all. And remember this 'We will destroy you'. Remember it until the end of your freedom.

KTKM: Freedom of what? Da fuck are you planning to do? Make every humans become your sex slave? Ohhh, what a hentai man.

Prototype: You are watching too much Ceran cartoon, human. We will enslave you all, yes.

KTKM: It's not cartoon, damnit. It's a Ceranese Anime. But, yeah. Who cares anyway, I'm not that kind of stuff. Just joking thought. So...You will enslave us, for what?

Prototype: Because we are superior than you.

KTKM: Uh-huh? and?

Prototype: We will conquer you, all of you. Then build the empire on your corpse and freedom. Your love, your people, your family and you will be enslave and made as our toy and labour. We will hang ADF members (He try to lean toward KTKM, but unfortunately he's tied. So it end up something that look funny) like you. Smash all of your lover, important and your family into a flesh pile and force you to eat it until you're broke and become our slave. Now is my answer statify you?

KTKM: So....that's it?

Prototype: Look like my answer is too difficult for an idiot to understand. Well, well. I did not expect you to understand this from the start.

KTKM: Ah, I know, I know. But that's it? I mean, Harold Grey of the Alliance has the reason to do, he want to expand Alliance, Protecting his people and...whatever that is. PACT has the same reason too. Everyone here neither a good guy or a bad guy. They have reason, and I respect that.

Protototype:....................

KTKM: And I respect you too. Because you have reason. Althought your reasons are VERY stupid. Seriously, enslave humans? Do you even study about human before doing this shit? Did you know that humans try the slavery many times. And every time it fail. 'cause human is a race of free bird. They love freedom.

Prototype: And that is why we will enslave you, we will take your freedom from you, forever.

KTKM: Well, well. Did you know that slavery didn't built for a large amount of slave? Because once they gathered themself, they will rebel against their master, if their master didn't treat them well, like you guys. According from the plan that you are trying to enslave all of mankid, all of them, really? Did you even learn history?

Prototype: We are superior than you all, even superior in any term. We will not fail like humans enslave humans.

KTKM: Where do you get that confidence? I mean, with that large amount of human and with your treating, they wouldn't be happy. So you will end up have them trying to revoke you one day.

Prototype: Then we will kill them all, very easy.

KTKM: Annnddd You will end up killing everyone. Or almost everyone. And you will realise that you are the only one in the galalxy. While there's another galaxy called Far-away-galalxy looking at you, and laugh at your shameful mistake.

Prototype: We will conquer the Anprotoshka Galalxy too, sadly to you, Far-away-spae man.

KTKM: Anprotoshka? Hehe, didn't heard that name for a long time. Everyone here just call it Far-away-glalaxy. But anywayyyyy, do you think you will have resorce enough to conquer us? after conquering this galalxy?

Prototype: Your low-tech Vacuum tube technology cannot stop anything. Your Soyuz was conquerd by PACT. Your Unified were force to become ally with Alliance. You Far-away-Space are nothing but weakling in term of Space technology. And we, well, we don't need to tell you that many time that we are superior.

KTKM: (He picks his nose) Your idea even failure communism. Seriously, how did you came up with this stupid idea? An old ancient Ryuvian Cereal box or something? Even Kuchekov can thikink about better nation than this. So, what will you name your empire after you conquer us all.

Prototype: .......what?

KTKM: I mean, the name! name of your nation, man! Every nation need name, flags and anthem! Did you think about a cool flag? You know, to make you and your people pround of your nation, even thought it full of slavery shit. And of course, anthem. To make your people sing this all day. And not to forget about culture, sport, olympic game and many many other things that nation suppose to have!

Prototype:.......We are not nation, stupid human. We are one.

KTKM: But humans aren't dude! You need something as a symbol to unite them, even it's a slavery! Seriously, you didn't even plan for this, are you?

Prototype: Why will we plan for this since you all will be enslaved?

KTKM: (sight)....ever heard of Propaganda?

Prototype: We don't need Propaganda. We are superior. And with our power, we can rule them all.

