Author Topic: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread  (Read 171320 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #555 on: April 22, 2015, 01:04:38 pm »
You do lots of updating.

Yeah, I kinda realized my earlier writings were quite a mess... some of the characters were also a bit out of character, I guess I didn't get a complete solid idea back then.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Endershadow

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #556 on: April 22, 2015, 01:12:09 pm »
On a side note, it looks like we might have someone who could be an artist for the VN.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #557 on: April 23, 2015, 07:54:51 am »
On a side note, it looks like we might have someone who could be an artist for the VN.

Oh? Nice. Is it Nijiiru?
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Endershadow

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #558 on: April 23, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »
On a side note, it looks like we might have someone who could be an artist for the VN.

Oh? Nice. Is it Nijiiru?

Yes. Although, according to Whalecow, she might not be able to do it :(

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #559 on: April 23, 2015, 02:36:55 pm »
On a side note, it looks like we might have someone who could be an artist for the VN.

Oh? Nice. Is it Nijiiru?

Yes. Although, according to Whalecow, she might not be able to do it :(

Oh... well, no rush. Let's just enjoy the thread. :P

EDIT: Update on ships. Finally got to actually putting actual ship names on them after so long, lol.

http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=879.msg23610#msg23610

EDIT 2: Edited some of the early post again, it seems I missed one that needed fixing, particularly the one for the banquet, since some of my chars sounded OOC & some of the info are off, especially regarding the Talbur since it's of Ryuvian origin. Also edited Cosette's first mission since the early parts contain unnecessary comments. :P
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:50:04 pm by Astral »
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Admiral York Crescentia

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #560 on: May 02, 2015, 03:36:05 am »
Hey all. Sorry for being so late with my post. I would have an excuse but I have none other than me being lazy :P
Anyways, here it is! :3

D – 4 – Near Nielson’s Nebula – CICC Hurricane
Spoiler
*The CICC Hurricane was deployed near the Nielson’s Nebula due to odd energy signatures from within. After two weeks of patrols, they detect a massive energy spike….from weapon’s fire. The Hurricane’s Captain walks onto the CIC, taking his command position*

Tactical Officer: Captain on the Bridge.

Hurricane Captain: Status?

Sensors Officer: : Weapons fire coming from within the nebula, energy signatures are consistent with what we know of Alliance and Ryuvian weapons, Sir.

Hurricane Captain: What are Alliance and Ryuvian ships doing in uncharted space?

Science Officer: We put the sensor data through the database and found that the Ryuvian ships are in fact from the Ryuvian Empire time period.
However, the Alliance ships seem to be affiliated with the ADF, Sir. Possible Scouting Flotilla.

Hurricane Captain: We need to know what’s going on out there without putting ourselves at too much risk. Helm, bring us in closer to the battle. Engineering, shut down all non-essential systems and prepare for silent running when we approach the battle site. Sensors, scan the battle site for a better indication of where exactly the battle site is and monitor the battle itself. Science, find out why Ancient Ryuvian ships are here.

*Each station acknowledges their order and the Hurricane’s engines (silently?) roar to life as it moves towards the battle site in a semi-stealth mode.*

--- Half an Hour Later ---

*The Hurricane arrives just outside the combat zone and it looks like the Alliance-ADF ships are taking quite a beating, the bridge crew notices the celestial body, possibly a planet, nearby.*

Hurricane Captain: Well…I guess we’ve found our answer.

Tactical Officer: The ADF ships seem to be taking heavy casualties, should we assist?

Hurricane Captain: No, We cant risk giving our position away to the defenders, Hurricane is a good ship but im not sure that we would fare any better
than those ADF ships. Besides, I know that engine glow means that they’re about to warp out anyways.

Sensors Officer: Preliminary sensor data is coming in for our position in the nebula as well as for the Celestial body that we saw…

Science Officer: It looks like that there are some major structures on the surface and underground….Military Base perhaps?....no, too out of the way….Research base?...maybe but it seems to be too heavily defended for such a remote location…..a database…a library perhaps?!

Hurricane Captain: No sense second guessing, helm get us back out of here. I don’t want to overstay our welcome and have to deal with a Ryuvian Empire Welcoming Committee.

Helm Officer: : Aye, Setting course for previous position. Engage on your order, Sir.

Hurricane Captain: Warp!

The Hurricane disappears in a flash of light as it returns back to its patrol location.

Comms Officer: I imagine Vice Admiral Crescentia would like a report on what we saw, Sir, so I took the liberty of putting together a secure burst transmission destined for the Ashen Wing with the data that we have.

Hurricane Captain: Good…saves me some breath…Send it. Now we sit and wait, as is procedure….

Comms Officer: Sir, it will take several days before the transmission will reach the Ashen Wing.

Tactical Officer: ….So who’s dealing the cards, this time?

[close]

D – 1 - 2 weeks after the Quadrivium Incident
Spoiler
--- Black Mamba, just after leaving Legion ---

*The Black Mamba has just exited the Legion’s Hangar Bay and is headed back towards the Solaris, York and Chizuru are both on the Mamba’s bridge, when a message is being relayed from the Ashen Wing to the Mamba via a heavily encrypted frequency, rarely used.*

York(In a mock Computer voice): You’ve got mail…

Chizuru: Heh, I realize that. Thank you, random pop-up window….Message Playback, most recent.

*The Computer beeps in acknowledgement and the message from the CICC Hurricane starts its playback. Meanwhile, the data found by the ship is shown on the main screen. This information certainly intrigues Chizuru*

Chizuru: A library?...In a Nebula? Defended by Ancient Ryuvian Ships?

York: Sounds important. Makes sense, it’s out of the way. Makes it harder for your enemies to steal your secrets, normally….You aren’t planning on “investigating” that place like you always do with places like that?

Chizuru: *grins* What has given you that idea?...Yes, I am planning on going. I wonder about the technological possibilities such a place might have. You know that improving our ships and other technologies is on the Military’s highest priorities, right?

York: I know, I know….I just don’t like the idea of you going off into the Unknowns and possibly getting hurt.

Chizuru: And I know that you do not like that either. I will be careful, as usual.

York: Okay…

Chizuru: Oh, do not give me ‘that’…You ‘know’ that I do this for the same reasons that you do the things you do for the CSF.

York: Yeah…

Chizuru: Hmm….Well, the Ashen Wing would draw too much attention to CI…perhaps it will be better to use a…smaller vessel.

York: Like a Cruiser?

Chizuru: …Yes, or perhaps….a command cruiser. The Typhoon, it just completed its retrofits and shakedowns, correct?... She doesn’t wait for York to reply Comms, Please send a message to the CICC Typhoon to rendezvous with the Solaris once it returns to Ceran Space.

Mamba Comms Officer: Right away…

The Mamba approaches the Carnivorous Hangar bays of the Solaris and lands inside the Frigate Bay designated for it. The Solaris wastes no time as it warps away, heading for Ceran Space.

--- CSFD Solaris, Ceran Border Space ---

Some time later, the Solaris enters Ceran space, York and Chizuru once again on the CIC but now on the Solaris, instead of the Mamba

Comms Officer: Tethys Class Interdictor, “Venture,” is requesting CSF ID and Flag Validation codes.

York: Transmit them immediately, I don’t want to get shot in my home territory by my own people.

Comms Officer: I didn’t realize we could refuse… Noting that York had to give him an order to transmit the codes instead of just letting the Comms Officer transmit them automatically

Sensors Officer: New contact on sensors, one Typhoon class Command Cruiser.

Chizuru: It seems that my…”ride” is here.

York: Stay safe….please.

Chizuru: We go over this all the time but…I will.

*They smile at each other and go for a hug…but then they realize that they’re being watched by the entire bridge crew so they stop*

*Chizuru takes her leave from the CIC of the Solaris and heads back down to the Mamba. After board, the Mamba lifts off from the Flight Deck and transfers from the Solaris to the Typhoon.*

[close]

D – Day – CICC Typhoon – Somewhere near the Ceran border space
Spoiler
*With Chizuru having boarded the CICC Typhoon about 10 minutes ago, the Typhoon readies its stations for the ‘trip’ to Nielson’s Nebula and then to the Library system, to begin their investigation*

Tactical Officer: Director and Admiral on the Bridge.

Helm Officer: Coordinates for CICC Hurricane Rendezvous point are locked.

Chizuru: Engage, best possible speed. We can’t waste any time.

Helm Officer: Aye, Ma’am.

*The Typhoon speeds off into Warp*

Typhoon Captain: Ma’am, the 108th Ranger Paratrooper Regiment boarded the ship before we left. Their Major assures us that we will have their
support on the ground when we begin our investigation.

Chizuru: Good, I’ve heard a lot about the 108th, how they performed Guerilla warfare against PACT forces throughout the Ceran War to Maintain Sovereignty. Their help will certainly be useful.

Typhoon Captain If I may ask, what do you think we’ll find in this “Library”…if it is a library after all.

Chizuru: I do not know. History perhaps, definitely holobooks on technology and sciences. Intact Ryuvian Empire technology….automated defenses….many possibilities.

Typhoon Captain: The usual then.

Chizuru: Indeed…
[close]

D – Day – CICC Typhoon – Near Nielson’s Nebula(CICC Hurricane Meeting Point)
Spoiler
*After the Hurricane sent out its transmission to the Ashen Wing, standard CI procedure for investigations is for the investigating ship to meet with the ship which sent the transmission. The CICC Typhoon warps in and maneuvers itself to be parallel to the Hurricane. A transmission is opened between the two Command Cruisers.*

Chizuru: And how accurate is this information?

Hurricane Captain: Its only preliminary data, unfortunately. The defenders may prove to be troublesome. We had to stay hidden to keep the ship intact.

Chizuru: That is not much to go off of…hmm…Still, it would not hurt to perform a more thorough investigation if your scans are indeed correct. You may return to HQ, Hurricane. We can take it from here.

Hurricane Captain: Yes, Ma’am. Good luck.

* The Transmission between the two ships end and the Hurricane warps away. *

Chizuru(quietly): I feel much older when people begin to address me as “Ma’am” or “Madame”…*Out loud* Set course for the “Library System” and-

Sensors Officer: Sorry to interrupt but we have numerous contacts, a fleet, incoming at Warp Speed. Their Trajectory suggests that they’ll go right past us and towards the Library.

Chizuru: Can you give us more information about the identity of these contacts?

Science Officer: Their markings and designations are consistent with ADF ships. The Largest vessel in the formation and the flagship most likely, being the FSS Legion.

Chizuru: Those ADF Scouts did their job correctly, it seems. I wonder if they are here for the same reasons we are. Change of Orders. Shadow them until we reach the Library system. If they engage the defenders there then disengage stealth drives and assist them.

Helm Officer: Intercept and Shadow Course plotted.

Chizuru: Transit.
[close]

D – Day – CICC Typhoon – Nielson’s Nebula(Library System)
Spoiler
*With the Hurricane warping back to Ceran Space to resupply, the Typhoon enters the system without its support, witnessing the beginning of the space battle between the ADF Fleet and the Library system’s defense forces.*

Tactical: Disengaging Stealth Drives, Powering Up Weapons

Engineering: Shields Online, Reactors stable.

Helm: Moving to join their formation.

Chizuru: Try to limit our combat to long range. Comms, notify the Mamba to standby and prepare for Planetary Operations. Also notify the 108th to prepare a detachment for the mission.

Tactical: Plas.-Accel. Cannons are online and firing at will.

Comms: Notified.

*The Hurricane joins the ADF Fleet’s formation, using its powerful engines to quickly do so. The Plasma-Accelerator Gatling Cannons mounted on the ship, replacing the normal Savior based Gatling Cannons, begin to open fire on the System’s defenders. Since the Typhoon’s stealth profile makes it a difficult target to hit, it sustains minimal damage as the Fleet nears the planet*

*Once this happens, Chizuru boards the Mamba and the Surface battle now begins.* ((After Spy’s STEHL REIN lol))
[close]

D – Day – Library System Surface
Spoiler
*The Mamba exits the Hangar Bay of the Typhoon, headed for the surface. Before Chizuru had transferred her flag onboard the Typhoon, the 108th Ranger Paratrooper Regiment had transferred on board for this “Operation.” Two Platoons are on board the Mamba, one to defend the landing site and the other for breaching the Library itself.*

The Mamba lands at an LZ that is separate from the main ADF LZ. The reason for this is to secure the alternate entrance, draw some defenders away from the ADF forces. Another reason is to begin the investigations with less…distraction. The platoon designated to follow Chizuru into the library moves forward.

Chizuru: Interesting, the architecture is certainly Ryuvian…*The team approaches the entrance*

*They encounter part of the Library’s defense systems. They open fire and, needless to say, so do the Cerans. *

Chizuru: They are not a friendly bunch are they? *She unsheathes her blade and rushes forward into the thick of it *

Some time Later

*After making a hole in their defenses, Chizuru and her team make their way into the library, trying to dodge fire and study the Library and the technology (among other things) at the same time*

Chizuru: Corporal help me out with this… *She hands the corporal next to her a scanner and they both scan as much as they can*

*After some scanning…and lots of oil being spilled from the destroyed robots, Chizuru starts to hear something, deeper from within the library.*

??: (raising voice gradually) --- Well, let me tell you right now, that’s BULLSHIT!  If you crawl in the dust after them, you’re only playing into their hands. Now is the time to be sure for certain, Whalecow of Cera… (she gestures at the data cards.) Are you human… or are you Reaper?!

??: --- destroy these. --- trying to make --- solution for everyone. Not just humans… but ---.

??: --- don’t WANT your help! They don’t NEED your help! THEY DON’T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU!

*Chizuru tells the Platoon to return to the Mamba as she continues on. As she expects that those voices are from people she knows*

*Chizuru cuts through the defenders, doing her best to not get hit in the process*

Voice: Imperial technology is housed in repository 1 of 4. Scans show breach. Security at 79% integrity. 62%… 54%… 38%… 29%… 19%… 8%… Security has been nullified.

Velora(??): (Semi-Muffled) I think --- mom’s ---.

Ava(Semi-Muffled): You ---?

Guardian: (enters the room/muffled, cannot make out the words)

*Muffled Explosion*

Voice: *Muffled, Cannot make out the words*

Whalecow: *Less Muffled* --- power down, now.

Voice: *Less Muffled* Understood ---

Whalecow(Less muffled, gets louder and clearer as Chizuru gets closer to the source): We’ll have to ask Admiral Crescentia for that data when we see her. Knowing Mrs. Intel, she’s probably already done the same there as we did here.

(He turns to leave and ends up gun to forehead with a fourth droid.)

Whalecow: Well shit…

(Suddenly, a blade stabs through on the other side of the droid’s head and stops with the tip an inch from Whalecow’s head. The blade is removed and the droid falls to the ground, lifeless.)

Chizuru: (places her blade back in its sheath) …Greetings.

Whalecow: (picks up his own blade and sheathes it.) Sup?

Chizuru: An investigation. And you?

Whalecow: Same. We have all the data that was previously available here. And between the both of us, we should have what the ADF is here for.

Chizuru: Your technician has disabled the primary security for the hallways and central command spire.

Whalecow: Very well. Meet us at our landing zone in 10 so we can… consolidate our victory here.

Chizuru: … (she simply nods.)

(Whalecow does not notice, but instead wanders past her, Velora and Ava in his wake, absentmindedly.  There is yet much to think about.)
[close]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:42:34 am by Admiral York Crescentia »
Name: York Crescentia
Rank: Fleet Admiral(As of 3 Years after the Ceran Invasion)
Position: Cera Space Force/AEGIS, 1st Fleet Commanding Officer, CSFD Solaris (CN-CVDN-01)
Family Members: Chizuru Crescentia(Wife), Ava Crescentia(Daughter), Maximillian Crescentia(Brother/Deceased), Alice Henderson(Sister)

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #561 on: May 02, 2015, 09:30:30 am »
York finally posted! Now we can get the thread moving again. 8)

On a side note... Check out muh new font! Oh yeah! I will use this to indicate Void Language from now on.

Yeah, I got this new font & I used it on those monotone ### parts of my writings. Now it looks like real sci-fi writing. 8)
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Endershadow

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #562 on: May 02, 2015, 09:59:46 pm »
York finally posted! Now we can get the thread moving again. 8)

On a side note... Check out muh new font! Oh yeah! I will use this to indicate Void Language from now on.

Yeah, I got this new font & I used it on those monotone ### parts of my writings. Now it looks like real sci-fi writing. 8)

I just though I'd let you know that your text is readable if you quote it or change the font. Although you probably knew that already.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #563 on: May 02, 2015, 11:35:21 pm »
York finally posted! Now we can get the thread moving again. 8)

On a side note... Check out muh new font! Oh yeah! I will use this to indicate Void Language from now on.

Yeah, I got this new font & I used it on those monotone ### parts of my writings. Now it looks like real sci-fi writing. 8)

I just though I'd let you know that your text is readable if you quote it or change the font. Although you probably knew that already.

Yeah, I already knew that. So in cases where the text is suppose to be really cryptic, expect it to be completely unreadable even if you quote it, lol. :P
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Endershadow

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #564 on: May 03, 2015, 04:30:09 am »
York finally posted! Now we can get the thread moving again. 8)

On a side note... Check out muh new font! Oh yeah! I will use this to indicate Void Language from now on.

Yeah, I got this new font & I used it on those monotone ### parts of my writings. Now it looks like real sci-fi writing. 8)

I just though I'd let you know that your text is readable if you quote it or change the font. Although you probably knew that already.

Yeah, I already knew that. So in cases where the text is suppose to be really cryptic, expect it to be completely unreadable even if you quote it, lol. :P

Ok, got it.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #565 on: May 09, 2015, 09:34:08 pm »
Sadly, it's more of an interlude than a log this time, but I hope it's still fun and interesting to read. I feel like I pay too much attention to insignificant things, or is it too little?