KTKM: Dude, be realistic. You cannot rule hundreads of billions of BILLIONS people, without propaganda. You need them to believe that their life  is good. It will not going like "oooh, our life sucks, our life sucks. But we are just slave, we have many men, we can rising up against our master, but fuck it, our life sucks and we will continue on our work, they got big guns, we are scared. Ooohh, our life sucks." No. It wouldn't going to be like that. If they realise that their life REALLY sucks. They will revolt, riots everywhere. And They will end up win, or loose and all dead. See? Propaganda is important.

Prototype:.....................................

KTKM: Oh, and seriously. I hate your ideology about 'we are superior'. Even hate EVERY RACE who think they are superior. Even those damn Reapers.

Prototoype: But what if it's the truth then? What if you are denying-....

KTKM: Staphhhh. Lemme explain this shit. Did you know how the life begin? We didn't talk about how you make your new fancy body from the factory, but we are talking about 'life'. How the hell life born in the universe? Did you know?

Prototype:.........................

KTKM: Did you even know that, we are made out of atoms? that you, me, everyone. Even Reaper, are made out of the atoms. We made from the same ingredients. In other words, we are one.

Prototype: One?

KTKM:  Yes, we are one. Because the atoms comprise life, the atoms that become my body, your body, are traceable, to the crucibles. You know, it cooked light elements into heavy elements in their inside, in the very, very high temperatures and pressures. Then It become stars. then these stars went unstable in their later years. And then they collapsed and exploded, scattering their enriched guts, across the galaxy. These guts made of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and all the ingredients of life itself. These ingredients become part of gas clouds, that is condense, collapse, form the next generation of stars with orbiting planets. And those planets now have ingredients for life itself. Which will become our great-great-great-great grand father and mother. Every life came from this, from the ingredients of life. So, me, you, reaper, aliens and everyone, made from this kind of stuff. We are in fact, the same family in the universe.

Prototype:......................

KTKM: But then we put the hate to each other, by the words 'superior'. We saw other life that seem different than us as threat, as rival, as different. Or as the inferior. Regardless of the action. We spread our hate to everyone. Now, The Reapers look at us and then laugh, they say "Good luck killing yourself, humans" But what they didn't realise is, they are the children of the ingredient of life, like us all. That when they are killing us, they are killing one of them. One of us. Everyone. There is a level of conectivity in everyone.

Prototype:..........So?

KTKM: So, we are connected to each other. That’s really what you want in life, You can put your fancy words that you want to rule all of this universe, that you want to enslave every humankind, that you want to make peace in this galalxy, that you want to...whatever you want, But that's in fact, you want to feel connected, you want to feel relevant. You want to feel.....like you're doing participant in the ongoing of activities and events around you. That’s precisely what we are, that is what being alive.

And It's going awkward again. The Prototype didn't say anything more, neither KTKM.

KTKM: I guess we know about you, a little bit more. At least about your objective.

Prototype: I told what I already tell the first man who interrogate me, human.

KTKM: And I told you what the most astrounding fact about universe. So, yeah. That you have a fail ideology, that one day you will fall, like other not-well-prepared nation. And that your 'Superior' is something that pointless. Seriously, why did you even do this anyway? Enslave all human kind? (sight) Producing cereal is even better idea than this.

Prototype: We didn't ask your oppinion, human. Now if you finished this, leave me alone.

KTKM: Yes, I will. Mr. Prototype. But remember one thing.

Prototype: What is it?

KTKM: Even thought everyone told you that you are evil, monster, that you are ruthless, wothless enemy. But we, I, respect you. As you have reason to do, as you have sentient. You didn't do this because you are just an animal, but you do this because the reason. So I respect you that. Sadly that a well-evolop and highly intiligent race such as Reaper never respect their enemy, like you. But remember, We respect you. In the term of Intiligent race. Remember that you are intiligent, not an animal. I respect you and your reason. And I will not doing as others did to you. I will give a peaceful, good and quick dead to you as the respect when the time come. Not to torture and play you like a toy like those sadistic guys out there.

Prototype:.....................

KTKM: Seriously, this isn't even look like an interrogation at all. What the hell are we doing? (sight) Oh, nevermind. My job's done here. Hope I did change something on your mind. I hope we will not meet each other again, farewell.

as KTKM walk out of the room, the room went queit again. With a Prototype tied up on the chair, and a cold, half-eaten noodle cup on the table. They didn't get anything much from Prototype, but at least that what KTKM can do the best. Now just wait for the others....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Torpedo cruiser Kitakami, anchored near FSS Legion.