Spoiler
Asaga was thinking of it yet again. It wasn't so long ago that she survived the fated suicide attack. Is that the reality of war? In her mind she compared the easy (for her) mercenary jobs she took, her vigilante activity, the war with PACT, Sunrider's destruction and the fated suicide attack. All of them could be easily explained by logic, but it would be impossible to know any of this was coming until it happened. Still, here she was, alive, and actually perhaps barely touched compared to what could have happened.

She thought about Chigara's handiwork, and the upgrades she gave to the Black Jack as her parting gift. It was part of what helped her survive that fateful encounter; Chigara was a genius. And yet it still was a barely functioning scrap heap by this day. According to the mechanics, who got to perform maintenance on it before that day, it was a rather a cheap and effective design at the same day. A breakthrough. It would be easy to repair it. But she still refused that to this day out of fear it would not be the same. Even as the Empire has started mass producing ryders of same design, she refused, preferring to pilot something larger, or stay onboard of the Legion with Wings. But when she got the offer to have a new design constructed specially for her, she couldn't resist...

Enough thinking about the past. Time to focus on the present. Surely soon she might peacefully reunite or even become comrades with the former crew of Sunrider again? She missed them all, besides maybe Ava. Ava's always been no fun, but it was understandable, and not so bad back then. Maybe she was traumatized as well, but at the rate things were going, Asaga did not think trying to talk to her would work anymore.

This sleepless night, she was switching to the radio frequencies, trying to catch something interesting. Oh yes, there were so many interesting things. But most of them of the same kind. With the modern technology so many forces over the world, there were certain ones who did not care about their security at all, and it was easy to eavesdrop on some private government secrets. Too easy, in fact. To the point most of it was just like useless noise. Luckily, technology has advanced just enough for it to be easier to sort out.

She was aware of a few Alliance-themed radio channels. And that's what she's been casually listening to lately, when she did not feel like doing other stuff, hoping to find a clue what exactly is going on there. But there wasn't that much difference since the supposed Prototype takeover. But most official channels were deliberately acting as if everything was normal and under control. Some others, however...simply stopped broadcasting. All at the different times after the takeover. She was listening to some of them right before this happened to them, and every time the broadcaster sounded nervous, wanting to say something important, only for radio spontaneously fade to static, with some noise that might suggest fighting beforehand. Not a single one of these channels got to actually deliver any information.

But today was her lucky day, it seemed. As she was switching frequencies, she caught the wind of something unusual:A relatively young disturbed male voice!


"Hello? This is Radio Free Alliance Three. We have been forced to relocate multiple times by some strange...well-equipped people, and we're here for now. Anyway, they've found us yet again, and now they're bombing this planet, THEY ARE BOMBING US! Just because it's a haven for dissidents like us. Can you imagine it? They aren't even flying Alliance military colours so I don't know if this is actually the third coming of PACT or something, but I'd imagine we'd know by now if this was a declaration of war. Yes, we don't know what exactly is going on! Anyway, if you happen to be listening to this, you must have a reason and you know where we are, and maybe you have the power so please, stop this nonsense! We're now going to hide. Just don't forget that we have multiple cells all over the Alliance space!"

Someone needs help! But where exactly would be that located again? Time to do some research?


[close]

Spoiler
Before she could decide what to do, the huge screem in the command room flashed. There was an incoming transmission. But the sender wasn't identified? Who could it be? Perhaps the reapers? Oh well. "Go, go, go!" - that was her voice command to tell the computer to proceed with things, like playing recorded messages.

A tall male figure whose features couldn't be made out at all, has appeared on the holoprojector. And immediately began to speak in some...childish and prideful voice. Not fitting at all for the figure. But rather fitting for the message it had to deliver.


"You fool. Did you really think that killing Cosette would help your cause? Well, then think again! Unlike your stupid "government", we're a true brotherhood, and we shall stand as long as one of us remains! Another Cosette shall rise, and she'll unleash true Havoc on your stupid heads! We might as well completely dismantle that country of yours, and what can you do? Chase us across the whole galaxy? I suggest you learn how the world truly works before you start such hunts, and get back to working to save your own damn skin than trying to rule your people, cause it seems that's what you're trying to do anyway!"

She clenched her fists in anger as the image disappeared. Just who the hell did they think they were? To challenge THE highest ranked ryder pilot in the galaxy in popularity, and style, and deadliness? When she has the second ranked one working right under her? Sola had to see that...

Sola clearly was still awake in her room, and not sleepy at all, as Asaga carefully entered it, her anger having subsided as quickly as it riled up.


Asaga:Hey. You have to hear this. These damn pirates have sent me a threatening message for what I did! And it's nothing like one would expect from reasonable people either. Can you imagine that?!

Sola started feeling kinda sleepy at this point, but she decided to shrug it off. If she couldn't sleep before, how would she manage to do it now that she actually had something to do? She got dressed, and came after Asaga to watch the message.

After having listened to all which the mysterious figure had to offer she just narrowed her eyes and said:


Sola:They are wrong.

Asaga:Sheesh, are they now?! They are taunting me to do the same thing I did to their base again. What the hell is up with this? Are you going to say it's someone else?

Sola:No. Havoc is a newly formed pirate group formed in the memory of Cosette Cosmos, or so I heard. It had to be them. They are trying to taunt you. Truth is, continuing at this rate won't actually take you anywhere. They'll just spread more propaganda about your bloodlust and it'll seem more believeable with you going around destroying supposedly "pirate" bases, some of which are semi-legal in certain sectors.

Asaga:So is there no good way to deal with them in that case?

Sola:There is. As I said, they are wrong. They may say whatever they want, but nobody is like that mythical creature which grows two new heads after you cut one off. Truth is, they might have multiple heads, spare ones...but if you try really hard enough, eventually you'll get them all off. And that doesn't mean you have to nuke everything to be efficient. The Empire, by the way...(Asaga's interest pumped up at hearing this, knowing which Empire exactly she is talking about) it has only one head. Cut it off and it just wouldn't be the same.

Asaga:What? But why?

Sola:New heads don't just appear out of nowhere. Everything needs time to settle in. Things might go good for a new order, but unless there's a good foundation laid for it, it'll easily collapse.
Organized piracy seems to have been in place for a very long time since the death of the Ryuvian Empire. But it still isn't immortal. As the Ryuvian Empire fell into decline in spite of reaching peak prosperity, so shall they. But let us hope they won't have to reach it for that to happen.

Asaga:I see...anyway, there are finally some new things for us to take care of. I found another clue to what might be happening with the Alliance. You think it's worth it?

Sola thought about it for a bit before finally giving the answer...


[close]

Offline Whalecow

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #566 on: May 09, 2015, 06:05:11 pm »
I suppose I'd better finish the main chapter body so Astral can do whatever he had planned for us.

----------
Asaga:I see...anyway, there are finally some new things for us to take care of. I found another clue to what might be happening with the Alliance. You think it's worth it?

Sola thought about it for a bit before finally giving the answer...

Sola: (feeling like she is in someone else's life, as has been her wont lately) If the innocent are hurting, they must be saved. You may also be interested to know... (she absentmindedly places a hand on her forehead)

Asaga: Sola! A-are you okay!?

Sola: Y-yes... that is my name, isn't it?

Asaga: ...

Sola: I have heard through mostly reliable sources that Havoc... very occasionally... does work for The Alliance For The Defense Of Freedom.

(At this, Asaga starts on a fresh rant. Sola tries to hang on for the first few increasingly angry minutes, but then her attention seems to blur, and she knows it is time to put her plan into action. She has no trouble with exposing the working relationship between Havoc and the ADF. It is not like she is able to recognize anyone as a friend anymore...)

----------
-Asteroid Field-

(All goes according to plan with few slip-ups. A transport is disabled and captured, the escort ships destroyed. A battalion from Legion had used the transport to catch up to the convoy and take a second transport, which they had then used to follow the first out. Havoc then warped in and annihilated what was left of the fleet. In the end, two transports were captured, and the Alliance fleet would not be arriving at its destination.)

Helmsman: The cargo has been secured. However, it looks like they managed to get a distress call out before we could jam them.

KTKM: Good enough comrade, as long as we have the money and the merchandise.

Helmsman: Sir... Mr. Switchblade is already demanding that dinner with Lieutenant Commander Shields.

KTKM: Tell him to make with "the holding of the horses", at least until we have the cargo loaded in our Kitakami.

Helmsman: Aye, sir...

KTKM: Something else the matter?

Helmsman: You think we will get in trouble for asking for too much money from Central?

KTKM: You're talking like this is still Soyuz, comrade. I assume you mean Legion. If so, I can assure you that any trouble we come into will be the minimum.

Helmsman: We still shouldn't be too needy or take advantage.

KTKM: What are you saying, Mr. Helmsman? You do not like my "style"?

Helmsman: All I am saying is that I have trouble with taking food from the mouths of widows and orphans.

KTKM: I don't like doing so either, but it's just credits you know, not what keeps them alive.

Helmsman: I was about to say the same to you, comrade.

(All thought of further speech is lost as the cargo ships begin docking and the unloading begins.)

(Suddenly, KTKM receives a transmission on the analog TV screen. He leaves the room with a smile on his face.)

Helmsman: Sir?

KTKM: Good news, comrade. Serena is coming.

(The Helmsman merely nods, unsure if he should be happy or worried.)

----------
-The Library-

(The combined ADF and CI forces, along with Nemesis, make their way through the facility, gradually spreading out as Cosette and Nemesis join Ceran Intelligence to the east and the ADF takes the south. Over the course of the steady advance through the maze of stairways and corridors, everyone becomes separated in groups of 2 or 3, slow converging on their objective.)

Whalecow: Rragh! (Whalecow splits the last security drone down the middle, and it falls to the floor in two halves.)

Ava: (calls out from a side corridor) Captain! In here!

(Whalecow, assuming Ava is in danger of some kind, rushes to see what's wrong. He finds himself in an empty room. Ava presses the button to close the door.)

Whalecow: What's wrong, XO?

Ava: This is the most quiet I've had in a good long while. I have been thinking.

Whalecow: A dangerous pastime...

Ava: I know.

(At this, Whalecow chuckles a bit.)

Ava: What?

Whalecow: Ever watch Beauty and the Beast?

Ava: Um... no?

Whalecow: Forget it. What's up? Truthfully, I've been wondering about your reasons for disliking my dealings with the Void.

Ava: I actually received this report as we were coming down to the planet's surface. I read it right away, as I had at least 5 minutes of free time and it was short.

Whalecow: (takes the datapad she had been holding out to him) You're a wonderful person, Ave-ster.

Ava: ...Thank you sir. (She doesn't roll her eyes this time. It must be serious.)

Whalecow: Now, let's see what this is all about...

(He looks down at the pad and the slight grin he had had vanishes. On the screen is the formatting the ADF uses in standard disaster reports. The subject line reads, in large, capital and bolded letters... METROPOLIS POST-DISASTER REPORT.)

Whalecow: ...Well bloody shit...

----------
-Control Spire-

(Ender finishes uploading the virus to the defense grid. All across the facility, the defenses power down. Laplace taps him on the shoulder.)

Ender: (turning around) What is it, Laplace?

Laplace: (holds up a chip) I have found sone potential upgrades that are compatible with my own system given some work. I would greatly appreciate it if you could find the time to do this for me at your earliest convenience.

Ender: Yeah, sure. As soon as we get back to Legion, we'll get started on that.

Laplace: Thank you, sir. (Her right eye begins to glow blue and a hologram projector activates, showing a 3-D model of Nozomi, and playing a message which the rest of the ADF in the facility is probably also seeing and/or hearing.) A message from Legion.

Nozomi (hologram): Attention all friendly forces on the surface, we have detected five automated dreadnoughts heading our way from a nearby asteroid field! Whatever you did down there, it made them really mad up here. Hurry back as soon as possible and- (Her hologram shakes and she falls to the ground, getting to her knees in an instant.) To hell with preparation! Fire vanguard cannon! (The transmission cuts off as the Ryuvian dreadnoughts begin jamming the transmissions.)

Ender: Guess it's time to go. Back to the pod, then!

----------
-Landing zone-

(Spy stops just short of the landing zone when he finds Whalecow and Ava already there. Velora, without halting, walks past him and hands Whalecow the datacards they had retrieved. Information on Ryuvian art and other cultural crap he didn't care for. A waste of time, it would seem.)

Spy: Slacking off?

Whalecow: Perhaps...

Straken: (walks up from behind Spy) What the hell does that mean?

Ava: (answers for him) Absolutely nothing. Now get everyone together. We're leaving this hell-hole behind.

Cosette: (comes from the other side of the chamber, Nemesis in tow.) I heard that! Let's get our asses outta here!

Whalecow: (looks at Cosette oddly for a moment, just long enough for her to notice.) Where is Admiral Crescentia?

Cosette: She's got her own ride, momma's boy.

Whalecow: (ignores the burn) Good. She'll have to give us what data she found when we're not trapped in an ancient ruin that could go up in flames any second.

Spy: Everything seems safe to me.

Computer: Warning, milady, the security of this facility has been compromised and a scorched earth policy is in effect. Please evacuate immediately.

(As the computer finishes this statement, the facility shakes with the first shots from an enemy Nightmare ryder.)

Spy: Who is milady?

Whalecow: Me. And keep your mouth shut until we're outta here.

Spy: Okay, okay. I hear and obey, "milady". (snickers)

Whalecow: (eyes narrowed) Get on the bloody dropship.

Nemesis: I will cover you from outside. (She prepares to transform into ryder mode.)

Whalecow: You do that.

(They all get into the transport except for Nemesis and Cosette, who snap into action to escort the dropships out. They leave shortly before a dreadnought in orbit pumps its spinal cannon into the facility and it goes up in flames.)

----------
-Legion Hangar Bay.-

(As he gets off the dropship, Whalecow practically shouts into his comm to get Legion out of there, and head toward emergency rendezvous point number 14, as it's nearby.)

Nozomi: (comm) Ah, yes captain!

(It is chaos as everyone struggles to get back onto their ships if they are piloting ryders, and the ADF group in the hangar can only guess by a lurching of the ship's deck when exactly they go to warp.)

----------
-Royal Hangar, Ryuvia Prime. Palace. A few hours later.-

Asaga: Sola! SOLA! Sollllllaaaaaa?

(No reply. Asaga had gone over every inch of the palace, looking for Sola. This was the last place she'd looked. She is about to leave, but then realizes that Seraphim is gone.)

Asaga: What the hell...?

(And then she realizes what must have happened. Her right eye glows brilliantly blue.)

Asaga: The ADF. I am going to march right onto Legion... and make that bastard pay for stealing my friend...

----------
Okay, that's all I have for now. We will do whatever Astral has planned. I had planned to continue with Asaga at the end of the chapter, so WL2 does not have to do anything at the moment. Thanks!
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #567 on: May 15, 2015, 03:25:00 pm »
Right, well this took longer than I expected... With all the delays & whatnot... Anyways, on with the story!

P.S. This is half-improv, so there you go. Also, I decided to just make Nemesis's age obscure. Cosette doesn't really know because she never asked, plus she doesn't really care since it's not important. Cosette's age still remains a mystery as well. lol. :P

===================================================================================
Part 1: The Escape
Spoiler
Location: Nielson's Nebula, Ancient Ryuvian Library, Landing Zone
Time: Present Time

Spy stops just short of the landing zone when he finds Whalecow and Ava already there. Velora, without halting, walks past him and hands Whalecow the datacards they had retrieved. Information on Ryuvian art and other cultural crap he didn't care for. A waste of time, it would seem.

Spy: Slacking off?
Whalecow: Perhaps...
Straken: (walks up from behind Spy) What the hell does that mean?
Ava: (answers for him) Absolutely nothing. Now get everyone together. We're leaving this hell-hole behind.
Cosette: (comes from the other side of the chamber, Nemesis in tow.) I heard that! Let's get our asses outta here!
Whalecow: (looks at Cosette oddly for a moment, just long enough for her to notice.) Where is Admiral Crescentia?
Cosette: She's got her own ride, momma's boy.
Whalecow: (ignores the burn) Good. She'll have to give us what data she found when we're not trapped in an ancient ruin that could go up in flames any second.
Spy: Everything seems safe to me.
Computer: Warning, milady, the security of this facility has been compromised and a scorched earth policy is in effect. Please evacuate immediately.

Play this song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVHrh1tnBkM

As the computer finishes this statement, the facility shakes with the first shots from an enemy Nightmare ryder. Outside, a squadron of Nightmare ryders fires volley after volley of every weapon in their arsenal towards the library.

Spy: Who is milady?
Whalecow: Me. And keep your mouth shut until we're outta here.
Spy: Okay, okay. I hear and obey, "milady". (snickers)
Whalecow: (eyes narrowed) Just get on the bloody dropship.
Nemesis: I will cover you from outside. (She runs off towards the other entrance where her second warmech platform is, Cosette in tow.)
Cosette: Let's pummel some rust buckets. (follows Nemesis)
Whalecow: You do that. (runs towards the dropship)

Cosette & Nemesis quickly reached their previous entry point & both jumped into the warmech. Cosette entered the cockpit & Nemesis entered from her own slot & integrates with her 2nd platform. They wasted no time & launched from the ground, a few seconds later the facility went up in flames as a Ryuvian Dreadnought pumped it's spinal cannon on the facility, turning it into a pile of ruble in seconds. The radar instantly detects multiple hostiles around the area. It seems the security is now really pissed, & is determined to destroy everything in the area, most likely to prevent any data loss via complete termination, while at the same time ensuring no hostiles escaped. Nemesis's cloak was still active & they fly towards the dropship group to escort them out the atmosphere. 2 Nightmare ryders attempts to destroy the dropships & Cosette & Nemesis wasted no time in intercepting them. There was a clash & spark as Nemesis's chain blades & the Nightmare's vibro-blade made contact. Nemesis then shot her left shoulder mounted 3-linked vulcans at the other Nightmare ryder, drawing its attention. They then engage in high-speed combat while the dropships escape. It was like that for the duration of the trip, Nemesis & Cosette intercepting any ryder attempting to get close to the dropships while the dropships provide covering fire as well as dealing with the occasional small drones at their front. They made it safely through orbit & immediately regrouped with the main fleet.