KTKM:  I really have no idea why the hell Leader Whalecow invite me to do interrogation, since I can mess up with Prototype, probably do the wrost too, like...playing airhorns to them.

Helmsman: I have no idea either.

KTKM: There's a lot of our member that can do better than me. Mr.Spy , Ms. Crescentia, many many more. Oh, and I bet even Emporor of Trinician can do this better than us. Not to mention that Captain Endershadow that full of mysterious can probably interrogate Prototype better than me. Seriously, I look like an idiot here.

The Helmsman didn't answer, he leave the silent as his answer, and get back to his work , looking at monitors and controling some wierd bottons and controlers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the reading guys! Sorry if it was too long or something, but I hope you like it!

Also, about KTKM's talking with Prototype, I didn't create all of his words to be honest, many of the words inspired from Neil deGrasse Tyson's. So If you are a fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson, you probably noticed some of it :V.

Well, That's all for my post. Waiting for whoever gonna post next!

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2015, 05:19:16 am »
I know I'm taking a while to get my post out, but I recently came down with something so it will take a little longer. Sorry It's taking so long.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

« Reply #502 on: February 22, 2015, 02:58:13 pm »
I now announce my official return so you can expect us to resume our activity in the near future. We're gonna have to deal with the fallout from our declaration on a new, far more dark and a mysterious front. Has anything important happened during my abscence?

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]™

« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2015, 12:28:35 am »
Welcome back WL2! 8)

Well, nothing much really, just the EX mission as you can see it. Whalecow already set the stage for you so you can start your part of the EX mission any time. Just read through it if you don't know where to start. The ones left to post are you, York, & Ender. But Ender is busy for the moment so he'll post at a later time.

EDIT: Btw, fixed many of my earlier posts, including ones for the banquet. Just realized I made a several mistakes on several parts back then that makes it rather off, & it's not typos either, lol. Also, new updates on profile in page 24 of the thread, I added rank insignias for easier writing in the future. Feel free to check.

http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=879.msg24997#msg24997
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:28:44 pm by Astral_Raider »
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #504 on: February 27, 2015, 08:05:01 pm »
Sorry for the long delay before writing this post. My character isn't the kind of person that would normally interrogate someone else, so instead I'll introduce my new character.

Ender's base on Plurus - 3 days after the Quadrivium incident

Ender is typing away at the main computer terminal.

Ender: Almost done...

A couple more seconds pass.

Ender: And finished! Now I just need to run the program.

Ender runs the program he just finished and lines of text scroll across the screen.

Laplace 1.3.210

Initiating startup procedure

Loading processing module
  Loading vision module
  Loading audio module
  Loading memory module
  Loading language module
  Loading motion module
  WARNING: no motors detected
  All modules loaded successfully

Calibrating vision module
  Calibrating sound module
  Calibrating motion module
  ERROR: no motors detected
  Calibration completed with errors

Startup complete

A voice is heard from the computer

Laplace: Hello Ender. Did you finish adding the motion module?
Ender: Yep. You should be able to move once I upload you into your body. I'll upload you now, you might be a little disoriented at first.

Ender shuts off Laplace, uploads her into the android body that was prepared beforehand, and turns her back on.

Ender: That should do it.
Laplace: It's weird having a body, I'll need to get used it.
Ender: Could you run a diagnostic to make sure everything is working?
Laplace: Sure.

A few seconds pass.

Laplace: Everything is working within operational parameters.
Ender: Good. Meet me in the hangar in 2 hours and we'll head back to Legion.

That's all for my second character introduction. I haven't fully figured out what Laplace will look like yet, but it will be similar to Cortana from Halo. Having a second character should hopefully make it easier for me to write future posts.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:13:14 pm by endershadow »

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Admiral York Crescentia

« Reply #505 on: March 08, 2015, 07:26:17 pm »
Sorry for the long wait, there have been ALOT of things happening on my end for the past couple weeks and now I actually have time to post this...here goes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
---Legion, Prison Cell Block---

*...After exchanging pleasantries, the "Ceran Power Couple" turn in tandem to the form in the cell. Yep... that's a prototype. The green Alliance armor is a bit... disconcerting. Ava opens the door to allow her parents in, all the while remembering a similar situation two weeks ago, and expecting the interrogation to go just about the same as it had then.*

York: So 'this' is one of the little buggers that annoyed the shit out of us...nearly three years ago?