Location: Legion, Hangar Bay 1

Whalecow: (exits the dropship as soon as it landed on Legion's hangar, it was chaotic outside) Get everyone back to their ships & warp immediately to emergency RZ point 14! Contact the CI & KTKM as well! Take us to the RZ point as soon as everyone returns to the hangars! I don't want to join the space junk group out there! (makes way to the bridge, wasting no time)
Nozomi: [comms] Ah, yes Captain!

The other units outside wasted no time & regrouped with their main ships. It was a struggle for the ryder pilots as they make way to the hangars while the enemy is firing on them. But they nonetheless made it.

Spy: (gets out of the dropship, contacts Lucca) Lucca, we have our orders. Get the Sanguinem to emergency RZ point 14 ASAP.
Lucca: [comms] Aye, Captain!
Spy: (looks around) Where's Cosette & the lady that was with her? Nemesis was it?
Straken: I believe she's still outside, sir. She seems to be covering the others while they retreat to the hangars.

They looked at one of the feeds that showed the battle outside. They faintly notice a black warmech weaving through the enemy Nightmare ryder before cleaving one of its arm off, then kicks it away before firing cluster missiles at it. Cosette was doing her part well, in fact, very well. Her skills has improved greatly while in her absence it seems.

Straken: ...That's some serious piloting skills...
Spy: (lights a cigar, then takes a puff) It seems she hasn't been slacking off while she was gone...

Outside, after Cosette disposed of the last Nightmare ryder that's close to them, she took a quick scan around. After Nemesis confirmed that most of the other surviving units made it back to the hangars, she wasted no time & followed suit. Nemesis landed swiftly at Legion's hangar, then proceeds to walk to an empty dock where Cosette pointed her to. Nemesis's chain blades dematerialized & her shoulder mounted vulcans deactivated & put on stand-by, it retracted & pointed a bit upwards in a stand-by compact position. Her wings folded & she docks herself at the dock, the safety gate closes in front of her & she & Cosette exits the warmech.

Cosette: (jumps down swiftly from the exit platform with nimble movements as if she's used to it, not bothering to use the stairs, she made it to the ground in record time, she contacts the bridge) [comms] Everyone's in! Let's get out of this hell hole!
Nemesis: (jumps off in one go & landed on the ground immediately, next to Cosette, she then looks at the hangar doors) It seems the last of the allied units has returned.

Location: Legion, Bridge

Whalecow made it to the bridge quickly, just in time to receive the transmission from Cosette saying all units were accounted for.

Crew: Sir! Warp drive spooled & ready! We are ready to warp at your command!
CIC: The CICC Hurricane has also received our contact! They are warping out to the RZ as we speak!

Legion shook again as one of the enemy Dreadnoughts fires at it. It seems they have overstayed their welcome too much, & the security is pissed.

Whalecow: Get us out of here!

There was an affirmative "yes, sir!", as the Legion's warp drive activates & they warped out of the Nebula towards the RZ.

Note: Stop music here.

[close]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 2: Out of the Frying Pan
Spoiler
Location: Legion
Time: Present
ETA to RZ: 5 hours

Whalecow collapsed on his chair, the first time in weeks, & breathe a long sigh. There were a few scratches on him, & his body felt a bit stiff. There was some robotic fluids on him from the carnage earlier.

Whalecow: CIC, can we get an estimation on when we will arrive at the RZ?
CIC: We'll arrive within 5 hours, sir.
Whalecow: (looks around, the crew looked a bit tired, perhaps the tension from earlier was starting to drain, & everyone was feeling the fatigue & exhaustion catching up to them)
Nozomi: (still looking at the bridge, she looks a bit tired)
Whalecow: You should get some rest.
Nozomi: (looks at him & put her hands on her hips) I think that's my line, daddy. You look like you've just exit a warzone.
Whalecow: Well, we encountered more resistance then we thought down there... & a lot of other things...
Nozomi: All the more reason you should rest.
Whalecow: I'll put the next shift in. The current shift can take this time to rest. That means you as well. Now back to your room.
Nozomi: (looks at him with a pout)
Whalecow: And yes, I'll get some rest. As soon as I find Ava. (looks around) Where is she anyway?
Soldier: (he was one of the soldiers that followed him to the bridge) I think she mentioned that she needs to file those reports.
Whalecow: *sigh*... (gets up from his chair) I guess I'll knock some sense into her head. Good work everyone, get some rest while we have the time. (exits the bridge to take a quick shower & change clothes before looking for Ava, he wasn't in the best state right now)

Location: Hangar Bay 1

Cosette was busy taking out her "luggage", which was more like a trunk filled with her "loot" from her expeditions. The only other thing she brought back with her are the clothes she's wearing, she returned the weapons & the power armor she borrowed. The crew was busy around the hangars, but some couldn't help but stop & stare. Cosette's return was completely unexpected, after 3 months everyone assumed she was dead. But here she is now, alive & seemingly well, besides the fluids that's covering her clothes, which her clothes seems to clean itself automatically. That was another point that drew some attention, her clothes was not what she used to wear. Heck, none of them knows where she's been all this time, or how she's still alive for that matter.

Cosette: (carries her trunk) Damn this thing's heavy! oof. (puts it down in front of a crate near Nemesis's warmech foot, she then sits down)
Nemesis: (carries the other trunk & puts it besides the first one, she then sits next to Cosette)
Cosette: (looks around the hangar) [mumbles] ...So I'm finally back, huh...

Cosette looks around. She spot Ender in the distance, he looks tired, yet he was still typing at high speeds into his datapad while sitting on a crate. There was an android besides him, she didn't know who the android is, she'll probably just ask Ender about it later.

Spy: (approached Cosette) Well, I never expected you to come back here in one piece. You really are too annoying to die. (smirks)
Cosette: (glares at him) That's the first thing you say, huh? Typical, it seems your still an asshole in the 3 months I left.
Spy: Ah, I missed our little ball of rage. Good to have you back.
Cosette: (grins) I didn't know I was missed. Did little Spy got lonely?
Spy: Shut it. (looks at Nemesis) And... this is Nemesis I presume?
Nemesis: (looks at him) Greetings. You are one of Cosette's friends I presume?
Cosette: (eyes Spy closely while pretending to check her new toys)
Spy: (glanced at Cosette with a teasing smirk) Friends, huuuuh? Why yes, yes I am. I don't really have a name, but you may call me Handsome Jack! (poses elegantly)
Cosette: (looks at him with a "wtf" expression)
Nemesis: [with a straight expression] Acknowledged. Nice to meet you, "Handsome Jack". (there was a snicker from a few engineers nearby)
Spy: (froze, that was more embarrassing than he thought) On second thought, just call me Spy. (straightens his posture, his face slightly red, he cleared his throat to shook it off)
Cosette: (tries to hide her laughter & fails miserably)
Nemesis: (nods) Nice to meet you, Spy.
Spy: (looks at Cosette) Aw, shut up. (looks back at Nemesis with a more serious expression) Anyways, I'm not the captain of this ship, but I suppose I should welcome you. (narrows his eyes slightly) Though please refrain from doing anything... "funny", if you catch my drift.
Nemesis: (looks at Spy back) ..........
Spy: As long as you do that, I'll leave you be-- (felt a sudden pain in his left shin) OW! (holds his left leg, he glares at Cosette)
Cosette: [deadpan] Oops. My leg slipped.
Spy: (points an accusing finger at her) How can you slip when your sitting on a crate!?
Cosette: (looks at him with a "I don't care" expression)
Spy: Grrrrrrr.... meh, anyways, I'll be heading to the bar. Got a few hours till we arrived, might as well get something to drink. We'll catch up later, Cosette. You as well, miss Nemesis.

With that, Spy left for the bar. Cosette just gave a small nod after Spy turned his back & looks inside her weapons trunk. Moving them to her room will take a while.

Location: First Officer's Room

Ava was at the table, doing paperwork as usual. She had done so as soon as they returned, ignoring the fatigue & exhaustion that's catching up to her after the expedition on the surface. She merely took a quick shower & put on clean clothes before moving to her desk to work on filing reports. It was a dangerous expedition, luckily she only suffered minor cuts & a few bruises. Velora had it worse, but she's now recovering in the medical wing, & it seems the injury wasn't serious at least. Her mind drifted towards many things as she filed the reports, but then it was interrupted as he doorbell rang.