Chizuru: ...That does seem to be the case, yes.

*The prototype sits at the other end of the cell, being moody and quiet, as usual.

York: Hmm....you want to go straight to the scan or just talk first?

Chizuru: I don't think it would be wise to start off using the scan, it might cause unwanted pain in...the subject.

York: ...You sound like...you know, "them"

Chizuru: ....hmm, I didn't realize...

They stand there for a minute, thinking about the reference York made but then remember that they have a Prototype to question.

York: Right...Hey! Get up!

*The prototype had been sitting down, looking at the ground. When it gets up from the ground and looks at the new "inquisition," it takes a keen interest in Chizuru, which seems to suggest that the Prototypes know about her...Chizuru simply raises an eyebrow, not sure what to think about this.*

Prototype: We...know of you two. The "Witch" and the "puppet husband" under your spell.

At this, York tries his best not sock him, straight in its face. Chizuru does not bat an eye, as image means alot within Intelligence agency circles.

York: Hmph, you're fortunate that I'm a better man than you think I am.....Now...First question, What do you know of Ceran Defensive capabilities now?

Prototype: We know....that we are superior than your minuscule defenses. You cannot stop us. We have already proved our superiority when we invaded your homewor-

York: Can you just shut the frak up about your "superiority" nonsense!?...Typical...Do you answer 'all' the questions with monologues about how you're "superior" to us...come on, at least open up your vocabulary from time to time...

Chizuru:...He is asking about the specifics. In other terms, What do you know about our defensive capabilities, regarding ship numbers and types, technology?

Prototype:....We will not dignify that with a response.

Chizuru: I had expected as much....moving on, How deep was or is the infiltration of the major factions? I notice that you are wearing the uniform of an Alliance Ryder Pilot.

Prototype: Our...benefactor has given us the means to do so.

Chizuru: I...see.

York: That sounds disturbing....somewhat....How many of you are there?

Prototype: We have more than enough to conquer, that is all that we will say.

York:...Its not much to go off of, considering how they were able to capture you....I dont see how you guys will be able to conquer.

Chizuru:...You might be...provoking him, York.

York: Maybe..its better than just beating the shit out of 'em for what it did, though.

Chizuru: I suppose....last question before we leave...What do you know about....me?

Prototype: We...know who you truly are...."Chizuru"...you cannot hide the truth for long....and then...you will no longer be an obstacle! That will make it easier and allow us to conquer your homeworld once more!

York:....Can I deck this guy now?

Chizuru:...One moment.....She concentrates, holding out her arm towards the prototype and closes her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again and putting down her arm.....hmm....nothing.

Prototype: Surprised? Your trickery and witchcraft will not affect us!

Chizuru:...We will see about that....once, York, no more.

*York grins and makes a motion to punch the prototype but stops when he notices that it flinched*

York: Hah! Didn't think that would work but that felt good!....Superior, my ass, you bastard...I think that's enough questions for now, don't you think?

Chizuru: Indeed....for now.

York: Shall we go now? Its very....gloomy in here.

*Chizuru nods and they start to leave the cell. Just after they get out the door however, Chizuru receives a text commlink message.*

Chizuru: Hmm?....It seems that matters may get....complicated.

York:...I dont like it when you say that..heh...you're usually right....

Chizuru: Take a look.

*York looks at the message Chizuru got* York:.....Trinacrians?.....Well shit....*Unenthusiastically* To the Hangar bay.....awwaaayyy....
[close]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaannnnddd....that's all I got. lol. On with the thread....I guess :P
Name: York Crescentia
Rank: Fleet Admiral(As of 3 Years after the Ceran Invasion)
Position: Cera Space Force/AEGIS, 1st Fleet Commanding Officer, CSFD Solaris (CN-CVDN-01)
Family Members: Chizuru Crescentia(Wife), Ava Crescentia(Daughter), Maximillian Crescentia(Brother/Deceased), Alice Henderson(Sister)

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]™

« Reply #506 on: March 08, 2015, 09:28:47 pm »
Nice, now all that's left is WL2. Go WL2! 8)

Also, fixed more of my posts based on Whalecow's notes, particularly ones involving Cosette.

And while I'm at it, I also fixed other things & update statistics.

http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=879.msg24997#msg24997

http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=879.msg23610#msg23610
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:25:26 am by Astral »

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

« Reply #507 on: March 15, 2015, 11:37:03 am »
Alright, there it is! I divided it in 3 parts, although now that I look at it the first part is likely bad and may be not necessary at all. I probably should just drop the politics stuff as it takes lots of time for what might as well be nothing, since ADF doesn't involve itself much in politics. Well, I have a whole life ahead of me to fix my mistakes, right?

Spoiler
Log 3 - "Making Space"

The Legion was a symbol of our greatness and military might, and technicially the real capital of the empire in the literal meaning of that word. This, along with it's obtained infamy in the past war had easily caught  everyone's full attention wherever it went. And this time, it went to Lingia. Lingians were known for replacing their democratic government with their own monarchy when the Ryuvian Empire collapsed and becoming a successor state, despite them being just one planet. It's unclear what exactly caused this change, but the fact was that now, with their ideology now coinciding with that of the Trinacrian Empire, they were one of these worlds who would natually answer their call.

And now I, along with a few of my trusted advisors, was disembarking on the planet in a delegation to discuss the terms.

We were taken to a royal palace, where their ruler would accept us. Frankly, I did not find it really impressive. It's luxury was really contrasting with the rest of my planet, as well as my own and Ryuvian royal residences, and I felt like someone was still stuck in the age that they were their own nation and as such had to try hard to retain their own prestige, ignoring the common lot. But that wasn't the case in the present day. Now, the best way to prove your own superiority was to be succesfull. Approval ratings, succesfull politics and internal stability - that's what mattered nowadays in my opinion, not a gaudy lifestyle of government officials.

When I actually met their ruler, my initial impression only grew. He was just a really young boy who had to ascend the throne due to his father's untimely death, whose rule brought this much decadence to his court. However, he seemed really determined to be a much better ruler than his father, which made me wonder if he's the one who caused his dad's death. But with the way he talked, it was clear that he was still inexperienced and full of himself.

He was wearing stereotypical royal regalia, complete with a crown, and had blazing red hair along with green eyes. I couldn't help but think he looked like some video game main character, but I tried my best to supress these thoughts. As numerous people have proven in history, looks can be deceiving...

-So, you've actually took the time to personally respond to my invitation. You're the infamous Emperor with an alias "Wings of Liberty" himself, is that correct correct? I'm king Quinn II of Inglia, and I've invited you here to personally discuss diplomatic cooperation regarding your message. Would you like get to the point now, or maybe take a tour around our magnificent planet?

It would not be a very good idea to make a habit of touring every planet, so I decided to just get to the point. I'm the one who is supposed to have the upper hand in everything.

"I'd prefer if we resolved the matter now, we can leave the pleasantries for later"

Quinn II: Very well. With your timely announcement, several other groups have also tried to seize the advantage, and make their own. Do you understand what this means?

"I've had thought about it. In the end, something like that would have been inevitable. I wouldn't have done so if there wasn't a serious reason for that. The amount of resonance through the galaxy only confirms I did the right thing"

Quinn II:Hm...very well, then. Perhaps I can trust you. My predecessor has been trying to maintain the status quo, but as it falls to me now, I see that is not possible anymore. Powers will consolidate around the galaxy, and planets that remain neutral will end up suffering the most. As such, I can't remain neutral anymore. Therefore, I'd like to ask for your protection, in exchange for letting us retain autonomy...

Autonomy, huh? If he already knows such cunning words, he might be just more than meets the eye. Not only it would mean that the planet would hardly be a part of the empire, at worst, it could mean that they can put the blame on us for things we do. But we're not slouches either!

"We can protect you, but as long as you act independently of us, you'll have to be judged independently of us as well."