Ava: (raised an eyebrow, then walks to the door to open it, Whalecow stood before her, he wasn't in the best of states she could tell, he looks tired) Is there anything you need, Captain?
Whalecow: (looks at Ava, he was right it seems, she doesn't look like she's had any rest in a while) Just checking up on my first officer. Are you still filing reports?
Ava: ...Just the usual. I'll be done in an hour or two.
Whalecow: I think it would be better if you use that time to rest. When was the last time you've had any decent rest?
Ava: In case you haven't noticed, Captain, you're not in the best of state either.
Whalecow: (crossed his arms & looks at her)
Ava: I'll rest after I finish the report.
Whalecow: No, I say you rest now. We got 5 hours until we arrive at the RZ. We'll be busy again by then so you should rest while you can.
Ava: (frowns very slightly, which Whalecow took notice of) Is that an order, Captain?
Whalecow: (frowns) Ava...
Ava: (looks a bit guilty) I'm sorry, I just... *sigh*... I got a lot on my mind... just wanted to divert my attention elsewhere.
Whalecow: By working yourself to death?
Ava: (looks to the side)
Whalecow: Look, we're all tired. It's been a long & hard day for us.
Ava: *sigh*... I guess so... (lets the tension drain from her, it was clear now that she was exhausted, she looks at him) Well, come in. Or do you prefer to stand in the doorway all day?
Whalecow: I'll take you up on your offer then. (walks inside)
Ava: (prepared some tea as Whalecow took a seat) How's Velora?
Whalecow: She's recovering well, but she was clearly exhausted. She fell asleep like a log after her treatment was done.

Ava poured both of them some tea & took a seat besides him on the couch. They just sit there, discussing about recent events, & a few other things. After a few moments neither of them remembered what happened, as both fell asleep on the couch leaning on each other after the fatigue finally did it's toll.
[close]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 3: Brief Moment of Calm
Spoiler
Location: RZ point 14, Sector 86E
Time: 5 hours later, Present

Legion warps out, along with the rest of the ADF fleet. 1 hour later, Kitakami joined the formation, along with Havoc, apparently finished from their mission. At the bridge, the crew were receiving the updates from the other ships present as well as Kitakami.

CIC: Sir, the Kitakami reports that the mission is a success. Also, there is also a request from the captain. He wish to speak with you later.
Whalecow: Right. I'll be sure to talk to him later. (looks to the side where Ava is, their eyes make contact, he quickly avert his eyes elsewhere)
Ava: (quickly looks elsewhere after she made eye contact with him, then tries to busy herself by reading the report, her face red ever so slightly, luckily no one noticed)
Ender: (raises an eyebrow at them, but then goes back to looking at his datapad)
Whalecow: Ahem... Uh, send a transmission to the CICC Typhoon. I need to talk to Admiral Crecentia about those datacards, now that we're in a safe place.
CIC: Roger, contacting now.

Location: Legion, Hangar Bay 1
Time: Present

Nemesis was still at the hangars, sitting on a crate next to her warmech frame. She was running assessments & other computations about their previous mission at the library, running all the records & making calculations on many things, including databases about enemies. There are countless ways a Cyberlon can improve themselves, processing data about encounters is one of the many ways to do so. As she was finished processing all data in record time, she suddenly "felt" a wave in her senses. It was some kind of signal, her head snapped towards the direction of the hangar doors. She recognized this signal, it was a distress call. But there was 2 of them. One she recognizes, the other is foreign. It only lasted for a brief second, but she got enough data to process them.

Nemesis: (looks sharp & begins processing additional computations at lightning speeds, trying to pin-point the source & determine its type)
Cosette: (looks at her after she finished running inventory on her new weapons) Something up?
Nemesis: (finished running the processes) Signals received. 2 signals detected.
Cosette: (snaps into alert) What? Where is it coming from?
Nemesis: A nearby location. There are 2 signals emitting from the same location. I only caught it for a moment, but it is there. I recognize one of them in the database, the other is foreign.

Cosette already knows that this wasn't some fluke, she knows what it means if Nemesis recognized one of the signals. She owed her people a lot, now was her chance to repay some of her debts, she contacts the bridge immediately.

Location: Legion, Bridge

Whalecow: (frowns a bit when his talk was interrupted) What is it Cosette, I'm talking to the Admiral here.
Cosette: [comms] Can it, momma's boy. This is important. Nemesis caught something, somewhere in a nearby sector she said.
Whalecow: (ignores the snark) Right, your new friend. We'll also have to talk about that later. What is it that she caught?
Cosette: [comms] Some kind of signal, 2 of them in the same location. She says she vaguely recognized one of them & the other is foreign. But she didn't really have much more to go on as it was only for a brief second.
Whalecow: "Some kind of signal" is a bit vague. Elaborate.
Cosette: [comms] Oh for the love of-- JUST CHECK YOUR GODDAMN SENSORS! THIS COULD BE AN EMERGENCY!
Whalecow: (looks at Chizuru) Sorry, I need to do something real quick.
Ava: (raises an eyebrow)
Chizuru: [holo] (nods)
Whalecow: Sensors, put radar at maximum.
Sensors: Aye captain.

The sensors were put to maximum, & within less than half a minute, 2 signals was detected on a nearby sector. 1 was very brief, before it disappeared completely, the other was constant & blaring. The sensors didn't seem to pick up the 1st one as it was only for a split second, but Whalecow noticed, just barely.

Whalecow: What was that?
Sensors: What was what?
Whalecow: I thought I saw a first signal on the radar.
Sensors: (looks at the radar) Huh... I don't see anything.
Ava: Do a check on it, just in case.
Sensors: (runs a check) ...Still nothing. But the signal we detect is from a neutral affiliation. Could be freelancers or PMC's. Or maybe ships from the Neutral Rim. It's a distress signal. Location is sector 88F.
Ender: (raises an eyebrow) Sector 88F is the borders of uncharted space, it's unexplored & could even be dangerous. What is anyone doing out there anyway?
Whalecow: (thinks) ...Cosette said that Nemesis recognized one of the signals, somew... & the other foreign... Assuming where she's coming from...
Sensors: (caught another blare of signal, it was identical from the first) Sir! We caught another signal in the same location! This one is completely unknown in any database we have!
Whalecow: It seems we have trouble.
Ava: Wait, sir. The other signal is completely unknown. We might dive straight into a hellstorm if we go there now.
Whalecow: You're suggesting we leave those people?
Ava: I'm suggesting we proceed with caution. Instead of warping straight into the middle of a possibly gigantic firefight, we should warp in at the edge to see what's really going on before attempting anything reckless. And the notion of anyone being way out there is highly suspicious as well. What are they even doing out there?

Location: Hangar Bay 1

Cosette: (opens a nearby console & put the data in her materialized codex, one of the signals looks kinda familiar to her, she then shows it to Nemesis) Recognize this?
Nemesis: (looks at the data & process them in an instant, she looks at Cosette) One is from an independent colony I recognize. The other seems to be human signatures, from where I do not know.
Cosette: Human signatures huh... The hell are they doing so far out... But the other one is from an independent colony? Could be related to her people if she knows about it. (contacts the bridge, she heard arguing) What the-- Oi! We need to move, now! There's trouble at a nearby sector!

Location: Bridge

Ava: Cosette, we still don't even know what the other signal is.
Cosette: [comms] I told you, Nemesis recognized it. She says the other one is human but from where is unknown. I don't know about you lot, but I'm going there!
Whalecow: Enough! We'll go there, & see what's going on. If someone is indeed in need of our help we need to assist.

With that, the ADF fleet prepares to travel to the sector. Whalecow asks what Chizuru will do, & her answer was to hold position until they return. Whalecow merely gave a nod & the ADF fleet warps out to the target sector. They were about to witness a battlefield on a large scale.
[close]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 4: Into the Fire-storm
Spoiler
Location: Sector 88F, Border of Uncharted Space
Time: 20 minutes later

Play this song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tYaOEiNVWM

The ADF fleet warps out at the corner & activates stealth. But as soon as they activate the sensors & monitors, what greeted them was a huge battlefield. There were 2 fleets on opposing sides, both of unknown origin but large in number, there has got to be over a hundred ships on each side with one side having more than the other, at least ones that are still standing, there was probably more before they arrived here, evident by the amount of wreckage around the area. However, one side looks foreign in design & technology, evident by it's shape, weaponry, & color scheme. They were bluish & white in color, with designs that make them look like highly advanced ships not of human origin. They don't know what ships these are, but one thing for sure they were definitely not ships belonging to the Reapers & Cyberlons, the design & color scheme was different, however they were alien in nature. The other side was a fleet with dark gray coloring along with dark orange markings, highly advanced & larger in number. The database recognize them as members of the high tier PMC, known as Antares. What they were doing out here was a mystery to all. But one thing was for sure, the situation was chaotic.

Whalecow: This entire place is a freaking war zone...
Ava: Those are a lot of ships...
CIC: Sir! We're receiving a hail from one of the ships! It's a Dreadnought-class ship! Designated the "A.D Scorpion Stinger"!
Whalecow: (exchanges eye contact with Ava, then looks forward again) Patch them through. (the Captain shows on the holo-projection, he was wearing top-class armor)
PMC Captain: [holo] Oh, thank lord! Someone received our hail! You gotta help us! We're in a pinch out here! (there was shaking, he looks back fearfully) There's 2 somethings on our ship! We've sent men in teams of 20 to take care of them but we've lost contact with 20 teams in the last 20 minutes!
Ava: What exactly are these... "somethings"?
PMC Captain: [holo] (shows a very blurry feed, presumably from the visor of one of the soldiers helmets, there was something moving very fast, shooting at the soldiers, each shot hits it's mark with deadly accuracy, breaking the armor on the soldiers, splattering blood & gore & even brain matter all over the place, another blur was seen before the feed was cut off, the last thing visible was some kind of razor sharp weapon, which was not ordinary in nature to say the least) That's all we could gather! We're losing men up here! If this keeps up we're all gonna die!
Whalecow: What about the other side? Did they attack you first?
PMC Captain: (answers immediately) Yeah! They attacked first!
Ava: (finds that a bit strange) What are you doing out here anyways? This is uncharted space.
PMC Captain: Does it matter!? We're under attack my a bunch of high-tech aliens! Just help us! (his head snapped as he looked behind him, then he looks back at the ADF) Oh God! They're getting closer! We'll try to hold on as long as we can, but please, hurry! (moves to turn off the feed)
Ava: Ah- hey! Wait!

With that the feed cuts off. They have no idea what was going on, but now they have a job to do. But the choice in this one was vague. They know that one side is human & the other side alien, but they have no idea what's going on or how this started. The sensors have also detected that one of the shattered hulks of the alien ships bears a vague mark of what looks to be an insignia on it but it was unknown to them, since they were not in any database. Whalecow now knows why Nemesis recognized the signal as "friendly". On one side, they have the PMC that was seemingly under attack & needed help ASAP or their flag ship could be lost. On the other hand, this was uncharted space, far beyond the borders of any human colony & territory. Plus, there was the problem about the other side, after closer inspection they seem to be trying to escape with some of the PMC ships chasing them. Then there were the 2 "unknowns" apparently on board the PMC's Flag Ship, which was an advanced Dreadnought 2 km in length. If they don't help soon, everyone on board that ship could potentially be slaughtered. However, should they assist the PMC, they will most likely do a one-sided slaughter to the opposing fleet. They have no idea which side is right or wrong, or if they can trust anything the captain says. He was indeed in dire need of help, but there was something strange going on around here as well. Whatever they do here, they will need to choose very carefully.

[EMERGENCY MISSION]
Mission: Between "Right" & "Wrong"

The situation is completely chaotic, both sides have destructive power & are shooting each other to death. What's seemingly the "right" thing to do might not be the completely "right" one. What looks like the "wrong" decision may not be "wrong" completely. Things are not always as they seem. There is not much time to contemplate too much, this was uncharted space, & in the current situation time is of the essence. ADF members, make your choice:

#) Defend the "Humans" (The Captain needs immediate assistance, those aliens looks like they posses powerful weapons & pose a serious threat. If they don't do something about the 2 invaders on their flag ship as well, the Dreadnought could be lost & many lives will burn.)

#) Defend the "Aliens" (The Captain was acting suspicious, what are they doing out here in the middle of nowhere? In uncharted space no less. The opposing fleet looks to be in bad shape as well, there could be something hidden behind all this chaos as well.)

#) Do Nothing & Leave while you are still cloaked (Maintain your "neutrality". In this moment it is unclear what's going on at all, or who the attacker is in the first place. If anything, it was a massive cluster of chaos & fire-storm. Leaving the location will not gain you anything, but you risk very little, if any at all. There is currently no oppressor to fight here. None of them recognized you as well, & your ships are all in cloak at the edge of the battlefield in the distance. Should you leave now, there will be nothing to lose. The PMC that hailed you only know you received their call, but they do not know where you currently are. The alien fleet is currently unaware of your presence as well, so escape is a viable option.)

#) ? ? ? ? ? (Unknown Results)

WARNING: The ADF must move as a whole unit in this mission. Splitting up will cause severe consequences & you will fail immediately. You can only make 1 choice as the whole fleet to ensure maximum survival & success.

Note: Nemesis's & Cosette's actions are unknown for now. Whalecow have the right to force them to hold position in the hangars should he wish. However this could potentially affect their views on him in the future, depending on how he does so, & what he plans to do in this mission.

Note: Stop music here.

[close]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaand, done... This took longer than I expected, with all the delays & whatnot. I made this one a bit shorter than the earlier one. As there is the 2nd part to do as well & after that Whalecow can do his part & decide what to do with the datacards. Well, this has been an intense one for me... Hope you enjoy this half-assed half-improv of a post. :P
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:51:35 pm by Void »
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Whalecow

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #568 on: May 15, 2015, 07:22:55 pm »
Here we go... Trying to thread the needle here.

Threading The Needle (or) A Charity Group... With Cannons

----------
Bridge, FSS Legion.

(Whalecow turns to Ava)

Whalecow: Ava... take command of Legion and do what you can to stop this conflict.
Ava: Where will you be?
Whalecow: I'm going over to the PMC flagship to try to resolve this peacefully.
Ava: Diplomacy, huh? (thinks) I have seen you do amazing things with that silver tongue of yours...  But... why me, sir? Nozomi and Velora have more experience at commanding than I do.
Whalecow: Nozomi is beat, and Velora is in sickbay, plus... (looks Ava in the eyes and grins) I trust you, Ava. And I need you.
Ava: I understand, sir... I will do it... and We shall be victorious.
Whalecow: (grins harder) Wonderful. That tea was excellent, by the way.
Ava: Thanks... it reminded me of simpler times.
Whalecow: Indeed. (he turns away from her) Who's coming with me?
Spy: (shrugs) Someone's gotta keep your ass safe.
Whalecow: I might say the same to you.

(In a moment, they are off the bridge, headed toward the hangar to the nearest boarding pod. Speed is key.)

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWxP4Qcq76Y good music. Infinite Space DS.)

(Ava turns to the forward viewscreen and prepares to take command, heavy in thought. Legion was not just a ship. It was Whalecow's all. Pretty much everything he had was here. His daughter, his friends... in the end, almost his entire life. Ava had commanded Legion once or twice before, but it had never struck home quite so hard. He was entrusting her... with EVERYTHING.)

Ava: (cannot help but give a sad sort of grin) Navigation, forward. Divert starstone power to shields and get us in between those two battle lines.

(Helm cooperates and Legion moves forward, the Void coming up on its left, the PMC on its right.)

Ava: Attention all ADF vessels, follow Legion in and power starboard (right) weapons only. We're going to stop this fight, and we don't want to spook those Void ships. (into comm) Cosette Cosmos?

Cosette: (on comm) What now? Can't you see I have a hell to dive into?

Ava: Just relaying orders. Direct our ryders to intercept any missiles and laser blasts they can between the two fleets.

Cosette: Suicides. I like it. Prior experience.

Ava: *sighs*. Thanks. Now get your ass out there! (She turns off the comm before Cosette can give her -probably sarcastic- response.)

(Ava looks at the status screen and sees that they near the center of the fight. An insane plan... what was she doing? Suddenly, she catches sight of something reflected on a nearby computer screen. She turns to it and finds a reflection of herself. She had thought for sure, that in her peripheral, she had caught a glimpse of white hair belonging to a familiar man in a Ceran captain's uniform.)

----------
Boarding pod, FSS Legion.

(The pod launches from its tube and hurtles through space toward the PMC vessel.)

Spy: You're awful quiet, Mr. Silver Tongue.

Whalecow: Better than "milady" I guess.

Spy: Credit for your thoughts, milady?

Whalecow: And there it is... *sighs*

Spy: Alright, what the hell's wrong?

Whalecow: (quietly) Am I a man... or a Reaper?

(Before Spy can respond, the boarding pod strikes the PMC ship, and the claws puncture the hall somewhere near a turbo-lift leading to the command deck. The circular door opens and they drop out into the currently abandoned corridor. Both of them draw their blades.)

Whalecow: (breathes in, breathes out)

Spy: ...

(Suddenly, just down the corridor at the nearest door, a bloody arm falls to the ground just beyond, the body unseen, as an unholy cry of anguish assaults Spy and Whalecow's eardrums... then falls silent.)

Whalecow: Well... shit.

Spy: Easy, York. We can do this.

(Two figures appear at the end of the corridor, one bearing a flail and rifle, and the other a scythe of some sort. They're unlike any Reapers Whalecow had seen before. As they charge, Whalecow hears something else. A faint whimpering. He turns to find that a young woman is curled in a ball by the magnetically sealed lift, crying faintly...)

----------
FSS Legion, bridge.

(Ava looks once again at the monitor, finally confirming their position as between the center of the enemy and the most heavily damaged of the Void ships. It looks... screwed, to say the least.)

Ava: (comm) Havoc 1, go puppy-guard that second Void ship!