After a bit of diplomatical manuevering and explanations, he decided to settle for it.
[close]

So, basically that was an introduction for a new character, Quinn II. He's just an inexperienced teenager, but he's already a king with his own imperialistic ambitions. He's likely to end up being a casualty of war meddling in my affairs, but looks can be deceiving...

Meanwhile on Ryuvia...
Spoiler

Asaga had just finished updating her blog. She was writing about the benefits Ryuvia has acquired from becoming a part of the Trinacrian Empire. Of course, it wouldn't be easy for her to check it herself, so she could only rely on approval ratings, and what the Ryuvian nobility and the local administration has told her, who were the ones to encourage her to do that. It was obviously propaganda, but if people are just eating it up so eagerly, would it really be our fault for giving them something to believe in? She enjoyed blogging, and it was just like writing another opinion to her.

All this time, Sola has been lost deep in thought - a natural state for her, considering her intelligence and position in court. She had lots of thinks to think of like her "origins", the Sunrider, her friend, and the new predicament. Sometimes she also spent time reading Asaga's blog, but nobody could really be sure what was on her mind.

And she'd probably continue this for months ago, if one day Asaga didn't come to deliver some urgent news.

Asaga:Hey! These ADF goons have apparently caught a prototype, and now they're inviting us to interrogate him since they didn't get anything! I don't know how much truth is in that, but we should totally go since then we'd find out what is that about! And if it's real, I'd bet we have more chances than them since we've already come into contact with them, one way or another!

Sola shrugged.She had already received the information on her instant messenger. She was thinking of going there by herself, but decided, that, perhaps, company wouldn't be so bad. And it's not as suspicious as her going places on her own.
And so, they prepared to depart for the orbit, where I was waiting for them...

[close]

Spoiler
Just the sighting of the merely supposedly the biggest and the most dangerous warship of the galaxy in the same orbit as the other one was highly controversial through the galaxy. To some that on it's own would be a sign that the galactic powers have finally decided to stop bickering and actuallly do something for everyone's good, but for others it would be a sign of doom and terror, as surely there would be no force in the galaxy capable of combatting THAT. I knew what that would entail, and yet I still consciously made the choice to bring it there, because, well why not? It seemed like it would be quite a blast. (hopefully not a literal one)

In spite of this, our landing has proceeded smoothly. I looked around, inspecting the disturbingly familiar interior, until I saw the "welcoming committee". Well, I just hope he does not act dumb and delay us, thought I while approaching Whalecow, Asaga and Sola beside me...

"Greetings, Whalecow. I'm surprised you actually gathered up the courage to stand up directly to me this time."

Whalecow:I wasn't really hiding. It's just that I.. too, have important duties to attend. I'm more surprised that you yourself have found time to show up here. Did you skimp up on some?

Trying not to fall behind, isn't he? I have a suspicion he's trying to delay me for some reason, but whatever. Even thought I'd started it, I'd actually prefer to have actual diplomatic negotiations, even if it's not so obvious.

"Or more like...I have more duties to do and I still have time to spare. See? I'm THAT much more efficient than you"

I noticed my delegation was looking kinda uneasy. Even though it was technicially three on one, they remained silent. And soon enough, before Whalecow could figure how to reply to that, another trio appeared. One I was mostly familiar with only in name. But the one member of it I knew was making me uneasy as well. Although I had more similiarity to Ava than Whalecow or Kayto would ever have, I don't think she'd want to be friends, especially after the ruckus one of my subjects has recently made on what was supposed to be a peaceful banquet...

And of course, the conflict came out nowhere..

Ava:(looking directly at me, angrily) What are you looking at?!

Even as an Emperor, that was sudden and shocked me. And the first thing I thought of was my spyglass, which I had left on! But, I wasn't even using THAT functionality! How unfair! And so I desperately attempted to say something in my defence.

"Whaaaa! Why do you think I'd want to look at you?!"

Unfortunately, that only made things worse. Immediately I had felt that the situation of "three on one" has turned on me instead as the rest of her family stared directly at me, while everyone else seemed lost and confused. Aside from Asaga, who seemed completely unafazed at all and tried to look back at them, but it was about as effective as their stare was on her.

The next few seconds were excurciatingly painful as I had thought this was about to REALLY escalate. But Ava just calmed down...

Ava:Um...looks like I mistook you for someone else. Excuse me...