Cosette: (comm) You're naive if they think I'll let that ship go down!

(The Executive Officer of the Super-dreadnought watches a single ryder-sized blip streak off toward the Void ship that was just hanging on.)

Ava: Comms, direct a wide hail, get me in touch with the Void vessels.

Comms: Uh... ma'am.

Ava: Hmph. (She nods her head once at the comm officer and then directs her attention to the monitor and clears her throat.)

Comm: They are reading us, but are accepting audio-only. The PMC vessels will hear you as well.

Ava: (knowing that she is speaking for humanity and exuding as much confidence as she can muster. She does so quite impressively.) Greetings, Void vessels. This is Executive Officer Crescentia of The Free Star Ship Legion, speaking on behalf of the Alliance for the Defense of Freedom. We are a charity group... with cannons. We are here to end this conflict. Please do not fear the Cyberlon and her partner that we have dispatched to defend your more damaged ship. They are with us. Also note our port (left) cannons are offline. We ask that you cease fire. As for you humans, whoever you are... Our starboard (right) cannons are armed, and we are assuming you are the aggressors as a smaller force is unlikely to ambush a larger one under these conditions. The captain of Legion and one of our allies should be on your flagship right now dealing with your borders... peacefully. We ask that you cease fire as well... but will not hesitate to disable your weapons by force if you do not comply. We of Legion suggest that both of you... excluding the PMC flagship... make your way out of this sector as soon as possible... for the benefit of all. (hesitates) Perhaps, once this is all over, we can get together to have tea or something. As the captain says, "It's always good to make new friends".

(With that, Ava signals the comm officer to keep the transmission open.)

Comm: (quietly) Commander, I sent the transmission apprising Admiral Crescentia of the situation.

Ava: (nods) excellent.

(Ava's job now largely done, she drops into the captain's chair. Whatever happened now was up to the rest of the ADF, the Void, and the PMC. Velora comes to her side, her arm in a sling, grinning slightly)

Velora: Sit, wait, and hope for the best...

----------
PMC Dreadnought, near lift to command deck.

(Whalecow activates the plasmic coating on his blade and takes several steps backward to protect the woman, who seems to be barely older than 16. He can just make out her sobbing about joining these guys to be with her dad, and how he was probably dead now.)

Whalecow: *sighs* (He holds his blade up in a ready position. For now at least, he knows he is human.)

(Whalecow's right eye begins to glow blue as he activates his implant. A look of recognition spreads for a moment on the faces of the Reapers...)

Whalecow: (bows) How about we talk about this?

Spy: (Looks at Whalecow, then at the Reapers, Then he points at Whalecow) He's Ryuvian.

Whalecow: My citizenship says Ceran. (casts a look at Spy)

Astral: (stops mid-way, then looks at him quizzically)

Zephyr: (looks at them, raising an eyebrow)

Whalecow: If... um... you could just stop killing everything in sight... uh... we could get these humans out of here.

Astral: (looks at him, then lowers his weapon, which looks to be a Kusari-Gama, which was a scythe attached with a chain that has a spiked weight on the other end of the chain)

Zephyr: (lowers her rifle & lowers her scythe flails on her right hand, she folds them & holds in in one hand)

Spy: You don't talk a lot, do you?

Astral: Tell us...

Zephyr: ...who are you?

Astral: You don't seem to be part of the crew on this ship.

(Whalecow looks once again behind him at the poor child, mortified, staring blankly at the reapers.)

Whalecow: (He collects himself, then clears his throat) *ahem*. I am Whalecow, captain of FSS Legion, member of the Alliance for the Defense of Freedom. We are a charity group... with cannons. And we are here to stop this slaughter.

----------
That's all I have. The rest of the ADF (and Chizuru I guess) will do whatever in accordance with their players' wishes. Spy was there because he agreed IRL and will be fleshing his character out. The conversation between Whalecow and the Reapers was pre-done on Skype for accuracy. Look forward to everyone's responses. I guess technically we would be helping the humans, but preventing further attacks on the Void? Uh, I just made due with the resources I think the ADF has. Looking forward to everyone else's posts!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:56:39 pm by Whalecow »
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Napsy NAPS

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #569 on: May 20, 2015, 06:43:00 pm »
Well. situation isn't exactly easy, so let's do something stupid post!

----------
PMC Dreadnought, near lift to command deck.

The corridor has become silent, more than it ever has been since the ship got put in space. 5 figures stand in it, not pointing their weapons at eachother, but still, the tension between them could be cut with a knife. Spy focuses a moment in thw weight of the blade in his hand, eyes moving slowly left to right, in an attempt to assest the situation.

Spy: [Deep in thought, eyes moving quickly, analyzing everything.] Reapers. Two of them. Both unlike the ones we have seen before, weaponry also different, totally unknown. One of them has a rifle, downed. She can probably get it ready before we can approach... Whalecow looks tired, he is tired... We cannot fight this... And also... (Quietly, to Whalecow) Requesting cover.
Whalecow: (Quietly) Cover? We are not going to fight, what are you think-

(Spy turns backwards at a pace slow enough that it does not alarm the Reapers and pushes Whalecow to one side, drawing his blade and smiling at the scared girl.)

Spy: (Crouched, facing the girl) Hello, my name is... ur... Well, my friend and I have come to help you. What is your name?
??: (She turns from the wall, to look with one eye at them.) T-the monsters... T-they have my father.
Spy: (Sighs at the scared girl. Thinking she could worry a little more about her own situation.) Don't worry, I'm sure your dad is fine... Listen, can you help me little in return?
??: B-b- but...
Spy: Down the corridor there is a dropship. Our dropship. Could you go there and hide for a while while we find your dad?
??: (She gets up, and walks backwards down the corridor.) Y-you promise you will find him?
Spy: (Stands up and smiles one last time.) Of course, now run. We will deal with the scary monsters.

(Once the girl has dissapeared from the corridors, Spy turns back to his position besides Whalecow.)

Whalecow: (Grins) I knew you had something good in you.
Spy: (furrows) What?
Whalecow: "We have come to help you." "We will find you daddy."
Spy: (Annoyed) Shut up, she would have got in the way.
Whalecow: Yeah. Sure.
Spy: Tsk. What about you here?
Whalecow: Oh, you know... Making friends.

(The reapers stand there, both with the weapons down, and an obvious change of attitude, now they look like they are not prepared to fight, and more ready to talk.)

Reaper (male): We desire to put an end to this pointless fight as well.
Reaper (Female): Is it true? Will you help us do that?
Whalecow: Yes. Is what we do everywhere we go. We help people in need, no matter what.
Reaper (male): (Sightly bows) We could not be happier to hear those words.
Reaper (female): We will like to know if you have a plan.
Whalecow: (Scartches the back of his head) We... have people working on that. It would be helpful if those other aliens could stop shooting...
Reaper (male) It has been the humans the ones who started this.
Spy: Yeah, I know. They are a bunch of douchebags, huh?

(Both of the reapers look awkardly at Spy, questioning what they see as an obvious human.)

Whalecow: (Sighs, and puts his hand on Spy's shoulder.) Why don't you start talking to the captain of the ship? I'll handle communications with the Reapers from now on.
Spy: Heh... Alright. Don't get killed. And remember these words, Whalecow: You are the stupidest human being I've met.
Whalecow: (Chuckles.) Same. Now get moving, we have work to do.

(With this, Spy walks past the Reapers, towards the sealed bridge door.)

Spy: (knocks on the sealed door two times.) Delivery! Someone ordered a pizza?

(The door is opened, and Spy enters it, only to see what looks like the whole bridge pointing guns at him. He raises his hands in the air, then slowly pulls one down, and makes the motion of shooting with one of his fingers. The people in the bridge slowly pull their weapons down as Spy goes to take a seat.)

Spy: So. The good news is that we have dealt with the "monsters" in your ship. The bad news is that I don't bring pizza.
PMC Captain: You lie. We have seen in the cameras, the blur is still there, so they are still there.
Spy: Smart man... Well, they are not wreaking havoc inside your ship, and I'm sure they will leave soon, so that means our work is done, that will be 300.000 credits, please.

(No one in the bridge mutters a word.)

Spy: (Claps hands as he gets up) Sooooo... I guess you got the message from Legion, right? Stop shooting now.
PMC Captain: We can't, we need to see those ships eliminated.
Spy: (Laughs) Listen here, blockhead: that was Ava Crescentia, and if you don't do what she tells, she is going to fire mankind's most powerful weapon to this ship.
PMC Captain: (Stern) She would not do that with her allies on board.
Spy: (ponders for half a second) ... Yeah, I'm pretty sure she will.

(The bridge falls silent one more time.)

Spy: Or I could just kill everyone here, and stop the weapons myself, I got the skills, so your choice.

(Silence falls one third time.)

Spy: Oh, and a quick question: Is one of you a father, and has his daughter on board?

(Not a single word...)

Spy: (Sad smile) Heh... Figured as much...

---------
Probably my longest post to date... this is tiring.

 

106 Guests, 1 User