And then she just walked right past us, with her family following, leaving everyone lost and confused, but especially Whalecow. As he tried to apologize for this, I just told him I'd prefer a more formal enviroment for diplomatic talks and asked him to lead us to where the captured Prototype was supposed to be.

I could tell he's been through a lot during this day, and maybe some before, which was disturbing and make me question who's the real monster here. Nevertheless I tried my best to keep believing that he deserved it, and all that means is that Prototypes are immensedly sophisticated and advanced bastards who are pretty much impossible to get information from. But with our unique relations to them, it could have been worth the try...

When he saw us, he seemed unafazed at all, and immediately began to speak.

Prototype:Emperor...we have a message for you. You shall meet our demands and not oppose us. Otherwise, you'll have to see how truly brittle your empire really is!

Asaga:Wanna see how brittle your skull is? No? Then talk normally, you stupid machine-freak!

Prototype:You are in no position to be so stuck up. It doesn't matter what you do with me, all you'll earn is the annihilation of your race.

"What exactly makes you say that? You've been beaten once before, why do you think you'd succeed now?"

Prototype:(smirks) Don't you see? Conditions are on their process to becoming ideal. Of course it would be easier without interference from the likes of you, but that doesn't mean it will actually accomplish anything.

"And maybe if you actually had explained and reasonable goals instead of attempting to destroy an entire solar system, people wouldn't be so keen in stopping you."

Prototype:We can tell when it becomes necessary for you to know such things. If you want to see our power...come to sector D-4. And bring all your "friends" with you.

Asaga:Sector D-4? Is that in Alliance space or something?

Prototype:We are not affilated with that Alliance of yours in any way, it is just an obstacle to crush, just like you! And you surely shall be next if you don't submit to us! You think you are special and can do anything?! It doesn't matter! Anyone can die, all of you will die!

"Ugh...I think it's pointless to talk to him further. If the previous interrogations proceeded like this as well, they might just waste our precious time to line up an ambush against us..."

Asaga:Alright, I guess we won't find anything unless we actually go to their territory. But, before that, I'd like to show him what I think of him. Here, take this! Fist of love!

Asaga's punch was so powerful it made an extremely loud metallic sound as the Prototype's body collided with a wall. He seemed to have survived that, but I doubt he'd last much longer at this rate.

Whalecow approached us on our way out, probably hoping that loud sound meant we have met at least some degree of success.

"Sector D-4 if you'd like to see their power, that's what I got. Do I get a reward?"

Whalecow:Would you really want to see their power?

"Probably not. It's likely a trap."

And with that, I had decided not to bother exploring the familiar interior anymore and just headed back to my very own Legion.
[close]

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #508 on: March 16, 2015, 04:24:21 am »
Okay, the EX is FINALLY done. lol. I'll remember them and then grade them now, and Endershadow can do the same with mine.

Spy: 9 prince, even though you never actually asked any QUESTIONS. lol.
KTKM: 9.5 moralist. I loved how you ate in front of the prototype and yet somehow still managed to show respect.

I also really liked Astral, York, and WL2's posts.

Given the lack of closure here, this being almost the complexity of a normal mission, I feel the need to close.
York and I have RP'd the last conversation between Whalecow and the CSF, so this is all done with his permission and inspiration.

----------
(Whalecow at last lets loose the sigh he had been holding in as the TISD Legion leaves the system, then hurries to the area where the Black Mamba still sits, repairs freshly completed.)

Whalecow: (thinks) That man is making it very difficult to respect him. And Asaga is so... different. Her blog, though... really well written. And Sola... Nayumi... I know you don't like it, but you won't do anything. You like Asaga too much to leave her. Are you afraid to confront her?

(Whalecow reaches the Mamba. Ava had just left, presumably to do some more paperwork. He notes York standing there looking mildly impatient while Chizuru scans every inch of the ship with a small, high-powered sensor.)

Whalecow: (thinks) ...Maybe you are. And if you are... what will you do, caught in that shear?)

(He files these thoughts away for later, along with his opinion of Trinacria. Bluebloods. Nothing but wanna-be bluebloods. He had seen enough of those to last ten lifetimes.)

York: (notices Whalecow walk up.) Hey, captain.

Whalecow: (nods) Admiral. (to Chizuru) Looking for something?

Chizuru: Just triple-checking your technician's work. You can't be too careful with space-going craft. If there is even the tiniest crack in the hull...

Whalecow: ...The entire crew is screwed over. I know. (to York) While we wait for mother to get done quintuple checking the paintjob, I have to ask what you got out of the prototype. You know... compare notes. That said, I'm afraid we got nothing.

York: All we got was that they think they are numerous and powerful enough to take any target. They seem to believe they are a threat to Cera.

Whalecow: They'll have to get through Us first, that's a promise.

Chizuru: ...We are aware. Just please don't do anything stupid and get yourself killed.

Whalecow: (smiles) Noted. How many times is it that you've told me this now?

Chizuru: I will keep telling you... until you listen. And it has been... several hundred times.

Whalecow: (laughs) I'm still young. Be prepared to do it a few thousand more.

York: Heh... Anyway, we didn't really get much else from that blue-haired asshole.

Whalecow: ...You gave him the fake punch, didn't you?

York: Perhaps.

Whalecow: And I'll bet he flinched too. The right hooks of Crescentias are legendary. Hahahahaha.

York: There WAS some flinching involved. Heheheheheh.

Chizuru: (interrupts them) Everything checks out. It seems Legion's technicians are at least as good as you say they are.

Whalecow: Naturally. Wish I had more to tell you about the prototypes.

Chizuru: ...It is alright. Come on, York. I have to quintuple check Cera's defense system ASAP.

York/Whalecow: (as Chizuru boards the Mamba) *sigh*.

York: (before he himself boards) Whalecow... the prototypes know about her. Your mother I mean. The one you have in your brig called her a witch.

Whalecow: (slightly taken aback) I see... (angered) The bloody hell does he know!?

York: I wish he would tell is just that... You can expect a full report on the prototype and recent intel on their movements in a report within 24 hours. For now... I suppose this is goodbye.

Whalecow: Goodbye, father. Stay safe.

(York smiles and gives an "in your dreams" face before heading up the ramp. The instant he does, the ramp goes up, the bay doors close, and the Black Mamba is off into the interstellar night. Whalecow stares out the hangar threshold atmosphere-retention field at it until it reaches Solaris, then he stares at that until it spools up the warp drive and at last disappears from view. All the while he is deep in thought.)

Velora: (on comm) Sir, we have received the report from the CSF.

Whalecow: Jeez, that was fast. (a thought strikes him.) Velora, where is the Tundaros System?

Velora: Hmm... searching... Ah! here it is. It is at the near dead-center of galactic sector D-4.

Whalecow: (thoughts) Hmph. The prototypes think to draw us into a trap. Fortunately... (lightly tosses the datapad with the Reaper data on it in the air and catches it when it comes back down) ...the ADF has... acquaintances... in high places.

Velora: Sir, what are you thinking?

Whalecow: The CSF has its defenses in place. Trinacria has begun rapidly expanding. Grey's Alliance is slowly growing in power. The situations of unaligned worlds grow worse with each passing day. The Havoc pirate group has been quite successful these past few weeks, and PACT has finally started to regain its constitution. And the ADF remains undermanned and outgunned.

Velora: Are you saying we aren't doing enough...sir?

Whalecow: I am saying the galaxy is a powder keg.

Velora: ...We are going to attack that convoy the Void mentioned, aren't we?

Whalecow: How did you know?

Velora: Tundaros seems a bit beyond our level right now, sir. It's time for a bit of... grinding. Plus, you mentioned a powder keg.

Whalecow: So?

Velora: Well, sir... I imagine you were about to ask me for a light.

Whalecow: Heh. You have good intuition, Velora. You a darcsen or something?

Velora: Hahahaha. Would explain the lack of surname. I actually get that a lot.

Whalecow: (surprised) really?

Velora: No. I believe you have another meeting to prepare for.

Whalecow: Ah, right. Damn it.

----------
All I got guys. Expect the next episode to begin probably on Wednesday, because that is the first free-time I really have. Thanks for everything!
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #509 on: March 19, 2015, 04:14:59 am »
I give you a 9 Moralist.

121 Guests, 2 Users